-cant travel between acts/no free-roam mode
-linear map design and a lack of randomness
-linear quest progression with no rewards
-deckard cain death by butterfly
-removal of custom games and chat channels
-no open world pvp
-small maps
-All damage based on your weapon
-and of coure the absolutly horrendous itemization design (str on wands?)

before blizz fan-boys jump off and say "skill points only give you and illusion of customization" I call BS!, you can have skill points without them increasing the direct damage of said skill, gimme a cooldown reduction, radius increase, hell maybe more than 4 zombie dogs? there are lots of ways to add them without ruining the game. Anything is better than nothing at this point

Adds skill points 1 every 10 levels(respecable) for a total of 6 (because we have six skill slots) also add 3 passive points 1 every 20 levels and make the passive choice permanent! Then take off the crappy stat rolls like str on wands and replace it with +skills rolls. This would breath so much life into both the item hunt and character customization
Edited by Indo#1979 on 4/1/2013 5:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You're right, the AH isn't the problem. With the bad game itself, however, the AH makes things worse.
Reply Quote
I will admit the AH comes with its own bag of problems BUT I wouldnt hold it solely responsible for d3 failings. When I was a kid day dreaming about d3 i knew even then it would have some sort of AH but i always envisioned it as a place we actually took our characters to physically not just a button on the main menu. AH for me killed the community experience mostly, I dont really see the problem with throwing stuff on auction but it shouldnt be just gold you should be able to trade for x amount of gold or x gems or a piece(s) of gear with x stats, kinda like a barter house thing.
Reply Quote
03/31/2013 11:44 AMPosted by Indo
you should be able to trade for x amount of gold or x gems or a piece(s) of gear with x stats, kinda like a barter house thing.

Yeah I always wondered why you couldn't do that. It's way more fun that way! Check out my thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8518482280?page=1#0
Reply Quote
it did
Reply Quote
Adds skill points 1 every 10 levels(respecable) for a total of 6 (because we have six skill slots) also add 3 passive points 1 every 20 levels and make the passive choice permanent! Then take off the crappy stat rolls like str on wands and replace it with +skills rolls. This would breath so much life into both the item hunt and character customization

I agree on everything except making your passive choice permanent. Why the f.c.k would you want that?
Reply Quote
Well I should probably clarify that the passive points would work like skill points in that they would buff an aspect of the passive. Also the we would still have access to the skill/passives we didnt put points into if we wanted so theoretically you could dump all your points into 1 skill if you wanted.

Making them perm would do a number of things, for 1 give people a reason to re-roll and make more than just 1 of every class the more people are playing and leveling the more gear is being found and taken out of the economy, another thing it could do is give people a real sense of customization and identity "im a ???? witch doctor" as aposed to just a witch doctor. People would want to find gear that added to their specific builds.

i guess its my old school d2 way of thinking, i could be wrong.
Edited by Indo#1979 on 3/31/2013 12:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If you put it that way than ok, but than there should be a respec option too like in D2 LOD for skills.
Reply Quote
03/31/2013 11:44 AMPosted by Indo
I will admit the AH comes with its own bag of problems BUT I wouldnt hold it solely responsible for d3 failings. When I was a kid day dreaming about d3 i knew even then it would have some sort of AH but i always envisioned it as a place we actually took our characters to physically not just a button on the main menu. AH for me killed the community experience mostly, I dont really see the problem with throwing stuff on auction but it shouldnt be just gold you should be able to trade for x amount of gold or x gems or a piece(s) of gear with x stats, kinda like a barter house thing.

This is what I would've loved to see. Take what Diablo 2 had in that people actually made games to trade in, but create some area for tons of players to enter. And have some sort of booth for you to display what items/gold you have to offer and what you are looking for (while you are fighting enemies people can private message you). After you leave the game all items in the booth are returned.
Reply Quote
Anyways I completely agree with you Indo.

The AH was not the only thing that "ruined" Diablo 3.

I would also add this:

-Lack of Light Radius. Although a terrible thing when used as an affix, this effect made Diablo 1/2 really great when it comes to seeing enemies walking out of the gloom to attack you. Having everything dark and shadowy around you made the overall experience of the game creepy and intense in it's own way.
Reply Quote
blizzard did.
Reply Quote
Of course AH ruined D3. When you have a game designed to be an item hunt, and you make those items instantly available, what point is there to playing the game?
Reply Quote
The AH is just a trading tool. Even without the AH the gear is still boring, character customization is non existant, maps suck, no progression without hitting lottery drops. I could go on but the AH itself isn't the problem. It just makes the problems of d3 much more obvious. How do you make an ARPG without a skill tree? Character progression only through gear? Paragon grind--lol 300 stats points.
Reply Quote
03/31/2013 01:18 PMPosted by Scherzo
The AH is just a trading tool. Even without the AH the gear is still boring, character customization is non existant, maps suck, no progression without hitting lottery drops. I could go on but the AH itself isn't the problem. It just makes the problems of d3 much more obvious. How do you make an ARPG without a skill tree? Character progression only through gear? Paragon grind--lol 300 stats points.

so true, gear is just boring and un-rewarding. In 200+ hours or so of play time i have only found 1 thing that sold for any amount worth mentioning AND have NEVER found a legendary that was good enough to use. I honestly think making the loot the way they did without +skills like a normal diablo game and the simplification of stats and gear are some of the worst design decisions in gaming history especially for an ARPG
Reply Quote
AH is not the problem all the little things the could have added did
Reply Quote
I myself don't like either AH but, saying that, I'd be willing to try it your way just so long as they do "something". Anything other than the way it is now.
Edited by Bel#1732 on 3/31/2013 4:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
That would've been awesome, i always thought somthing like this would be the logical next step but i guess i was wrong. A barter system like this would be perfect, caldeum would make the perfect zone to add somthing like it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]