Diablo® III

"1 million players daily, around 3 million a month"

View profile
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/29/diablo-3-auction-house-jay-wilson/

So much for claims that Diablo 3 is dying.
Reply Quote
But people are claiming that because its like 12 million copies sold and less than 10% of those are playing. That means 90% quit.
Reply Quote
i dont think anyone can give an exact number, but a big percentage of that 1million are bots i would say.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/29/2013 12:53 PMPosted by AxeLord
But people are claiming that because its like 12 million copies sold and less than 10% of those are playing. That means 90% quit.

Only if you're an idiot and assume that it's the exact same 3 million players each month.

Also, 3 million is not 10% of 12 million. It's actually 25%.
Reply Quote
Only if you're an idiot and assume that it's not counting botters, AH flippers, and gold site spammers in that 3 million players each month, hell i bet its even counting people who long on for just 30 seconds and go meh i dont feel like being dissapointed today.

Also, 3 million is a made up number by blizzard i am 25% positive.

See what i did there?
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 12:53 PMPosted by AxeLord

Its not an MMO. A million players a day for a game that came out a year ago is a ton
Reply Quote
View profile
03/29/2013 12:59 PMPosted by Garthandal
So much for claims that Diablo 3 is dying.

So out of 12 million copies sold and one million playing do you think the numbers are going up or down?

12+ million sold, 3 million playing each month, means that around 25% of people who bought the game are playing each month. Even if we assume that it's the exact same 3 million players each month (and it almost certainly isn't), a 25% retention rate after almost a year is phenomenal and a true testament to the success of Diablo 3. And if we assume a rotating base of players, the retention rate is very probably higher. Maybe as high as 40%? It's possible.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/29/2013 01:04 PMPosted by Killance

Only if you're an idiot and assume that it's the exact same 3 million players each month.

Also, 3 million is not 10% of 12 million. It's actually 25%.

You said 1 million, now you say 3 million.

0/10

Trying way to hard. Game is dead, deal with it.

1 million daily, 3 million monthly. You lack reading comprehension.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/29/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Garthandal
And if we assume a rotating base of players, the retention rate is very probably higher. Maybe as high as 40%? It's possible.

So it is going down then.
kthnxbia

No, that's not what I said. At all.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/29/2013 12:56 PMPosted by Fathme
i dont think anyone can give an exact number, but a big percentage of that 1million are bots i would say.

You don't know this, can't say it with any real certainty. Just because you believe something may be the case does not make it so. I can say that the majority of people left playing the game are actual people, can I prove that? No I can't, so it isn't any different from your assertion.
Reply Quote
Considering the source... I won't believe it until I see it from Blizzard. I wonder why they haven't given out statistics? Something to hide?

Anyway, do you know what 3 million "unique players" means? Maybe you should before claiming that it means 25% of people still play.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]