Diablo® III

"1 million players daily, around 3 million a month"

why's everyone stuck on the fact that it's 1 mil and 3 mil a month, there's quite a number of unknown variables, like if that's the global number of players on line then yea, d3 is pretty close to a ghost town, if this is just talking about the US servers then ok I suppose that's quite a bit, other than that if it's global,

gdluck expansion or ANY expansion regarding Diablo3, considering other ARPGs out there get expansion-like content free of charge.

you have us kr tw eu servers, if you divide 1mil evenly among the 4 that i know of that's only 250k or so users per region, it's safe to assume that at LEAST 20% of that is bots, there are ALWAYS more bots than players and you dont know how many players are multiboxing so it further diminishes accuracy of that number, so it really boils down to about 200k players online daily PER AREA/Region being generous by following this assumption.

and I also stand by the argument that if you couldn't even bother to log in to the game once a month or even a week to play it, you may as well have uninstalled it and be known as another who's quit the game.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 3/31/2013 3:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
LOL, I know 9 people who bought D3, with me that's 10. I'm the only playing and that's because I recently came back after ragequitting for 7 months.

My little group is a small sample for sure, but it shoots these stats nicely.
Reply Quote
1 million playing and i usually cant find games playing on mp 4/5 to join in public games... >.<
Reply Quote
No, you are the idiot for failing to grasp simple math.

Day one has a number of players, players that are unique to that particular day.

Day two has a number of players, players that are unique to that particular day. There may be some day one people in this number - but regardless, the "million today" is not defined by yesterday's players, but rather, today's players.

Day three has a number of players, the combination of which is unique to this particular day - even though there may be some players that were on the previous two days, this isn't the point. The point is, today is a million that may or may not be different from days previous. This million is unique to this day.

At the end of the month, there are 3 million players that have logged on, players unique to that particular month. Not all of which may have been on previous months, or will be on future months.

Do you get it? Need me to break it down into pre-k level? Sure?

Kay.

You would be correct... except that it's not 1 million players that are unique to each day... you !@#$ing imbecile.

Players per day are counted on more than 1 day per month. That's why it's an AVERAGE.

At this point... I'm convinced that you're just trolling. I can't really believe that someone could possibly be as stupid as your posts are letting on.
Reply Quote
03/31/2013 07:20 PMPosted by NBrad
Why don't we stop all the drama, stop all the fighting, and have Blizzard put in an in-game player counter? Wasn't this even promised for 1.07?

They'd fudge the counter the same way they fudged these fantasy land numbers. One million daily? Come on Blizzard. At least bring it into the mildly believable range.
Reply Quote
Did you file a missing person report? *ba dum tish*

^Durrrr...here's another child....

If you click open your friends list in game it will tell you when they last logged on. most of my friends last logins have been over 30 days ago. I thought that would have been plainly obvious....unless.....unless of course you don't have any friends.

*ba dum tish*

<see what I did there> *chuckles*
Edited by Saberfenix#1119 on 3/31/2013 7:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/31/2013 07:26 PMPosted by NBrad

They'd fudge the counter the same way they fudged these fantasy land numbers. One million daily? Come on Blizzard. At least bring it into the mildly believable range.

Obviously this counter would have to detect bots and not count them.

If it worked that way, they wouldn't be left with much to count. :D
Reply Quote
03/31/2013 07:34 PMPosted by NBrad
the correct response was "if it could detect bots, why wouldn't they ban them??" ;)

exactly.
bots make money for blizzard.
there's no way blizz would ban them regardless of whether or not they are good or bad for the game.

at the end of the day it would be impossible to detect a bot consistently as bot programs constantly change the way in which they work and integrate with the game almost on a daily basis.
Edited by Saberfenix#1119 on 3/31/2013 7:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/31/2013 07:36 PMPosted by Saberfenix
the correct response was "if it could detect bots, why wouldn't they ban them??" ;)

exactly.
bots make money for blizzard.
there's no way blizz would ban them regardless of whether or not they are good or bad for the game.

at the end of the day it would be impossible to detect a bot consistently as bot programs constantly change the way in which they work and integrate with the game almost on a daily basis.

Doggone bots these days.
Reply Quote
^Durrrr...here's another child....

If you click open your friends list in game it will tell you when they last logged on. most of my friends last logins have been over 30 days ago. I thought that would have been plainly obvious....unless.....unless of course you don't have any friends.

Man, of all the things to get your panties in a bunch over. A bad joke.

*ba dum tish*

<see what I did there> *chuckles*

Hopefully just another bad joke. But with insults thrown in, it's hard to tell.

Might be time for you to step back from the forums if you're quick to get pissy over nothing.

Cheers.
Reply Quote
Since we're on the subject of Uniques..

When is Blizzard going to make those Unique purple monsters useful and engaging?? I mean, come-on, right??
Reply Quote
If each hr has about 50k to 130k player online
(say its a weekend) then u may really have 800k~ 1m player that day..
Thats of coz include bots n multi box

Assume each will login 2~3hrs
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
So what's the deal with everyone trying to invalidate the statistics as false, or grossly inaccurate. Just curious. Why.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
03/31/2013 09:08 PMPosted by Shrew
So what's the deal with everyone trying to invalidate the statistics as false, or grossly inaccurate. Just curious. Why.

Because the statistics don't agree with their beliefs. Therefore, it must be the statistics that are wrong.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]