Diablo® III

"1 million players daily, around 3 million a month"

03/31/2013 09:08 PMPosted by Shrew
So what's the deal with everyone trying to invalidate the statistics as false, or grossly inaccurate. Just curious. Why.

If you wish to believe them, fine with me.

I'm within my rights to think it's a bunch of marketing BS and bunk. They DO have a console 'port' to sell now. It's in their best interest to declare they have "millions" of active players. You dig? :)
Edited by Otis#1467 on 3/31/2013 9:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest

I'm within my rights to think it's a bunch of marketing BS and bunk. They DO have a console 'port' to sell now. It's in their best interest to declare they have "millions" of active players. You dig? :)

I have no reason to think it's a lie.

Marketing? Console players wont be playing with us PC players anyway, so why should they care. And it's not like console players are living in some backwoods swamp with no internet connection, they know about D3.
Reply Quote
You would be correct... except that it's not 1 million players that are unique to each day... you !@#$ing imbecile.

Players per day are counted on more than 1 day per month. That's why it's an AVERAGE.

At this point... I'm convinced that you're just trolling. I can't really believe that someone could possibly be as stupid as your posts are letting on.
maybe you missed the " " around million today.
I just trolled your troll, booyah!
Reply Quote

I have no reason to think it's a lie.

Marketing? Console players wont be playing with us PC players anyway, so why should they care. And it's not like console players are living in some backwoods swamp with no internet connection, they know about D3.

They will care though. That's why positive spin has to be put on about D3 for PC. If console players find that people don't like this version, it could negatively affect console version sales.

Don't kid yourself. It DOES matter.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
03/31/2013 09:37 PMPosted by Otis

I like this game, and I think it has come a long way since release. I'm willing to take heat for that, always have.

But for you guys, the guys who are always on the forums talking about how disappointed with the game you are...

1 million players daily, 3 million players a month. Those numbers are insane. Most games are lucky to sell that many copies, let alone have a retention rate like that. For a game that has as many 'problems' as D3. For a game, even though I love Diablo, has that style of play.

That is a pretty healthy playerbase. Do you guys WANT this game to fail? Lol, why? Why are you guys so mad?
Reply Quote
Marketing, they did it before with the classic bait and switch.

Why would they not lie now to boost sales?
Reply Quote
03/31/2013 09:51 PMPosted by Shrew

I like this game, and I think it has come a long way since release. I'm willing to take heat for that, always have.

But for you guys, the guys who are always on the forums talking about how disappointed with the game you are...

1 million players daily, 3 million players a month. Those numbers are insane. Most games are lucky to sell that many copies, let alone have a retention rate like that. For a game that has as many 'problems' as D3. For a game, even though I love Diablo, has that style of play.

That is a pretty healthy playerbase. Do you guys WANT this game to fail? Lol, why? Why are you guys so mad?

There's a good reason why you think "those numbers are insane". Because that's what they are. Insane. lol
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
03/31/2013 09:54 PMPosted by Otis
There's a good reason why you think "those numbers are insane". Because that's what they are. Insane. lol

Taking your ball and going home?
Reply Quote
03/31/2013 09:56 PMPosted by Shrew

Taking your ball and going home?

I'll never leave.

You're obviously convinced that Blizzard hasn't ever lied about anything regarding D3, so why should I continue?

Be well
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
I'll never leave.

You're obviously convinced that Blizzard hasn't ever lied about anything regarding D3, so why should I continue?

Be well

No ones convinced me otherwise, or even really tried.

But it's cool, no worries. You be well too, man.
Reply Quote
Even if its half what Jay Wilson said it is, that is still huge.

Haters gonna hate, but this game keeps on going.
Reply Quote
it's half of what he said it was

and 3/4 of that are bots

not a so hot ;)

That's still 375,000 people playing a game that only has 10 hours worth of content you just repeat over and over so you can do it slightly faster.

Success!
Reply Quote
The game is almost a year old, and there are still lots of people playing. That's pretty good.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
All i can say is, GIVE me the average d2 stats for this same question, lets compare. See the difference
Reply Quote
All these numbers don't matter because 80% of the people who "are playing" (regardless of whether it's the same people, old people, new people, etc) aren't playing THE GAME, they're playing Auction House Simulator, also known as Diablo III.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]