Diablo® III

"1 million players daily, around 3 million a month"

And lets not forget that some of those 12mil have been banned because they broke the TOS. We don't know the actual percent. And I'm talking before this article, so lets be over estimate you could say 10mil copies still valid, and how many households bought more then one copy for their personal use, (we'll group those with the previous deductions). Then casual gamers, who never replay, I think that'd be half the market, 'cause most of the people I know are casual. so out of 5-10 million people 3 million play each month. so say over two months you have 2-6million unique players (I reduced the 3mil, to account for people with more then one copy of the game). I'd say that's a lot of players.
Reply Quote
View profile
For the record players who long in for a second or just go to the AH is counted too.
then the bots.

I'd like to the see the number of players in the NA region not counting china and korea.
also lets not forget multi boxers.

Do you really think 3 million a month are actively playing this game and enjoying it? heck i logged in probably once just because i felt like it...that means im part of that 3 million even though i didnt even set foot and killed anything how many other people you think did the same thing?

We need actual data, from all over the world with average play time, and people who only do the ah only...also people who play from asia who play on NA region along with the number of players who play from the same machine.

And what other game provides data like the kind you are requesting?
Reply Quote
A million a day is great for a game that came out almost a year ago. This is not a MMORPG, there hasn't even been any new PvE content since then.
Reply Quote
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/29/diablo-3-auction-house-jay-wilson/

So much for claims that Diablo 3 is dying.

lets say 100 milion bought Diablo 3.

10 milion still play it.

You say:

WOW THATS A LOT!

I say:
yeah well, but 90% of the people that got it ... left.

Hope you get what I am saying. Of course I would expect people still playing Diablo 3. Because so damn many bought and tried the game. But considering who made the game (Blizzard just in case you forgot), how long it took to develope it and how many resources have been spend, it is somewhat ... sad if from 12 milion people (Blizzards words ...) only around lets say 2 milion are left. And from here, its pretty damn sure, that it will be less and less people over time.
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 3/29/2013 2:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 million players worldwide daily? sounds alright until you think how many are bots and the game has online required.

Im sure the players online is similar to CoD

anyways 1million/12 million = 8.3% is not exactly popular either

conclusion your all wrong is not alive or dead, just averagely treading along.
Edited by iwonsch#1358 on 3/29/2013 2:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
What will really knock your noodle will be the extremely low number of people who buy Diablo 4 at launch without a demo, considering how much of a disaster Diablo 3 is. Just say no to MMO.
Reply Quote

And what other game provides data like the kind you are requesting?

Starcraft 2 tells you how many people are online at any given time. Last time I played (before Heart of the Swarm) there were 750,000 people playing.

D3 said they would put this in 1.07, partially implemented it in the PTR, but then yanked the feature in a last second reversal...
Reply Quote
Wait, 1 million daily, 3 million a month? How does that work? 1 million players daily shouldn't mean 30 million per month (1 million per day, 30 days in a month)?
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 01:47 PMPosted by Zaxxon23
I don't believe a word that comes out of JW or Blizz anymore

Even Blizz has finally admitted its mistakes but the fan boys refuse to even believe the developers

I certainly hope you recognize the irony.

LOL.
Reply Quote
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/29/diablo-3-auction-house-jay-wilson/

So much for claims that Diablo 3 is dying.

lets say 100 milion bought Diablo 3.

10 milion still play it.

You say:

WOW THATS A LOT!

I say:

Hope you get what I am saying. Of course I would expect people still playing Diablo 3. Because so damn many bought and tried the game. But considering who made the game (Blizzard just in case you forgot), how long it took to develope it and how many resources have been spend, it is somewhat ... sad if from 12 milion people (Blizzards words ...) only around lets say 2 milion are left. And from here, its pretty damn sure, that it will be less and less people over time.

Lol, I have one thing to say, that game's population got DECIMATED!

Oh yea sure one million people play it daily,
so then out of 12 million oh my god.
lol plz, 1 mil is a lot? when 1 person out of 12 people plays it, that's a lot? really? I simply removed the padded zeros at the end.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 3/29/2013 2:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Game is not dead for me. I play all the time and enjoy it very much,
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 02:10 PMPosted by CrniVuk

Feel free to give a list of games that don't lose a majority of it's players within a year of release. I suspect that's going to be a fairly short list.

Maybe if you didn't hold certain companies to higher standards than everyone else, you wouldn't be so mad at them when they don't deliver.
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 02:58 PMPosted by Dispirit

Feel free to give a list of games that don't lose a majority of it's players within a year of release. I suspect that's going to be a fairly short list.

Maybe if you didn't hold certain companies to higher standards than everyone else, you wouldn't be so mad at them when they don't deliver.

D2...D2 didn't lose a majority of it's players within a year of release. was it too much to expect D3 live up to it's predecessor?

I call bs, link to facts?
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 02:58 PMPosted by Dispirit
D2...D2 didn't lose a majority of it's players within a year of release. was it too much to expect D3 live up to it's predecessor?

It also had an expansion pack released just under a year after it came out. But that's neither here nor there. Assuming you're right (nothing was cited but I'll take your word on that), expecting the exact same thing in a sequel is pretty dumb.

I mean, the infallible David Brevik is one of the men behind Diablo and he's produced nothing remotely near as good as he once did. Nor did the Schaefers (though their stuff isn't as bad as Brevik's stuff). People think past greatness must equate to future greatness and they're wrong.
Reply Quote
no arpg with more then 1 mil active players is out now, d3 is still the most successful arpg game in present time, I knew it, the king is back, thanks blizz, cant wait for the expansion :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]