Diablo® III

"1 million players daily, around 3 million a month"

Lol, I have one thing to say, that game's population got DECIMATED!

Oh yea sure one million people play it daily,
so then out of 12 million oh my god.
lol plz, 1 mil is a lot? when 1 person out of 12 people plays it, that's a lot? really? I simply removed the padded zeros at the end.

This type of argument seems silly to me. How much experience do you have with gaming? For a non-MMO in the current market to retain 1 million after a year is huge. Even some MMOs struggle to keep those numbers for a year.

Diablo 3 is a fairly short game with limited content. Many gamers will buy it, play it once, maybe twice, then move on to a different game. Expecting them to keep something like 10 mill out of 12 for a year is absurd.
Reply Quote
Everybody screams "the game is dying" yet noone actually has defined, what that even means. The "player base getting smaller" is just not a useful definition because all games have their peak in the first months and then decline.

It is really silly to claim that because % of players stopped playing after grinding the heck out of Diablo3 for several month that Diablo3 "dead", has no lasting play value and/or is just plain bad. YOU ONLY GOT 200 HOURS OF GAMEPLAY OUT OF IT. WHAT A SCAM!

There probably was a big percentage of players with unrealistically high expectations for D3 when it came out. They were living in a fantasy world and thought Diablo3 would be like World of Warcraft, but with more special effects, and free, and better and everybody gets Pizza three times a day. They were obviously disappointed and they left for something else.

The players who actually enjoy this game, and take it for what it is, are still around.

You can say that a game is dead when you log on to the servers and nobody is there. That is clearly not the case with D3. You can go online at any time of the day and you'll find a party to play with for any content you'd like.

I will buy the expansion(s) on day 1 and I'm probably going to enjoy the new content. If the new expansions each bring to Diablo3 what Lord of Destruction brought to Diablo2 then I'll probably still be playing, sometimes more, sometimes less for the coming decade.

Diablo3 with six acts and seven or more playable classes plus more itemization, monsters, skills, areas? Yep, I will see half of all the haters here again in a couple of years. ;)

Also play Hardcore you sissies. No botting problems and no $_$ auction house.
Edited by Paulszki#1462 on 3/29/2013 3:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 03:21 PMPosted by Dispirit
except it would have been very easy for Blizzard to keep D2's core systems in place and just update the story for D3 without having Cain killed by butterflies. then BAM D3 greatness. the only good news is Blizzard has the money/resources to redeem themselves and fix their mess. lucky for the rest of us with standards...you'd be satisfied if blizzard sold you feces in a box because the company was great a while ago.

So, you have no real argument and have to fall back on the tried and true tactic of "bash D3" and even think I'm some "fanboy" (I'd be satisfied with "feces in a box" if Blizzard released it) because I don't blindly hop on the hate-train.

Well, at least you tried. I guess.

/slowclap
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 03:30 PMPosted by Sethik
When over 300,000 players have more than 7000 hours logged, we can assume there are about half a million bots out there, or people who don't sleep

I like this guy. But where do you find this information ?
Edited by Dazmodan#1520 on 3/29/2013 3:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
When over 300,000 players have more than 7000 hours logged, we can assume there are about half a million bots out there, or people who don't sleep

If we assume there are that many bots, then there are enough legit players (so to speak) buying from them or else there wouldn't be that many bots because it wouldn't be profitable to run said bots. Sounds like there are even more people playing that Blizzard is claiming unless you really think only a handful of players are keeping those botters in business.
Edited by Ringo#1617 on 3/29/2013 3:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote

You said 1 million, now you say 3 million.

0/10

Trying way to hard. Game is dead, deal with it.

1 million daily, 3 million monthly. You lack reading comprehension.

So.... If 1 million daily. wouldn't that be more like 31 million monthly? I think someone just made up numbers here... lol
Reply Quote
That's still pretty good considering the game sold 10 million from May-June last year and 2 million from July-Jan 2013
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 03:44 PMPosted by Sethik
So sounds like good business to keep half a million bots running no matter how many people are playing

Keep running half a million bots, turning little to no profit on a game that's supposedly "dead" or "dying" just in case it gets revived sounds like good business? Sounds more like gambling to me. The botters we're talking about aren't kids who's too lazy to farm his own gear. These are people who make a living off it.
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 03:46 PMPosted by Trapkick
So.... If 1 million daily. wouldn't that be more like 31 million monthly? I think someone just made up numbers here... lol

lol, I'm laughing so hard at your comment . Don't you think every players log in 1 day and then go offline for entire month. 1 million and 3 million are number of account that log in to game . I used the term log in because I believe Blizzard also count those bot and flippers are playing game.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I have a friend in Orange County that works for Blizzard and he said Diablo 3 has over 300,000 account showing more than 7000 hours logged. Either they are bots or 300,000 hardcore gamers don't sleep. Besides that, duping exists, you tube search: 'Duping in Diablo 3, Gem Prices & Manticores'

Diablo 3 is a failed game

Sad thing is, the developers, I'm told, spend all day fighting and get nothing done in over a year.
That's why Jay Wilson left. He couldn't lead his team and bring together ideas. Again, so I'm told

And my sister's best friend's brother's wife's uncle's cousin twice removed once rode a unicorn at a government's secret facility near Area 51. The unicorn was pink.
Reply Quote
says the guy that had no real response to my perfectly valid argument but to go to the hate/fanboy nonsense. enjoy your ignorance lil man. <3

WHAT argument did you make? There was no argument in your post!

Hate/fanboy nonsense?

lucky for the rest of us with standards...you'd be satisfied if blizzard sold you feces in a box because the company was great a while ago.

Yeah dude, you totally weren't doing that.

/shoo
Reply Quote
I kind of feel sad for the people still playing this game.

Keep hanging in there, that miracle patch is just around the corner, along with your "good" item drops.

I was once like you, trying to cling to my wonderful memories of D2. Unfortunately every patch has become less and further between. I'm sorry but it's obvious that the devs have lost touch with the series long ago. It's like a cartoon filled with blood and bad acting.

Diablo 3 is what happens when WoW players make a Diablo game.
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 04:30 PMPosted by Dispirit
yeah and you cut out the part of my post that was a real argument

This?

except it would have been very easy for Blizzard to keep D2's core systems in place and just update the story for D3 without having Cain killed by butterflies. then BAM D3 greatness. the only good news is Blizzard has the money/resources to redeem themselves and fix their mess.

Okay, yeah. I see no argument in there pertaining to what I said. Care to clarify?

the last part was in response to your stupid comment about expecting greatness all the time.

Er...what?

I said
03/29/2013 03:10 PMPosted by Ringo
I mean, the infallible David Brevik is one of the men behind Diablo and he's produced nothing remotely near as good as he once did. Nor did the Schaefers (though their stuff isn't as bad as Brevik's stuff). People think past greatness must equate to future greatness and they're wrong.

and your response is

lucky for the rest of us with standards...you'd be satisfied if blizzard sold you feces in a box because the company was great a while ago.

What the hell are you talking about?

03/29/2013 04:30 PMPosted by Dispirit
pwnd...i'll leave you now to cry in your defeat. bye bye my love.

Peace! Come back when you've gathered your thoughts.
Edited by Ringo#1617 on 3/29/2013 4:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10k legit players
500k bots/multiboxers
450k people that only check the forum to slam Blizzard.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Million awesome customers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]