Diablo® III

Lazy Rich People are Ruining Games

What idiot mod moved this thread from "General" to "Gameplay Videos and Streams" section ?!?!
Are you retard mate ?!?

Anyway,

This video has everything to do with Diablo 3. (AH/RMAH)
He even talks about Diablo 3 6 minutes 50 secounds in or you could just watch the whole video..its good with good points.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/7u16q6/the-final-bosman-lazy-rich-people-are-ruining-games
Edited by Crash#2643 on 4/2/2013 3:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
There aren't very many lazy rich people, but there are plenty of hard-working 'not a lot of free time' people. I don't mind their financial contribution to my bank account. At least Blizzard gives the players a chance to see a cut of the action. They could have sold items in the RMAH and kept players out of it, and then they would be Nexon, or any other F2P game company that sells its gear for $.
Edited by Hotshot#1904 on 3/31/2013 2:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/31/2013 02:13 AMPosted by Hotshot
There aren't very many lazy rich people, but there are plenty of hard-working 'not a lot of free time' people. I don't mind their financial contribution to my bank account. At least Blizzard gives the players a chance to see a cut of the action. They could have sold items in the RMAH and kept players out of it, and then they would be Nexon, or any other F2P game company that sells its gear for $.

+1
Reply Quote

There is a reason why they kept all listings anonymous. I don't think I need to spell it out for any one with a brain.
Reply Quote

There is a reason why they kept all listings anonymous. I don't think I need to spell it out for any one with a brain.

Ah, you mean for privacy reasons.

Good point - imagine if you have 8-10 good items listed and 50 different people whisper you about every single one of them. That'd be kinda uncool. That being said perhaps it'd work if one could choose whether or not to list anonymous.

Yes, I got your point btw.
Reply Quote

Ah, you mean for privacy reasons.

Good point - imagine if you have 8-10 good items listed and 50 different people whisper you about every single one of them. That'd be kinda uncool. That being said perhaps it'd work if one could choose whether or not to list anonymous.

Yes, I got your point btw.

Ebay lists partial information, even if it is mostly private, you can even email the seller regarding the product. Chances are you are buying it from a Chinese gold farmer, a botter, or "someone" else.

Foxes guarding the hen house, what could go wrong?

Wanna go out for some Benihana tonight? Sure lemme just whip up a couple of unregulated Legendaries and sell them below market price.

Pretty much.

I don't see any reason why sellers name are anonymous.

They can add a tick feature to have a seller's tag even. Kind of like a character name, not your id.

That way its easier to ID the people instead of having thousands of listing.

You will still remain anonymous.

Too much greed that lead d3 to its death.
Reply Quote
This video has everything to do with Diablo 3.
He even talks about Diablo 3.
(AH/RMAH)

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/7u16q6/the-final-bosman-lazy-rich-people-are-ruining-games

How exactly them buying your gold ruining the game? LOL
Reply Quote
(AH/RMAH)

How exactly them buying your gold ruining the game? LOL

One thing is playing the game, farming your items, and compare to others(make s you feel 10x better if you got a good drop) and another thing is to jump in a game, power lvl to lvl 60 in 1 day, have a friend buy the items i need or give me gold to buy equip.....
what is the meaning of a good RPG then?!?
NO! AH should not exist in such a game.
THEN your game will live 10x longer..cause ppl actually play the game..they farm..etc.
I know so many who were carry to 60, given items or gold, and after 2 weeks they got bored the s**t out of the game.
Playing without AH WILL make the experience better..will prolong the games life.
Reply Quote
^ this deserves a bump.
Reply Quote
(AH/RMAH)

Great post, imma sub.

Kill Diablo vs Eat a Sandwich

Hotshot: You just said F2p. Pretty much everyone here paid for the game.

You're right. I was calling out a disgusting practice used by F2P games, where "you can't complain, the game is free", and suggesting that Blizzard has done better than that by us. As long as gaming has become a mainstream thing, there will be many people who feel they would rather invest money into the game than time in order to increase their enjoyment of the game, or be able to play with their friends who have been playing longer or have more free time, while at the same time not feel like they're slowing them down.
Reply Quote
If 2 men or 2 women were in love and wanted to get married... how does that affect you? You can spin your wheels trying to disprove the analogy, but it is no different.
Reply Quote
03/31/2013 02:22 AMPosted by ZRaiyne

+1
Reply Quote
03/31/2013 02:13 AMPosted by Hotshot

It is these people that are ruining gaming. They feel like they are ENTITLED to end game gear typically EARNED in any timesink oriented game. If you casuals want to "experience" all a game has to offer like the people that make the sacrifice/effort to do so...play COD. Leave timesinks be and quit complaining
Reply Quote
Even if I were a casual playing only 2-4 hours a day I would rather get my gear in game than buy for real money. It's much more fun to find something worth using by your own rather than use shortcuts like AH or RMAH even though I use AH...
Reply Quote
03/31/2013 12:17 PMPosted by Technoviking
It is these people that are ruining gaming. They feel like they are ENTITLED to end game gear typically EARNED in any timesink oriented game. If you casuals want to "experience" all a game has to offer like the people that make the sacrifice/effort to do so...play COD. Leave timesinks be and quit complaining

So... what exactly are you trying to say here?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]