Diablo® III

Now that Blizz admitted AH is not best idea...

Why not just add a no AH mode for those who don't want one? Don't ruin a great part of the game to suit less than half the game's population.

This proves you belong to idiot population, whïch does not read threads, only subjects and then discuss something that is not even there/already is there. And don't worry, you are not the only one.
Edited by Jura#2616 on 3/29/2013 11:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi All,

The AH is there to allow people to get items that they dont normally happen to pick up, it serves a purpose.

Thanks

Lap Chi
*Asia Server #3850

It also has quite a large negative impact on the game, and if Blizzard can admit it but you can't then you should reexamine yourself

Re-examine yourself? Did you seriously say that? When did we go from having a discussion to needless insults?
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 11:00 AMPosted by Jura
This proves you belong to idiot population

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`

/thread
Reply Quote
Hi All,

The AH is there to allow people to get items that they dont normally happen to pick up, it serves a purpose.

Thanks

Lap Chi
*Asia Server #3850

It also has quite a large negative impact on the game, and if Blizzard can admit it but you can't then you should reexamine yourself

Nice. Petty insults because you can't accept that your opinion is JUST AN OPINION
Reply Quote

Nice. Petty insults because you can't accept that your opinion is JUST AN OPINION

The point Blizzard is making is a fact.

Dear lord..
Reply Quote
Why not just add a no AH mode for those who don't want one? Don't ruin a great part of the game to suit less than half the game's population.

This proves you belong to idiot population, whïch does not read threads, only subjects and then discuss something that is not even there/already is there. And don't worry, you are not the only one.

Aww, I made the baby mad.

Actually I did read the thread. I feel the need for a no AH mode. Ruining fun for many people is not fixing a game.
Reply Quote

Basically yeah, the AH its self isn't the problem (other than the RMAH, which was a really bad idea to start with) its the fact they made the drop rates reliant on people using the AH.

Actually still no, the AH or the drop rates are not an issue, it is the community perception. A set of gear that will make MP4 or 5 easily farmable is dirt cheap on the AH, meaning most people consider it "worthless".

The problem the AH creates is simply that everyone has access to everyone else's drops, meaning that 99% of everything you find is going to be worthless because there are far more people finding it than wanting it. This gives the illusion of bad drops when really it's just what happens to a probability distribution when you take a very very high number of points.
Reply Quote

Also, AH and RMAH didn't hurt the game. The having farm for months on end to try to find one slight upgrade making people feel they HAVE to use it and having to farm act 3 or vaults of assassin in act 2 over and over because there's no other good place to farm it is what hurt the game.

It's amazing how people JUST DON'T GET IT when the game director plainly explained the issues with an AH in simple words. This forum is like my commute, just about everyone sucks

So, what's bad about adding a mode for those who don't want it? Makes too much sense? I understand.
Reply Quote

Actually I did read the thread. I feel the need for a no AH mode. Ruining fun for many people is not fixing a game.

How is it ruining fun for someone, if he has free choice whether or not he wants to play with or without AH? And then giving him benefits? People with AH would have easy access to decent items through AH and those without AH would have higher MF so they would have easier time farming. It is win-win for both groups since they get what they want, so now tell me, how is it ruining fun for anyone?
Reply Quote

Basically yeah, the AH its self isn't the problem (other than the RMAH, which was a really bad idea to start with) its the fact they made the drop rates reliant on people using the AH.

Actually still no, the AH or the drop rates are not an issue, it is the community perception. A set of gear that will make MP4 or 5 easily farmable is dirt cheap on the AH, meaning most people consider it "worthless".

Show me this magic gear that costs nothing and can get me farming MP4-5, please.
Reply Quote

The problem the AH creates is simply that everyone has access to everyone else's drops, meaning that 99% of everything you find is going to be worthless because there are far more people finding it than wanting it. This gives the illusion of bad drops when really it's just what happens to a probability distribution when you take a very very high number of points.

Your point.
^
Their heads.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage

They can't fix peoples perception, what they can do is fix or remove what is causing that perception.
Reply Quote
Let's get down to bussiness of how to fix this without taking away feature many people got used to but still making those who do not want AH happy

What I am proposing, is creating simple check-box like with hardcore, when you create character. You would simply tick AH Character on and off. And what to do with old characters? Allow one time only switch for them.

But now, how to motivate people into playing without AH, if they can play with it and buy eq? You have to hang the carrot on a stick little closer to their nose. So what if, for example, all non-AH characters got flat passive magic find bonus, let's say at least 75% so it will make huge impact right of the bat.

And one last thing, I would leave commodity functionality of AH on for all characters, since trading gems have become really pivotal and biggest achievement in terms of AH being good for a game.

I am sure this would not be that difficult to implement in future patches and would really propel the game in new direction and give many people reason to come back.

I respect your intentions, but we have to face the fact that the AH is so deep tied in to the game, its mechanics and all that you can say the AH is to D3 what trading was to D2. We have to simply accept that as a fact, that the AH is an very integral part of Diablo 3. What ever if we like the AH or not. Thats not the point.

Now that this is out of the way, the question is. What to do now?

Well I think the core issue of the game is the RMAH and the fact that itemisation in Diablo 3 is mediocre at best and in many cases not that well thought out. One example? The high ranges in affixes of the items where lvl64 rares and legendary items "regulariy" roll very low DPS. But DPS is the most important stat for those weapons. An Item, even Legendary items can have AWESOME(!) affixes on the, like as you get an manticore with 2 sockets, vit, dex, and you believe the gods love you. Just to realize its an low DPS manticore. Or even worse, echoying fury, socket, high CD. but not even 800 DPS. Finding an Mempo with nothing on it and so on ... we all know it. We all love it ...

As long those things are not "fixed" or at least "reworked" I fear that even an Diablo3 that has no kind of AH would not entertain people more then now. Quite the oposite. I think people would, even if they disslike the AH, leave the game faster then with the AH.

Thats just my opinion though.

What has to be done?

More items that offer you a choice. Like, please not only skorn as choice for twohand builds. Seriously now. And many builds/items suffer a similar fate.

Thighten the affixes of the items a bit. Why is one item worth 50 000 gold and the other 5 billion. Thats unreasonable and frustrating. Or class specific items which should have an higher chance to get high main stats. And the relation between stats. Take an maras for example. Lets say you get an decent one, with high main stats, maybe some CD. Could be nice? The only issue, its strength but it has an whitchdoctor skill on it ... To make it short, the RNG should take a "step back" in some cases. Like lets say the game would roll stats for the items, and it gets a high roll for main stats, should have a good chance to see actually class specific skills that can use it for example. And so on.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage

How is it ruining fun for someone, if he has free choice whether or not he wants to play with or without AH? And then giving him benefits? People with AH would have easy access to decent items through AH and those without AH would have higher MF so they would have easier time farming. It is win-win for both groups since they get what they want, so now tell me, how is it ruining fun for anyone?

This is one of the best ways I've heard to help deal with the problem =D
Reply Quote

Dear lord..

Jay WIlson != Blizzard, in fact, he's not even on the Diablo 3 team. Show me somewhere where Wyatt or Travis Day says something along the lines of "the auction house is a bad idea and we want to get rid of it".

Jay also said the point of this game is to kill Diablo, so he obviously doesn't know what game this is.
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 11:07 AMPosted by Jura
How is it ruining fun for someone, if he has free choice whether or not he wants to play with or without AH?

It wouldn't. What you appear to be proposing is something very few would likely have an issue with. Because there's a choice.

However, there are some that seem Hell-bent on a total wipe of everyone's gear. That is where the arguments are coming from.
Reply Quote

Dear lord..

So you have the guy who is blamed for nearly all of the game's design flaws, who actually admitted being wrong many times over the past year, and you're taking his opinion on the state of the game as fact?

Jay Wilson does not know what is wrong with the game, and he wouldn't know how to fix it even if he did.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage

Dear lord..

Jay WIlson != Blizzard, in fact, he's not even on the Diablo 3 team. Show me somewhere where Wyatt or Travis Day says something along the lines of "the auction house is a bad idea and we want to get rid of it".

Jay also said the point of this game is to kill Diablo, so he obviously doesn't know what game this is.

He was the Director of the Game for 7 years while in development and launch. He only stepped down and went to another game (within Blizzard) this past January.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]