Diablo® III

Now that Blizz admitted AH is not best idea...

Actually I did read the thread. I feel the need for a no AH mode. Ruining fun for many people is not fixing a game.

How is it ruining fun for someone, if he has free choice whether or not he wants to play with or without AH? And then giving him benefits? People with AH would have easy access to decent items through AH and those without AH would have higher MF so they would have easier time farming. It is win-win for both groups since they get what they want, so now tell me, how is it ruining fun for anyone?

I know I, and many of my friends have a blast finding that one item that can actually sell for 10mil or $2 on the AH sure it isn't much, but we have a blast doing it. Removing that removes a lot of fun for us.

How is adding a no AH mode not a helpful suggestion? At least its a suggestion, not an attack.
Reply Quote
Here is my "perception" of bad drops:

Using self-found gear, no AH, I was getting killed 2 to 3 times by Elites.

My choices were to continue this frustration in hopes of getting something good, or trade up and get moving again.

I spent very little to fill some gaps I had in my build and am once again having fun. I can handle elites fairly well, need to kite some (which I like).

If I really wanted to, I could pony up my credit card and get godly gear that would melt everyone, but hat isn't fun to me.
Reply Quote

The point Blizzard is making is a fact.

Dear lord..

Jay WIlson != Blizzard, in fact, he's not even on the Diablo 3 team. Show me somewhere where Wyatt or Travis Day says something along the lines of "the auction house is a bad idea and we want to get rid of it".

Jay also said the point of this game is to kill Diablo, so he obviously doesn't know what game this is.

I dont remembe the exact topic anymore, but it had to do with itemisation and one of the developers indeed said a few things about the AH, where they even thought about "removing it from the game". I dont expect from you to believe me though.

But it is my opinion that I think the people working on D3, right now are well aware about the negative effects of the AH particularly the RMAH on the game.
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Element
How is adding a no AH mode not a helpful suggestion? At least its a suggestion, not an attack.

It seems arbitrary. Just don't use it. Why have a "Mode"?
Reply Quote
How about a ladder system.
Reply Quote
Actually I made a derp of myself... I read the post and didn't realize you had the idea of a no AH mode in the post. Now I feel dumb. Oh well. Laugh at me. I deserve it.
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 11:21 AMPosted by Element
Actually I made a derp of myself... I read the post and didn't realize you had the idea of a no AH mode in the post. Now I feel dumb. Oh well. Laugh at me. I deserve it.

Admitting your own fault already made you forgiven, friend.
Reply Quote

Show me this magic gear that costs nothing and can get me farming MP4-5, please.

There are plenty of guides that have already been created to do just that, I do not need to make another one. 1 million gold should be considered "dirt cheap" and you can easily find good gear for that. Most people, probably including you, seem to think that you need 150k+ DPS in order to have "good" gear.

But feel free to keep blaming the AH for your failures at a ridiculously simple game if it makes you happy. I'm not here to judge.

Now I'm really confused. You don't have to have good stats to have good gear. Also, I've been defending the everloving crap out of the auction house the past two days. I'm not blaming anything but now, you can take your petty insults and shove it.
Reply Quote
I like having the ability to sell without having to spam chat channels or making posts on trading sites...

This is why I like the AH. Trading will happen, but Blizz created an environment where it can be done safely.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
03/29/2013 11:25 AMPosted by Bullfrog
I like having the ability to sell without having to spam chat channels or making posts on trading sites...

This is why I like the AH. Trading will happen, but Blizz created an environment where it can be done safely.

I think the AH is a good thing, all they need to do is up drop rates so its not practically the only way to get good gear. Also remove the RMAH, it hurt the game far far more than anything else.
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 10:41 AMPosted by Jacara
The RMAH turned a game into a full time job for some, and made Bots so rampant I think 2/3 of the active players are really bots.

Good thing you said you think because you don't really know.
Reply Quote
AH-free mode would be great.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
03/29/2013 11:29 AMPosted by BurningJC007
The RMAH turned a game into a full time job for some, and made Bots so rampant I think 2/3 of the active players are really bots.

Good thing you said you think because you don't really know.

Yeah Blizzard isn't likely to say but just by glancing at the RMAH it seems its either over run by Bots, or people that do nothing but flipping items lol
Reply Quote
This would be great .. a no AH option.

I would have played that from the get-go if they had it (a lot of people would have).

The problem is though that they would need to up drop rates of legendaries and recipes a TON (or like the new recipes give all legendaries a % chance to drop from bosses) and lower the cost of crafting a bit (since it is basically just gambling).

They would also need to shore up the affix ranges a bit .... so you don't find a weapon with 200 DPS. Or a weapon with less DEX than some item you found in Hell difficulty.

Just think .. buying a hellfire ring recipe would really hurt ... and be a decent accomplishment since you can't just take a few minutes to flip an item on the AH and make millions of gold.
Reply Quote
Does it never occur to people that they do not have to push the AH button?

If you want to play with other AH free players why not make a guild? PVPers have already organized their own websites and tournaments and they had to wait a full year to get brawling.

AH use is entirely optional already and has been since launch, no AH mode is easily self imposed and if you do not have the will power to enforce it on yourself I predict you would soon quit any character that wasn't ah enabled.
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 11:50 AMPosted by DeadLegacy

This is what no one has explained so far.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage

If you want to play with other AH free players why not make a guild? PVPers have already organized their own websites and tournaments and they had to wait a full year to get brawling.

AH use is entirely optional already and has been since launch, no AH mode is easily self imposed and if you do not have the will power to enforce it on yourself I predict you would soon quit any character that wasn't ah enabled.

They made the drop rates very low because they wanted you to go to the AH to get the good items.
Basically think of it this way.

Item drop chance is 10%, everyone is happy but they keep getting it so they sell it on the AH. Now there are to many of them on the AH and no one needs or wants it.

Okay so to fix this problem they made the drop rate .1% and expect 100 people to at least get one or two of them. Then once you get a double you put it on the AH.

This means that the drop rates were adjusted (Blizzard has confirmed this many times) with the expectation that the AH will likely be the best way to gear up since thousands of people farming will make up for the low drop rates. That means if you don't buy off the AH (and now the RMAH) then your likely going to need to farm 10-100 times longer to get the same gear.
Most of the people that bought D3 have left the game for this very reason.
Reply Quote
If I want to play "No AH" and either equip, vendor or destroy everything I find, I can do that TODAY.

Besides what I just described, what value would No AH Mode add? Do people just lack self-control and are drawn helplessly to the AH because there is a button?
Reply Quote
There are also 2 conflicting views here:

1. AH is NEVER going away because D3 was designed with it in mind. Drop rates proves this.

2. AH is definitely going away because it is flawed and hurts the game.

I think #1 is reality. There is no way Blizz will remove it because it means revenue loss. Fixing itemization (which is supposed to be coming) and the BIS gear enhancement means less revenue presumably as it is.

Unless people are just that angry and Blizz wants to respond to that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]