Diablo® III

Now that Blizz admitted AH is not best idea...

Since I don't remotely find enough items to gear well, removing the AH would effectively make Diablo 3 pointless.
Reply Quote
I am a dual CC user. Take a look at my DH and Monk. I actually have way better gear in my stash as my profile shows my PVP gear on my DH and leveling gear on my monk.

Now take a look at my barb. He's all crafted/found gear. No AH/RMAH at all. I've only been working on him for about two weeks so he's not that great yet.

I don't need a check box to force me not to use the auction house. I don't need incentives to not want to use the AH, I choose not to use it, simple as that. In fact the upcoming patches will have improved itemization and legendaries.
Reply Quote
The problem is, you have to rely on AH with little money you have, unless you are super duper lucky to get sort of BiS, and that doesn't feel like rewarding at all.
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 12:24 PMPosted by Kurt
The problem is, you have to rely on AH with little money you have, unless you are super duper lucky to get sort of BiS, and that doesn't feel like rewarding at all.

If itemization gets adjusted properly, then items will become less rare and cheaper to buy if you don't want to farm.
Reply Quote
While the AH is annoying for a few reasons, it isn't the problem with this game...

Think of it this way. If all you did was add an AH to D2; D2 would not have been destroyed. In fact it would have remained the awesome game it was.

Stop blaming the AH for all the true problems with the game: no open world, useless WP's, no custom games, extreme lack of any RPG aspects, itemization is a joke, RMAH (pay to win; sure this existed before, but it was a fraction of what it is now).

The way I see it, the only thing the AH did, was to make it easy to find what you were looking for instead of making/joining 1000 games trying to trade an UM rune for a Shako (actually that trade was easy, but you get the point)
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 12:32 PMPosted by Dinkster9
RMAH (pay to win; sure this existed before, but it was a fraction of what it is now).

If you want to swipe your card and melt monsters in MP10 I think that's fine and doesn't hurt anyone. This can be accomplished in either AH. I think allowing people to sell pixels for real money was not a good idea due to hacks/botters, etc.

Maybe they would exist either way...
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 11:50 AMPosted by DeadLegacy
Does it never occur to people that they do not have to push the AH button?

Bashiok explained that AH is one of the factors, perhaps substantial portion, considered in tweaking the drop rates by the developers in the game which means giving an option for AH-free mode will require a change in the nature of the quality of drop rates different from the AH driven mode.

It's expected that they'd tweak it to be more rewarding.

If you genuinely believe in your premise that it's optional to use AH then why aren't you accepting the proposition of AH-free mode since it doesn't affect your gameplay? It's a win-win unless you're a person who thrives in RMAH sales either corporate drone or a botter.

I'd play the AH free mode because I'm certain that the drop rates will be more rewarding.
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 12:46 PMPosted by izztickie
I'd play the AH free mode because I'm certain that the drop rates will be more rewarding.

So essentially itemization is the problem and the AH was a compelling reason for Blizz to design poor itemization into the game.

If itemization is fixed, everyone wins, whether they play AH or not. Still no really solid arguments for a special mode of play.
Reply Quote
Actually, if you play few hours of farming, you would see legendary or two, which most likely will be revealed as nothing but a orange trash like 5minutes later.

People including myself hate it, because it makes us feel like we are screwed by double (or triple) RNG.
Edited by Kurt#1882 on 3/29/2013 12:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Whether it's the AH's, the itemization, ladder seasons, the drop rates, skill trees, or synergies that people are requesting...There are many threads out there with at least a few valid observations and arguments for fixes. And, that leads me to believe that the biggest problem with making Diablo III a better game than it is currently is with Blizzard itself.

Fixing any one thing or adding any one thing won't cure what ails this game... poor development.
Reply Quote
Take the auction houses out of the game client, and create a website where players can send treasure to be auctioned in the same manner. It doesn't force RMAH or GAH down the communities throat, and it's still a safe option for gold selling and DUAL CC Warriors!
Reply Quote
I just say drop less gold and increase repair costs for sustainability.
Reply Quote
My advice to blizzard is ignore it an leave it well enough alone.
Reply Quote
You miss one big point man ITEMS ARE BAD! how you want to play with out AH if the 95% of items droped are trash....sure if you want to be a non-AH player and have 15k dps good for you but alot of players me including dont want always play on mp 0 and drop trash items so yeah if you really want to be able to on and of AH you need a good reason for do that
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]