Diablo® III

Is Blizzard at risk of a class action lawsuit?

False advertising on my box saying we would have pvp for one. amongst many other things.
Reply Quote
View profile
You do have PvP.
Reply Quote
There is PVP (player vs player),

Here are the steps,
1. Find a party (or join a public game) >
2. Create a game (or join a game) >
3. Talk to Nek the Brawler NPC (near the portal usually) >
4. Enter Training Grounds >
5. Fight to your hearts content.

EDIT: Find someone on your gearing range so that you won't get "surprised". Avoid people who are far more geared than you at all costs. rofl.
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 3/31/2013 12:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
if you would have sued them before their 7th patch then yes you would have a class action law suite on your hands. Now the game already has pvp you missed out on when it didnt. the first rule of law school is that things in the past dont matter until it was detrimental to your health.

on a bitter side note.. thanks blizz, for dueling when we could have had DUELING from day ONE. I want ranked pvp.
Edited by darkthrone#1400 on 3/31/2013 12:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
My boxed copy doesn't say anything about PvP. . .
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
03/31/2013 12:16 AMPosted by Calamity

Obviously because you got a fanboi copy. Jeez.

Actually, it's the fangirl edition--done up with pink sparkly ribbons.
Reply Quote
03/31/2013 12:22 AMPosted by Ryaskybird

Girls don't play videogames.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
03/31/2013 12:16 AMPosted by TheSaint

Rasky, what is wrong with you? Why do you put so much time into defending a game that the majority thinks is broken.

Because:

1. I have a low tolerance for nonsense presented as fact.

2. I don't think it's broken.

3. See number one.

And it's Rya Skybird :)

03/31/2013 12:25 AMPosted by BattleToad

Girls don't play videogames.

You're right. It's actually the fanwoman edition. It still has pink sparkly ribbons, though.
Reply Quote
LoL what are you going to sue them for? product misrepresentation? fraud?
What are your loses? $60 for the game?
You want to sue them for $60? go ahead. you probably lose and end up paying for lawyer costs and court's time.
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure EA and Maxis are in line ahead of Blizzard if someone were going to get sued for a bad game release.

Anyway...I wish some group would spearhead getting some laws passed that would hold gaming companies liable for absolutely broken games at release.

Yeah I know...not enough politicians can get rich(er) on that so they don't care.

You cant sue someone for a crap product.. Technically the product works. Even then that's what refunds are for and such. I think the consumer laws only protect gamers when they buy a video game in the sense does it actually no work at all.. like errors / corruptions where you cant play it or load the game. a bad game is like a terrible song on a cd. It's artistic work which someone deems flawed... a poor movie for instance and so forth.
Reply Quote
03/30/2013 11:57 PMPosted by Jatacid
False advertising on my box saying we would have pvp for one. amongst many other things.

No, it doesn't. In fact, the box lists little to no actual "features" at all. Have you seen the box, or did you digitally download the game and just want to rabble rouse?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]