Diablo® III

Legendary Drop Bug

Ok, so i've been playing a week now and have logged in something like 30 consecutive hours without a legendary dropping. I play on MP9 usually, but have done some MP10 uber runs with friends. They all got multiple legs on each run and I haven't seen anything. Even rares aren't dropping for me like they used to. Tons of blues and whites. My MF is almost max. This isn't the first time I've had this kind of issue, but usually if I drop down to like MP6 and play some, it fixes the problem. No more. I've tried MP6, 3, 7, 8, etc. Nothing works. Since all rares are pretty much crap, the only hope you have to make money in this game is a leg dropping and getting a lucky roll. Since that no longer can happen for me due to some bug, the game stops being fun.

You can preach RNG to me, but this is beyond that. Almost anyone that plays MP9-10 will tell you that 1-2 Legs a run is almost guaranteed and 4-5 is not unusual. You can't do 57 key runs and 15 uber MP10 runs and NOT get at least 1 leg drop. Its just mathematically impossible. There is a bug.

My question is, since I know this bug exists now for sure and I have the sample size to prove it, I'm sure others have seen it as well. Its probably similar to the fury generation bug that sometimes hits players. I've seen players go through that but then fix it due to reboots and unplugging modems and such. I've tried those tricks. Didn't help. I've tried logging out naked and then re-equipping. Nope. Tried a re-install of the game too. Nothing is working.

Have you seen this bug and what did you do to fix it on your end??
Reply Quote
I't's obvious.... They've flagged your account for suspicious activity. You've not going to loot anything worthwhile until they finish their investigation.
Reply Quote
I had week go by like this and not only just the one time, there is nothing you can do, not only is the itemization of items broken, but the drop rates as well.

People that say it's RNG, are only fooling themselves. I see the loot system as a big pot filled with candy, the more people take out candy, the less there is. As for the itemization, it's like the sweets in Harry Potter, those called "Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans" Either it's taste is good or it tastes like <insert you know what>

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Bertie_Bott%27s_Every_Flavour_Beans
Reply Quote
idk...i was running mp7 with around 430% MF once i got full NV stacks and have been finding 1 legendary every 4-5 hours or so

i noticed a sharp decline after 1.0.7 hit...was previously getting 3-4 legends in 1-2 hours...it seems to me that because brimstones became useful for crafting they cut the drop rate
Reply Quote
I think the real question is, why do you wear Depth Diggers? They look like stripper thigh socks.
Reply Quote
03/30/2013 10:04 AMPosted by Raptor
I think the real question is, why do you wear Depth Diggers? They look like stripper thigh socks.

Thanks. This was a really helpful reply
Reply Quote
Sometimes I'll find three legendaries in one paragon run, then the next few just one, then one or two without any, then one, then the next batch might have 2 or 3.

RNG is RNG, just go outside and get some damn fresh air already.
Reply Quote
Not that simple guys. 57 key runs + 15 uber MP10 runs. RNG doesn't work that way. There is a law called "probability" and its not possible to flip 500 coins and get heads 500 times.
Reply Quote
idk...i was running mp7 with around 430% MF once i got full NV stacks and have been finding 1 legendary every 4-5 hours or so

i noticed a sharp decline after 1.0.7 hit...was previously getting 3-4 legends in 1-2 hours...it seems to me that because brimstones became useful for crafting they cut the drop rate

This^. I've noticed the same reduction. I'm only getting about a quarter of the drops that I used to get. Thing is, I'm not sure that I'm unhappy about this change.
Reply Quote
Goddamt this RNG killing this game xD
I HATE you RNG :P
Reply Quote

Perhaps the devs should look at combining the RNG with events more often. Kind of like the Hellfire scenario. If we as players knew that if we killed Baal and Azmodan in a game (so you'd need to complete an entire act in one setting plus kill a boss in the prior act) and you would get a Guaranteed leg drop, I'm sure most players would enjoy that. There is a 100% promised event involved so you know your day will have a specific reward and anything else you get is a bonus. It would make the game more enjoyable I think.

EDIT: Typo :P
Edited by Corgon#1140 on 3/30/2013 11:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I keep finding more and more Legs! Loving it.
Reply Quote

Perhaps the devs should look at combining the RNG with events more often. Kind of like the Hellfire scenario. If we as players knew that if we killed Bail and Azmodan in a game (so you'd need to complete an entire act in one setting plus kill a boss in the prior act) and you would get a Guaranteed leg drop, I'm sure most players would enjoy that. There is a 100% promised event involved so you know your day will have a specific reward and anything else you get is a bonus. It would make the game more enjoyable I think.

Bail? Is he in some secret level? And why did they change his name spelling from Baal?
Reply Quote
I tried 40min of runs. I got 6 legendaries. I'm using the tyreal's might I found. I even killed a warden on mp5, and it dropped a key and a legendary. That feel when two legendary items drop back to back.
Edited by duckmanneo#1736 on 3/30/2013 11:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Right. obviously this bug isn't effecting everyone. I'm not suggesting it is. I'm saying that occasionally, it does effect some of us and wondering if there is a "trick' to fix it.

NOTE: Playing today and found 2 legs on a MP9 keep run, so its fixed for me today. Not sure what I did or how though.
Reply Quote
03/30/2013 09:26 AMPosted by Corgon
Almost anyone that plays MP9-10 will tell you that 1-2 Legs a run is almost guaranteed

Wrong.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]