Diablo® III

Legendary Drop Bug

Really!!! I've been playing since the beginning and you know what...legendary's are where you find them. You actually think every new login has them generated in game? If you do then you are deluded. I have played full acts from the beginning and have had zero legendaries. Quit crying about it and just play...they will come.
Reply Quote
droprates are scaled down on the weekeds (fri-sun) to compensate for the increase in playerbase
Reply Quote
03/30/2013 10:30 AMPosted by Corgon
Not that simple guys. 57 key runs + 15 uber MP10 runs. RNG doesn't work that way. There is a law called "probability" and its not possible to flip 500 coins and get heads 500 times.

It's more than possible to come with 500 of the same result in a row when there are only 2 possible outcomes.

It's just not probable.

I think you need to relearn the difference between probability and possibility.
Reply Quote
mmm i once got 11 legendaries in 2 hours or :) quiver on my hunter which is a beauty but all rest crap
Reply Quote
Before 1.07 2 legends per hour mp3 , after patch 1 legend per 2 hours , now mp5 -1 legend per hour. Since I need insane gear to farm better mp6-7 with the broken dh class i`m stuck in mp5 ...
Reply Quote
My wizard has not found a single legendary since level 60
Reply Quote
actually mathematically impossible is not guaranteed. im a former gambler and i used discreet mathematics to have an edge but a win is never guaranteed. i rage quit playing diablo last year and got back about a month ago now, mainly because i felt the same way you do right now.
Reply Quote
03/30/2013 02:46 PMPosted by Azazel
I really don't believe in this RNG crap. A while ago i played for a week without a single legendary drop and all of a sudden i find 5 legendaries in a 20 minute span, two of which were natalya's boots, inna's chest and some crappy ones. It's just so hard to believe that all is random.

There are two camps on this board. 1 thinks that the RNG is a perfect animal and that everything truly is random and anybody that complains about their results are simply ignorant of how RNG and probabilities work.

The other camp knows how RNG works and knows there are issues with the RNG. A Random Number Generator can have flaws. Anyone that thinks otherwise is completely clueless to the way computers work. There are just too many cases and evidence to think that the RNG is flawless in Diablo. It would be in everyone's best interests for the developers to revisit that generator and see what can be done to improve it.
Reply Quote
I've just finished a couple runs on MP10 Keeps level 2 and found 4 legendaries. Mempo (non crit of course), Innas helm, Gladiator Gauntlets and IK gloves.

Sounds like a dry spell. Keep it up and get those paragon levels. The legendaries WILL drop.
Reply Quote
Okay here is a quick guide for averaging 3+ leg/set items an hour...

First lets test how well geared you are... Set the game to MP10 and select Act 1, Broken Blade quest-Talk to Alaric. Go to the festering woods and find the CotA (crypt of the ancients). Now clear all the trash out, kill the elite only if it is an easy one.

If you cleared that area in 2 minutes or less, around 1 minute is the norm for godly geared, and didn't come close to dying then you should farm the trash mobs, and easy elites, in depths 2 in act 3 or keep farming CotA in act 1, both at MP10.

If you had a rough time clearing that area because of dying or just took way over 2 minutes then a better option will be the following...

First before you start the run lets get your best MP selected. Start with MP0 on any act. Now go get 5NV. If you dropped the elite packs in less than 10 seconds then bump the MP up one and try again. Keep doing this until a tough pack takes maybe 15-20 seconds to kill at the most. This is your "sweet" spot for speed farming.

Now the routes, nothing new here. If you like act 3 then run the standard crater 2, depths 2, rakkis crossing. More of a fan of act 2, or just want a change of venue, run the VotA (vault of the assassins) on act 2. The black canyon mines and road to alcarnus areas are also good spots in act 2.

I've been averaging 4+ leg/set an hour for a long time now using these guidlines. I didn't think any of them up haha. Just been listening to the top players in the game and following their path. I hope this helps. Good luck and have fun!
Reply Quote
03/30/2013 10:30 AMPosted by Corgon
Not that simple guys. 57 key runs + 15 uber MP10 runs. RNG doesn't work that way. There is a law called "probability" and its not possible to flip 500 coins and get heads 500 times.

Uhhh, yes it is mathematically possible.
Reply Quote
03/30/2013 04:14 PMPosted by EGUFF2

Uhhh, yes it is mathematically possible.

I didn't say its not "possible", but there is a huge difference between "possible" and "probable". When multiple people have this problem, the possibilities approach impossible. If the odds of you drawing an Ace of Spades out of a deck are 52-1, and you draw 52 times, you "should" get an ace at least once. If you don't, that's just bad luck. If you draw 60000 times and still don't draw an ace of Spades, that's a "possible" scenario, but the odds of that happening are freakishly ridiculous.
Reply Quote
I understand the rng concept , but why i dont have runs when i find like 7 or 8 legends then , and i`m pl100 ,so 500mf ? And yeah i can boost the average legends from trash mobs, but 99% i get insta brims from them. My best legends after 1.07 are from elites.
Reply Quote
View profile
Darn it, why do I always miss out on the tinfoil hat give away????
Reply Quote
I didn't say its not "possible", but there is a huge difference between "possible" and "probable". When multiple people have this problem, the possibilities approach impossible. If the odds of you drawing an Ace of Spades out of a deck are 52-1, and you draw 52 times, you "should" get an ace at least once. If you don't, that's just bad luck. If you draw 60000 times and still don't draw an ace of Spades, that's a "possible" scenario, but the odds of that happening are freakishly ridiculous.

the odds are 1:52 if you don't shuffle before every draw, now imagine that you shuffle every draw but with 10 decks but only one ace of spades
Reply Quote
You can't do 57 key runs and 15 uber MP10 runs and NOT get at least 1 leg drop. Its just mathematically impossible. There is a bug.

Obviously it's not mathematically impossible since you say you havent gotten a leg drop. An increase to an extreme small % is still a small % for a leg to drop.

*note* you do know what independent variables are right? saying if you draw a card 52 times from a deck you will draw an ace of spades at least once is completely wrong. It's still a 1/52 chance you'll get an ace of spades Unless you leave the card you draw out of the deck.

That's like saying someone will hit the lottery just because no one has won it for awhile. I've seen black come up 30 + times in a row at a roulette table. it's highly improbably but still can happen since the outcome is not dependent on previous outcomes.
Edited by MikeAkaJB#1122 on 3/30/2013 7:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If every person in the US took out a coin and flipped it over and over until it came out heads, chances are at least one person would get 27 tails in a row and would be *convinced* that their specific coin was broken.
Reply Quote
03/30/2013 07:52 PMPosted by Mathadon
If every person in the US took out a coin and flipped it over and over until it came out heads, chances are at least one person would get 27 tails in a row and would be *convinced* that their specific coin was broken.

lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]