Diablo® III

Hellfire ring for p100

After hitting p100 there is no use for the %35 exp bonus on hellfire rings. I suggest there should be an option to craft the ring without it: replacing the exp bonus with an extra (random) slot.

reason of my request: these are the only rings one can craft (and the only level 63 rings in game). yet i don't like that one of the stats is totally wasted

the main purpose of the ring is to give exp bonus. so characters below p100 shouldn't be allowed to wear the ring without it (exp).

to sum it up; i believe it should be like this:

the (p100) ring can be crafted by anyone that is able to craft a normal hellfire ring. yet only p100 characters can wear it. and since it is account bound no one can make one and trade/sell them.

the ingredients shouldn't change too much though. the addition of a single brimstone to craft the "p100 hellfire ring" sounds just to me.
Reply Quote
The Hellfire is generally pretty useless for anything BUT the EXP bonus.

So my question to you is, why would a p100 want to wear a Hellfire ring to begin with?
Reply Quote
nice to make a p100 only version of the ring, but pretty harsh as well. How about a ring that "unlocks" extra stats/mods every 10 levels?
Reply Quote
" these are the only rings one can craft (and the only level 63 rings in game)"
Reply Quote
Totally agree, lets make craftable BiS all over.
Reply Quote
@seamonster
level 63 items have 6 slots. this ring already comes with 1 main stat and 4 randoms. the 6th slot is used for the exp bonus. which is useless on p100 characters. i suggested to change the 6th slot to random as well. just like the level 63 amu.. one main stat with 5 randoms. sounds fair to me.

@Telliks
forgot to mention. i play self-found only. so crafting is a huge deal for me.
Reply Quote
@Telliks
forgot to mention. i play self-found only. so crafting is a huge deal for me.

Fair enough.
Edited by Telliks#1734 on 3/29/2013 5:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't see anything wrong here, you can still get an extremely good ring (avg dmg, main, aps, cd, cc) seems like a pretty solid items if not a best in slot item. The xp is just a bonus on the cake.
Edited by SWAV#1980 on 3/29/2013 5:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@jihn
it took me about 150-160 tries to get a good amulet crafted. it isn't easy to craft something decent. it takes alot of tries and resources. think about it; i spent 150-160 brimstones which were from self-found legendaries (due to my play style) to get an amulet worthwhile. Crafting a very good hellfire ring is much much harder, time consuming. you need to get the organs and kill ubers over and over.. if you compare it to my luck on the amulet (which is very good yet lacks ch) i would need to do 450-480 uber runs on mp10 to get it right. so NO it isn't an easy thing to do! you need a whole lot of luck and bunch of time to get a BiS ring.
Reply Quote
The Hellfire is generally pretty useless for anything BUT the EXP bonus.

So my question to you is, why would a p100 want to wear a Hellfire ring to begin with?

This
Reply Quote
there should be actually an plan for the hellfire where you can make one without the useless fireball and xp bonus, replacing it with CC, CD and/or IAS.
Oh wait, it would be like ANY OTHER RING out there you seek all the time ...

Seriously. They made this fireball on the PTR, doing like 1m damage. And then they nerfed it to 20k

Urgh.

@jihn
it took me about 150-160 tries to get a good amulet crafted. it isn't easy to craft something decent. it takes alot of tries and resources. think about it; i spent 150-160 brimstones which were from self-found legendaries (due to my play style) to get an amulet worthwhile. Crafting a very good hellfire ring is much much harder, time consuming. you need to get the organs and kill ubers over and over.. if you compare it to my luck on the amulet (which is very good yet lacks ch) i would need to do 450-480 uber runs on mp10 to get it right. so NO it isn't an easy thing to do! you need a whole lot of luck and bunch of time to get a BiS ring.

To get a trifecta ring, might "only" take around 100-200 tries. Though one together with vit and all restiances might go to 140 000 tries or something like that. If I remember right. Someone did the math for gloves.

The RNG screws this game big time.
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 3/29/2013 6:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
read the replies i made before posting:

"these are the only rings one can craft (and the only level 63 rings in game)"

"forgot to mention. i play self-found only. so crafting is a huge deal for me."

so please explain THIS.
Reply Quote

You simply grew out of the usefulness of the HF ring on that character.
This happens all the time with gear as we play and the HF ring is no different.

Besides, you have 10 character slots to work with.
Odds are eventually you'll have an alt to play at some point in the future.
Reply Quote
@CrniVuk
one ring needs 3 organs. each uber boss can drop a single organ (%100 rate at MP10).

my luck with the amulet was 150-160 tries. so for me to craft 150-160 rings i would need three times the amount in organs 150x3=450 160x3=480. so i would have to fight 450-480 uber bosses in total to make as many rings as i did for my amulet.

i didn't even care to mention the key runs.

btw i'm pretty good at math.
Reply Quote
A Hellfire Ring without the %exp bonus, but with an extra random slot wouldn't add anything to the game. Replacing the %exp bonus with something that is unique and only useful for plvl 100 sounds a lot better to me. How about 35% MF/GF bonus OVER the 300% cap?
Reply Quote
@babinro

i believe the new crafting system is a great step toward the right direction. and since there is a hellfire ring that can be crafted, probably they won't add another craftable ring into the game. that's why i believe there should be a slight adjustment with hellfire rings for p100's. It's also a decent goal for players to reach p100. a purpose.. because after all that game time the reward (MF and GF bonus) isn't really satisfying.

i do have other characters. my second one is at p78. so i still make rings for him. Asking for a p100 hellfire ring does not mean the normal one is useless. on the contrary it's very useful for leveling up. But once at cap exp one slot is totally wasted. how many p100's did you see using a hellfire ring?

ps: i hate the fireball stat too.
Reply Quote
The hellfire ring was designed to help players progress through the game from level 1 to 60 and upwards to paragon 100.

It offers great stats and helps players have an affordable ring where as most rings on the ah are way overpriced.

Its doing its job and that is helping players.

The hellfire ring is perfect. I wouldn't change it. Its one of the things blizzard has done right with this game.
Edited by chrisbek#1431 on 3/29/2013 6:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@Joren & @Azazel
My request was actually to make a craftable ring. The Hellfire ring was already there so i thought it would be fair to ask for one without the exp. Plus i believe there should be a reason to farm keys and ubers after p100 else than playing for another character.

However if the Dev's see it fit making different types of craftable rings it's totally okay with me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]