Diablo® III

Aesthetically, What Is Your Favorite Armor Set?

Beckon Sail, hands down best looking cloak for DH....maybe even best looking item in the game, really like the Skorn too.
Reply Quote
Tough one.. I like the IK set most I think but it's so common I get tired of seeing it sometimes. I also like the Inna's set but not wild about the color.
On a side note, I really wish the Quetzalcoatl was a top tier mask for the WD. It has a really great look.
Edited by Jackal#1503 on 4/25/2013 8:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Vile Wards
Reply Quote
04/24/2013 07:09 PMPosted by Zbik
I wouldnt know , i never find any worth keeping

LOL

+1, totally agree.
Reply Quote
As a Demon Hunter I'll have to say the most pleasing aesthetic I have is my DPS, I just wish it performed as good as it looks on paper.
Reply Quote
View profile
I actually rather like Tal'Rashas on my wiz with the Vile Ward shoulders and Zuni boots.
Reply Quote
04/24/2013 06:36 PMPosted by Hien
transmog please
that would be awesome!
Reply Quote
Zunimassa's on my WD.
Reply Quote
Nat's set on the female demon hunter.
Reply Quote
I'm currently digging my half-naked female wizard with kerrigan wings look. I wish I could make her nakeder
Reply Quote
Tal Rasha's on the Monk!
Reply Quote
Leg. Sets need to have a visible (and badass looking effect) when the full set is worn.
Give people an incentive to go after the full set other than a pure numbers decision. It would also add some value to the non high-end/good set pieces. (Looking at you IK Mace)
Reply Quote
Tal Armor is almost the best looking one for everyone.

Nat armor is the best for Demon Hunter.

For barbs : Splint, Plate, Stygian, Jazeraint, Battle, Boneweave, Warlord and Archon.

For other classes, I'm not a big fan of what they look except the WD, all of them look cool.
Reply Quote
View profile
How would I know?

The only viable way to actually complete a set is play this game WAY too long .. or just buy them from the AH?

Not really well designed content if a vast majority of players will never even complete a partial set on their own.

(Unlike say .. .oh .. Diablo 2 .. where you can have a few pieces of a set drop for you just during one playthrough of NORMAL difficulty).
Reply Quote
Male barb with depth diggers

adding a pic:
http://i.imgur.com/ys4JE.jpg
Edited by FTK#1833 on 4/25/2013 10:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
My only opinion on this is that I pretty much always vanishing dye the helms. I wanna see my character's face, and some of the helms are just plain awful.

EDIT: Oh, and shoulders too. They are often WAAAAAYYYYY over the top.

P.S.: Why do you have to wait a minute to edit a post? That's stupid. Who spam edits? EVERYONE BE AFRAID, I'M GONNA SPAM YOU WITH EDITS TO MY POST! MUAHAHAHAHA...
Edited by FalconGK81#1833 on 4/25/2013 10:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The Beckonsail Cloak looks great; Natalya's cloak is ok, but the white sleeves are out of place.

Additionally, it would be awesome if us DHs could get a legendary helm as good as Andy's or Mempo but was a plain black hood sort of like, I don't know, the hood she's wearing in almost every single piece of DH game art you have. Those hoods look great, too bad every DH has a horned mess atop his head.
Edited by RedCell#1728 on 4/25/2013 4:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
I think that although the demonic look of the horns on Archon (Barbarian) and Vile Wards (good size etc) are great, I'd love to see more silver armor/ chainmail / Templar Coats / Knight helmets similar to the (Dawnguard Helm) in the Skyrim DLC... I know you all have seen it. This is high fantasy and it needs to get back to it's medieval roots.

New Pieces to ADD with the expansion or future patches... (capes) similar Tyraels and can be simply hanging sashes or something larger such as a full to the floor cape. The capes could be directly linked to your banner icons and colors etc...

I'd like to see the items get back to being full sized again. I brought this up many times in the past, but I think that something was lost in the transition to smaller items and a larger inventory space. With the new changes to items (less drops) I think that having items reflect their real world size is a must. I'd liken it to Halo 4... if anyone has played this, they understand that everyone was given (ranged BR's and DMR's) to start the matches... now, no matter how big or small the map is, it doesn't have a real feeling of scope and size because, people can hit you from across the map thus shrinking the feeling of size and distance) The Diablo 3 items remind me of this. They remove the "weight" they once had and the heft that you felt carrying a lot of objects and replaced it with generic sized baubles that feel nothing like the real counterpart.

Add this back in and then increase stash size by 3 slots (the ones clearly missing)... on top of this, add a new blacksmith pattern for the CUBE OF JORDAN that is tough to get and requires 3 of each Uber part to make, costing 50k similar to the Hellfire Ring and allow people to craft 1 per character. You could even make a new bag slot on your inventory, perhaps down at the bottom, where boxes and bags would fit that you could click on and they would open your "EXTRA" slots off to the left of your inventory.

These are just some ways to make the items that we are undoubtedly going to get in 1.0.9 fun and exciting, as well as "real" again.
Edited by TheOneRaven#1565 on 4/25/2013 11:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Currently, shields look pretty bad with the exception of the Hoplon (the round shield). As it is, most shields are big, bulky, and just plain awkward looking. The Hoplon shield is great because it looks solid with that metallic shine it has, and is fairly compact, something you envision an actual Hoplite taking in to battle.

I would like to see kite shield added that looked very much like the one from D2. I know Blizzard is all about stylism over realism and that's great, but let's not have shields that look like they'll get caught in tree branch 10 feet away.
Reply Quote
View profile
Currently, shields look pretty bad with the exception of the Hoplon (the round shield). As it is, most shields are big, bulky, and just plain awkward looking. The Hoplon shield is great because it looks solid with that metallic shine it has, and is fairly compact, something you envision an actual Hoplite taking in to battle.

I would like to see kite shield added that looked very much like the one from D2. I know Blizzard is all about stylism over realism and that's great, but let's not have shields that look like they'll get caught in tree branch 10 feet away.

This is definitely a place for improvement... the shields in the game are just generic as hell and there don't seem to be many of them... we need NEW models and NEW shields... Heck, you could even have an internal stat system where the spiky type shields always roll thorns and offensive stats, and the smooth ones always roll reflect damage or more defensive stats... form meets function.
Edited by TheOneRaven#1565 on 4/25/2013 11:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]