Diablo® III

slowing effect and sprint

LOL OP so mad and so dumb.15 year old kid ranting on the internet, nothing to see here.What's up breh, bite me. ROFL!!!!

Good job you just gave CMs one more reason to ban you from the forum.
Edited by Kerrigan#1606 on 4/28/2013 6:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/28/2013 05:36 PMPosted by KINGREX
How come Wizards can perma freeze elites? Now thats broken. BRB Perma Freezing MP10 ubers which are suppose to be hard.....BROKEN LETS NERF IT.

I AGREE THEY SHOULD NERF CM WIZARDS...I HATE IT....REMOVES THE NEED FOR ANY OTHER TYPE OF STRATEGY IN THE GAME....AND YES NERF THE BARBS MOVE SPEED IN THE BRAWLING TOO.

it's not a nerf it's a fix.
while CM change you are asking is a nerf.
Big difference
Reply Quote
04/28/2013 05:32 PMPosted by Kerrigan
Read what he said....... He was bragging about him being software/web application developer. So, I told him how to properly brag

I read it. Before I wrote my other post.
Reply Quote

Facepalm.....................
Try sprinting in cold weather. You will be moving faster than when you are walking but, you would be moving slower than when you were sprinting in warm weather.

Vault itself is a special case that really should not be slowed for balance. However, to make things consistant vault have to be slowed.

Hmm, lots of insults in this thread from your side.

But well... I still answer.
This is a video game, and all the skills are as the developers intended them to be for the game. If Sprint is meant to be so powerful to overcome the chilling effects, then it be. Chilling effects could also slow down attack speed, shot arrows, extinguish fire attacks, slow pets etc., but it doesn't do it.
Reply Quote
04/28/2013 06:57 PMPosted by Forelle
This is a video game, and all the skills are as the developers intended them to be for the game. If Sprint is meant to be so powerful to overcome the chilling effects, then it be. Chilling effects could also slow down attack speed, shot arrows, extinguish fire attacks, slow pets etc., but it doesn't do it.

No, actully it's the opposite. A lot of skills in this game were not as the developers intended them to be for the game. A lot of them got nerf, buff, and bug fixed.

Sprint case is clearly a bug. It does not state about it giving immunity to slow effects.
Following the tooltips information and to be consistant with the game mechainics the movement speed reduction effect should be multiplicative to base movement speed and sprint. But, that's is not what is happeninging.

I am gonna stop here cause I already gave enough reasoning on my previous posts to why this sprint ignoring moving speed is ridiculous and must be a bug.
Edited by Kerrigan#1606 on 4/28/2013 7:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
No, actully it's the opposite. A lot of skills in this game were not as the developers intended them to be for the game. A lot of them got nerf, buff, and bug fixed.

Sprint case is clearly a bug. It does not state about it giving immunity to slow effects.
Following the tooltips information and to be consistant with the game mechainics the movement speed reduction effect should be multiplicative to base movement speed and sprint. But, that's is not what is happeninging.

I am gonna stop here cause I already gave enough reasoning on my previous posts to why this sprint ignoring moving speed is ridiculous and must be a bug.

Clearly the bug is the fact that the tooltip doesn't mention the fact sprint gives immunity to slow effects. Tooltip should be updated soon. Thx for bringing that to Blizz's attention.

Sorry dude I don't think it is just tooltip problem. Actully, even if it was tooltip problem, to balance the game they would just change the sprint to be effected by slow effects

or maybe you are being sarcastic on how I worded wrong.
04/28/2013 12:45 PMPosted by kastermaster
I do agree with him though that sprint should be affected by slows.

supporting evidence
Edited by Kerrigan#1606 on 4/28/2013 7:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Neither does the monk's Seven-Sided Strike state that it gives immunity during the attack. And there might be many more things that are not stated in the tooltips, but the skill does. One example is the proc rate of the skills.

So, I asked: How do you know that this is "clearly a bug" and not actually intended?
Reply Quote

Neither does the monk's Seven-Sided Strike state that it gives immunity during the attack. And there might be many more things that are not stated in the tooltips, but the skill does. One example is the proc rate of the skills.

So, I asked: How do you know that this is "clearly a bug" and not actually intended?

"move with blinding speed and strike nearby enemies while being immune to attacks yourself" This is what in game tool tip says about seven sided attacks. LOL Epic fail my friend.

Moreover, even if they didn't have that tool tip it is pretty clear that the skill would give immunity for short period of time just by looking at its animation. In addition, knowing what kind of skill it is(long cooldown ultimate skill) it granting immunity is not a surprise.

Granting immunity to something without properly acknowledging it brings huge confusion to the players while, proc rate does not. Moreover, proc rate is clearly mentioned on the diablo 3 forum game guide section.

The actual proc rate of the skills are not mentioned anywhere because that is something the devs want players to explor and find out themselves. In addition, stating the proc rate on the skill tool tips takes lot of tool tip space and make the tool tip look odd.
Edited by Kerrigan#1606 on 4/28/2013 9:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote

"move with blinding speed and strike nearby enemies while being immune to attacks yourself" This is what in game tool tip says about seven sided attacks. LOL Epic fail my friend.

Yes, you are right. I didn't check my monk in game, but here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/monk/active/sevensided-strike
It should say the same, but clearly doesn't.

04/28/2013 09:07 PMPosted by Kerrigan
Moreover, even if they didn't have that tool tip it is pretty clear that the skill would give immunity for short period of time just by looking at its animation.

Well, the same should happen with Sprint. How is a barb sprinting slowly (with that speed animation behind him)?

04/28/2013 09:07 PMPosted by Kerrigan
In addition, stating the proc rate on the skill tool tips takes lot of tool tip space and make the tool tip look odd.

True, and I agree, not all information is included in the tool tips. That is my point.
Reply Quote
Long story, short. You want to Nerf it, another for the Barbarians?
If non-Barbarian users are so jealous about the Barbarian's abilities then protest that the class Barbarian be removed from D3

it's not a nerf is it really? sprint doesn't say prevent from getting chilled, most likely a bug.
Reply Quote
04/28/2013 09:16 PMPosted by Forelle
Well, the same should happen with Sprint. How is a barb sprinting slowly (with that speed animation behind him)?

Sprint speed animation can be removed if barb is running slowly. Seven sided attack has to grant immunity otherwise the skill would stop while casting seven sided attack which would be very odd.

To add more, wizard's storm armor scramble rune grants +12% movement speed for 3 second on hit. This buff has same animation as sprint but, it only gives 12% movement speed. Even when wizard has base movement speed of 0% from item this +12% movement speed buff adds cool animtion. This tells us that sprint animation is only there to tell the player that speed buff is on, but to tell the character is moving at fast speed.

04/28/2013 09:16 PMPosted by Forelle
True, and I agree, not all information is included in the tool tips. That is my point
stating proc rate is 0.0125 is very different from stating grants immunity to CC. Also, granting immunity can be stated on the skil itself while, proc rate need to be stated on each runes.
Edited by Kerrigan#1606 on 4/28/2013 10:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/28/2013 10:17 AMPosted by Kerrigan
How come sprint gives immunity to movement speed reduction effects such as chilling? This is ridicuous if it is intended. Wizard's only way to survive from melee character is by slowing enemy but, barb can just click a button, which can be casted almost infite time, and ignore all slowing effects LOL

another kid cry about barb. Haizz this game is full of kids. I thought must be 18+ to play this game. Go away and play candy crush or farmville
Reply Quote
04/28/2013 11:46 PMPosted by SoulHunter
How come sprint gives immunity to movement speed reduction effects such as chilling? This is ridicuous if it is intended. Wizard's only way to survive from melee character is by slowing enemy but, barb can just click a button, which can be casted almost infite time, and ignore all slowing effects LOL

another kid cry about barb. Haizz this game is full of kids. I thought must be 18+ to play this game. Go away and play candy crush or farmville

Good job you gave CM one more reason to ban you from the forum.
Reply Quote
Seems like no one can properly defend sprint ignoring slows
Reply Quote
OP is obvious troll

0/10 to him and

0/10 to the idiots feeding this obvious troll

HOW TO DEAL WITH TROLLS: report them, ignore them, move on
Reply Quote
LOL OP so mad and so dumb.

15 year old kid ranting on the internet, nothing to see here.

What's up breh, bite me.

ROFL!!!!

04/28/2013 11:46 PMPosted by SoulHunter

OP is obvious troll

0/10 to him and

0/10 to the idiots feeding this obvious troll

HOW TO DEAL WITH TROLLS: report them, ignore them, move on

You know what is common between these posters? They are all barbs. This tells me something about barb player demographic.
Edited by Kerrigan#1606 on 4/29/2013 1:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
We need to ban people like those three poster from the forum instead of banning people who use derogatory terms
Reply Quote
04/29/2013 06:17 AMPosted by Kerrigan

Good job you gave CM one more reason to ban you from the forum.

Is that all you can say ? quit the game then come back when you reach 18th birthday.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]