Diablo® III

You can't just "buff everyone else"

most of the barbs who are crying rivers worth of tears now were cheering back when Blizz nerfed DHs into oblivion. actually, most of them requested that nerfs

B.S. btw.

you just made this up.
Reply Quote
View profile
Skills do not exist in a vacuum, every skill affects everything else. Even WOTB itself is only too powerful because of several skills that make it 100% uptime, remove any one of those and it's broken.

I agree with you, but I only disagree with one point. That is the portion that I underlined. I say that all Blizz has to do in order to make WotB work as intended is to change WotB to where it is a 30 second buff and change ToC to where it extends it buff to 60 seconds. Doing that will mean it will be a buff that last for a little while but will not be up 100% of the time.

If you were to change other skills that make it possible instead of changing the skill itself along with it's rune. Then you run the chances of ruining other builds that are not OP'd.
Reply Quote
04/26/2013 02:02 PMPosted by mikeab7925

Which point is that? That nerfing someone's favorite build makes them wonder why other powerful builds arent also under the nerf gun?

no, these
04/26/2013 01:16 PMPosted by mikeab7925
ya it's so funny how people want everything buffed to match their EZ-MODE WotB barbs.

04/26/2013 01:16 PMPosted by mikeab7925
nerfs are needed. learn to play the game instead of relying on exploits to give yourself a false sense of self accomplishment.

also most hated the barb til we received some over buffs, then the "you mad bro, roll a barb" started. now your to used to sucking on mommies !@#$%^s to "L2P".

You consider skills doing EXACTLY what their description says they do an exploit? No, now tell me how you really feel.

As the game progresses all characters will gear up to "ez mode" cheaply. That doesn't change that undergeared is undergeared. You can gear to live in high mp easily if you want to take forever to kill anything. You can gear for 250k dps easily and cheaply with any class. To have the balance gets more expensive but is constantly falling, as is the nature of the economy in the game. When I built for ww in 1.03 the gear was very expensive, and the build wasnt very good until I geared up. Better gear solves a lot of problems.

The "roll a barb" crowd are trolls and take pleasure in taunting others. I dont know why people bring these people into the conversation all the time. They are the same people that pull the L2P crap.... Get your feelings hurt on the internet? They would troll regardless of what class they play.
Reply Quote
View profile
Nerf the barbs, and nerf them good.
+50% damage received, -50% Damage dealt. STR doesnt add to barbs armor, it gives them magical fairy dust to throw at things.
All crit chance is halved for barbs only.
No IAS
AR is capped for barbs at 300.

On top of all that, there needs to be something else that stops barbs from dominating MP10 also.... Just can't think of it.....
Reply Quote
Nerf the barbs, and nerf them good.
+50% damage received, -50% Damage dealt. STR doesnt add to barbs armor, it gives them magical fairy dust to throw at things.
All crit chance is halved for barbs only.
No IAS
AR is capped for barbs at 300.

On top of all that, there needs to be something else that stops barbs from dominating MP10 also.... Just can't think of it.....

Blizz ahould have just created 5 different versions of this game then like pokemon diamond/perl.
They can use the profit from the Barb and Wiz games to pay for the DH, and WD losses.

so dumb
Reply Quote

Balance is the funny joke everyone uses as the reason this MUST get done.
Last night I read in LFG and General MULTIPLE players requesting high DPS WW Barbs and CM Wiz for help in uber runs (why the heck ANYONE still runs these is beyond me) but not one call for a DH, WD or Monk of any build type. And yet everyone wants those removed. When was the last time you saw a post where players were asking for DH's to join thier run? I see players looking for WW and CM only, and quite often.

This is hilarious, I know you were trying to say that people like having these in their groups and so nerfing them would be bad for everyone, but you just showed a VERY good reason why we need game balance. Who would want to group with a DH when you can have a WW Barb?

If the classes were balanced, you'd see calls in LFG for high DPS anybody, not just WW Barbs or CM Wizards.
Reply Quote

also the highest dps in this game are actually ranged classes

thats 광개토대왕 barb 483,199.22 unbuffed dps ranked place 67 in the world
ranking is pretty much dominated by DH's wizd WD's and monks

Really? You're going to sheet DPS now? This just gets more and more comical.
Reply Quote
04/26/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Prology
most of the barbs who are crying rivers worth of tears now were cheering back when Blizz nerfed DHs into oblivion. actually, most of them requested that nerfs

B.S. btw.

you just made this up.
actually no thats 100% true
Reply Quote

Really? You're going to sheet DPS now? This just gets more and more comical.

so tell my why would you bring a barb to the party if your dh is doing way more dmg ? CM wiz is obvious but barb ? there is no reason to bring a barb because other classes out DPS then just sayin but keep living in your small world where barbs are the true prime evil
i gotta set this guy to ignore for this comment. That's just flat out retarded this nincompoop doesn't even know what eDPS is.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
You're missing the point of bringing the rest of the classes up to snuff, and that is to get them to be viable and a choice instead of being a foregone conclusion that they're underperforming. The classes can be made powerful without making them OP, and if coupled with changes to the monster affixes can make for a balanced game. Remember, changing affix behavior means we can be rid of CC immunity and the like.

I can respond in more detail when I get home and am not typing on my Note 2.
Edited by TheTias#1192 on 4/26/2013 7:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
at this rate and logic, the line will go down to where magic missile will be called for nerf.
Reply Quote
You're missing the point of bringing the rest of the classes up to snuff, and that is to get them to be viable and a choice instead of being a foregone conclusion that they're underperforming. The classes can be made powerful without making them OP, and if coupled with changes to the monster affixes can make for a balanced game. Remember, changing affix behavior means we can be rid of CC immunity and the like.

I can respond in more detail when I get home and am not typing on my Note 2.

+1

classes get balanced/nerfed every now and then. Some classes more than others. When its your turn for the nerf just do like what people who didn't quit do, adapt and move on.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
O really op you non smart person?

The monk was buffed last patch, and the wizard/dh is getting buffed this patch. 100000$ says something will always be buffed on d3's future patches. So your op is invalid. Some buffs might be weak, but most are pretty good.

LEAVE WOTB THE WAY IT IS. YOU DON'T FIX WHAT PEOPLE ARE ENJOYING ATM.
Reply Quote
04/26/2013 01:22 PMPosted by koji
also i want WD's not be able to keep their pets up 100% of the time and increase their mana cost even further

Seriously..... most people here do not know what it is like to play a WD.

VQ nerf good for the class? Nope. The new VQ is ZD and that's broken as hell. IF you have billions in the bank and can afford it that is.

I think if anything needs a nerf let's change Wrath into a deployable shrine like BBVD. Let's make the wizard have an Archon shrine too. See how retarded that is?

Everyone needs a "uber" buff that increases 1 second per kill (that moves with the player) or no one should have one. The two classes that have a mobile buff are amazing and the other three are subpar (monk) to terrible (DH/WD).

The easy hotfix to make barbs cry is remove all immunities from Wrath and easy farm mode vanished. Couple that with preventing the cooldown from recharging while it is active and you have barbs becoming wizards or monks in mass exodus (remember when the DH all did that?).

Or yea.... you can make the classes relatively equal by watering down the barbarian by making everyone else have something just about as awesome.
Edited by Glythe#1586 on 4/27/2013 2:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The real question is:

Why the F*CK are we nerfing a ARPG, this is NOT a MMO.

but then again, we have cooldowns.
Reply Quote
I'm having a lot of fun playing a barb through HC right now, and have a 60/40 something on SC... my god is it ever truly hilarious how hard barbs are crying about this possible someday nerf. Huge bunch of babies lmao, you didn't see any serious monk complaints about the sweeping wind snapshot nerf. HOW TASTE YOUR TEARS
Reply Quote
Very good Thread OP. This makes Drothvader look like a nobody who knows nothing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]