Diablo® III

You can't just "buff everyone else"

Nerf them good! !

Make it so barbs can't use any weapon over level 45, that will really help your class succeed.

Just remove WOTB from the game, and make call of the ancients attack of the oompa loompas, that should help with your classes survival in the higher mps.

While we are at it, cap the barbs aps at .5, then you will be able to facetank mp10 like a boss.

Really what everyone should be doing is thinking of ways to improve your own class, seems everyone thinks that reducing one skills viability will somehow make your class better.

I just hope they nerf it soon, cause I want to see how your class gets better.

It doesn't make other classes directly better. Absolutely nobody argues that. What it does is bring everyone to a more even playing field, and fixes an absurdly overpowered rune on an otherwise cool skill. Barbs still are able to use fury spenders to generate fury. They can still run extremely fast, and damage mobs by running away. They can still no clip through hordes of mobs while damaging them. They will still have the most absurdly good passives, offensive skills, and buffs in the game. Even if they lose 100% godly easymode, they're still an extremely strong class and likely the best.
Reply Quote
To all those asking for buffs...

Name one game where the fix for an overpowered item/player/game/mechanic was to buff up everything/everyone else.
Reply Quote
Thanks OP, I like to see sane people in these forums. Nerfs need to happen, the game cant just become super ez mode by buffing everyone up to barbs level. Barb is broken, CC immunity IMO is the big offender here. Reduce the CC to 30% reduction or something. Still allow barbs to break CC when activating WotB though.
Reply Quote
Bump for complete unreadability.

Have no idea what OP was talking about.
Reply Quote
Witch doctors need a mana on crit system to make some builds viable, DH's could use a dps buff to feel important when playing in parties/high mp.

Things like that are not overkill and would not be difficult to implement. If they were put into the game then people would stop whining about other classes until the next "most efficient" build/class comes along. The problem with having multiple classes in a game where items are potentially worth "money" (even though people could just get a real job).

Is - When someone does something better than you.. You cry foul.

There is no pvp and all the game consists of is lame pve farming in the exact same spots so of course people are going to dislike when another class "does it better"

The only argument that pisses me off is when people say low geared barbs/cms can survive mp10.. sure they can, but if it takes you ten minutes to kill a pack of elites then you are no more efficient than any other class and should be running a low mp because you aren't gaining anything by doing so.
Reply Quote
You made some awful points. Let me enlighten you.

The game is the same on HC as SC. Therefore it is no harder or easier. Also you compared a build or play style to blizzards poor choice to make HC online only thus relying on a server and your personal internet connection.

The way your statement read it is my choice to have lag or that WW barbs have no choice, but to WW? I know that was not your point, but you should try to compare like things. In your statement you compared and build choice (user controlled) to Lag (beyond user control).

Someone wasn't on their HS debate team or just can't clearly articulate their thoughts.

Again thanks for playing and the laughs

It seems as though you didn't understand my point so I'll make it clearer.

People who play barbs find it preferable to playing weaker/more poorly designed classes.

You choose to play softcore because you find it preferable to playing a frustrating death trap.

The point made with that comparison is about the presence of a preference. Nothing more.

Hardcore is objectively harder as there is an added limitation in the game. Hence softcore is easy mode.

You play softcore.

Therefor you play easy mode.

You make fun of people who play barbs because it is easy mode.

You are making fun of people for something that you yourself do.

Hence hypocrisy.

Edit: Also, if you would say that the two are not comparable I would ask you to explain why that is.
Edited by Eratosthenes#1858 on 4/27/2013 8:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Bump for unreadability.

Actually read some comments and people are responding as though they understand OP. Is there something huge that I am missing? What does OP mean. I don't know where OP is coming from, what argument they are making, or the context of the argument. Seems to focus on barbarians, but barbarians hardly ever use their group-buffs because they like to run around by themselves anyway. So OP isn't saying anything about buffs. Are they talking about development decisions? None that have happened at least...

Is it possible that there are people that are so paranoid that they feel indignant about barbarian's abilities? Surely outside of the forum trolling, there is not a significant amount of people who have strong negative feelings about another class to this degree. Sure, I think that most Barbarians are rude, half-awake charlatans that barely communicate, buy a ton of overpriced gear and run in the opposite direction of the group they join, but nothing has given me any reason to envy them. Without WOTB, barbarians would definitely be the worst class in diablo 3. Currently, classes seem somewhat balanced with a possible exception of solo DH play. I still don't understand DHs. Why do I need to stand near a turret? Turrets just don't seem like a defensive structure to me.
Reply Quote
Witch doctors need a mana on crit system to make some builds viable, DH's could use a dps buff to feel important when playing in parties/high mp.

Things like that are not overkill and would not be difficult to implement. If they were put into the game then people would stop whining about other classes until the next "most efficient" build/class comes along. The problem with having multiple classes in a game where items are potentially worth "money" (even though people could just get a real job).

Is - When someone does something better than you.. You cry foul.

There is no pvp and all the game consists of is lame pve farming in the exact same spots so of course people are going to dislike when another class "does it better"

The only argument that pisses me off is when people say low geared barbs/cms can survive mp10.. sure they can, but if it takes you ten minutes to kill a pack of elites then you are no more efficient than any other class and should be running a low mp because you aren't gaining anything by doing so.

Good thing killing elites is not what mp10 farming is about. I kill elites on my monk because I have the DPS to do it quickly, but even then it's still a waste of time (if you aren't going for DEs.) The reason to farm mp10 is legendary drops and huge exp off white mobs. Cheaply geared barbs do this extremely easily, and to a lesser extent CM.

You made some awful points. Let me enlighten you.

The game is the same on HC as SC. Therefore it is no harder or easier. Also you compared a build or play style to blizzards poor choice to make HC online only thus relying on a server and your personal internet connection.

The way your statement read it is my choice to have lag or that WW barbs have no choice, but to WW? I know that was not your point, but you should try to compare like things. In your statement you compared and build choice (user controlled) to Lag (beyond user control).

Someone wasn't on their HS debate team or just can't clearly articulate their thoughts.

Again thanks for playing and the laughs

It seems as though you didn't understand my point so I'll make it clearer.

People who play barbs find it preferable to playing weaker/more poorly designed classes.

You choose to play softcore because you find it preferable to playing a frustrating death trap.

The point made with that comparison is about the presence of a preference. Nothing more.

Hardcore is objectively harder as there is an added limitation in the game. Hence softcore is easy mode.

You play softcore.

Therefor you play easy mode.

You make fun of people who play barbs because it is easy mode.

You are making fun of people for something that you yourself do.

Hence hypocrisy.

Edit: Also, if you would say that the two are not comparable I would ask you to explain why that is.

That's not hypocrisy at all. It's obviously in the context of SC. Hardcore is an entirely different game mode. Gearing and builds differ greatly between the two, because farming in near glass cannon mode like basically everyone in SC does is not at all worth the risk of dying in HC. He would be hypocritical if he was playing an overpowered character on par with WoTB+ToC, however of course no such thing exists in diablo 3 at the moment, which is exactly why it's considered easy mode even compared to CM wiz haha.
Reply Quote
04/26/2013 02:01 PMPosted by Prology
Do you honestly believe that if Wrath and Archon get nerfed then everyone will suddenly go "Whew! Now THAT is balance. No, next most powerful thing will need to be nerfed, and on down the line, same as if you buff everyone else.

Darkangel is right, what will the babies cry about next?

first inferno is too hard. <-- nerf
next inferno gets nerfed, babies cry about reflect damage <-- fixed
right after relect gets nerfed, babies cry about (what are you crying about now, molten?)

Same with the classes. I don't even use perma wrath but people need to quit calling to nerf other classes (or even your own class if you're that dumb). It's so easy to just not use the build and let it exist, it does no harm.

Balance is the funny joke everyone uses as the reason this MUST get done.
Last night I read in LFG and General MULTIPLE players requesting high DPS WW Barbs and CM Wiz for help in uber runs (why the heck ANYONE still runs these is beyond me) but not one call for a DH, WD or Monk of any build type. And yet everyone wants those removed. When was the last time you saw a post where players were asking for DH's to join thier run? I see players looking for WW and CM only, and quite often.

Fix the others, quit messing with the most popular builds, they are popular for a reason and nerfing them will not force player to accept another lesser builds, it will force them to quit playing this game.

My favorite elite affix was removed because of this cycle... Invulnerable Minions.

RIP
Reply Quote
Bump for unreadability.

Actually read some comments and people are responding as though they understand OP. Is there something huge that I am missing? What does OP mean. I don't know where OP is coming from, what argument they are making, or the context of the argument. Seems to focus on barbarians, but barbarians hardly ever use their group-buffs because they like to run around by themselves anyway. So OP isn't saying anything about buffs. Are they talking about development decisions? None that have happened at least...

Is it possible that there are people that are so paranoid that they feel indignant about barbarian's abilities? Surely outside of the forum trolling, there is not a significant amount of people who have strong negative feelings about another class to this degree. Sure, I think that most Barbarians are rude, half-awake charlatans that barely communicate, buy a ton of overpriced gear and run in the opposite direction of the group they join, but nothing has given me any reason to envy them. Without WOTB, barbarians would definitely be the worst class in diablo 3. Currently, classes seem somewhat balanced with a possible exception of solo DH play. I still don't understand DHs. Why do I need to stand near a turret? Turrets just don't seem like a defensive structure to me.

Basically the OP is saying that if other classes were buffed to WoTB+ToC level of over poweredness, then the game would be radically easier overall, and making all the changes necessary would take up HUGE dev time. It makes way more sense to nerf WoTB+ToC than make everything on its level haha.

Also if you think barbs without WoTB+ToC still aren't a top tier class, you either don't understand barbarians or you don't understand other classes. Barbs are incredibly strong contenders by the nature of their design, skills, and passives. The problem is that WoTB+ToC allows otherwise undergeared and/or underskilled barbs to artificially be able to do higher MPs than their gear/skill by itself allows them. A well geared barb will still destroy MP10. A decently geared barb will still be able to handle mp10. A (relatively) lower geared barb will still be able to farm mp10 whites, just not in their sleep as they currently can.
Reply Quote
04/27/2013 08:38 AMPosted by Rooder
Gearing and builds differ greatly between the two, because farming in near glass cannon mode like basically everyone in SC does is not at all worth the risk of dying in HC.

So HC is harder... The game may have the same structure but ultimately the added limitation of not being able to revive and having to conform to stricter play styles would make it fit the description of "Harder".
Reply Quote
04/27/2013 08:50 AMPosted by Eratosthenes
Gearing and builds differ greatly between the two, because farming in near glass cannon mode like basically everyone in SC does is not at all worth the risk of dying in HC.

So HC is harder... The game may have the same structure but ultimately the added limitation of not being able to revive and having to conform to stricter play styles would make it fit the description of "Harder".

Yes, but that's besides the point. Of course SC is easier compared to HC. And yet even within the easier mode, barbs still have by far the easiest time. Your argument is like saying it's hypocritical to call barbs easy mode because you aren't a starving child in africa, which is most definitely a harder existence than some dude playing diablo 3.
Reply Quote
04/27/2013 08:55 AMPosted by Rooder
Yes, but that's besides the point. Of course SC is easier compared to HC. And yet even within the easier mode, barbs still have by far the easiest time. Your argument is like saying it's hypocritical to call barbs easy mode because you aren't a starving child in africa, which is most definitely a harder existence than some dude playing diablo 3.

I'm not saying it's hypocritical to call barbs easy mode. I'm saying that it's hypocritical to make fun of people for not playing the hardest mode in one way(Barbs) when you are not playing hardest mode in another way(Softcore).
Edited by Eratosthenes#1858 on 4/27/2013 9:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/27/2013 08:58 AMPosted by Eratosthenes

I'm not saying it's hypocritical to call barbs easy mode. I'm saying that it's hypocritical to make fun of people who play easy mode in one way(Barbs) when you are playing easy mode in another way(Softcore).

That's still not hypocritical though haha. If a guy in minor league baseball called out a dude who had an incredibly powerful bionic arm that he used to pitch, saying he was using easymode, it's not hypocritical because the guy making fun is not playing in a league that has you shot out of a cannon into a wall of spikes if you strike out or whatever lol.
Reply Quote
barbs without wotb are not 'a top-tier class'

damage doesn't do anything if you are frozen
Reply Quote
barbs without wotb are not 'a top-tier class'

damage doesn't do anything if you are frozen

Their skills are inherently better than other classes. Other classes are not CC immune. Ergo, we can say they would remain top tier, because they'd be competing at the same level as everyone else yet still have better damage and mobility than other classes at equal gear levels.
Reply Quote
View profile
The horrors of an imbalance in PVE.
Reply Quote
View profile
OP got a Rush of Essence, he became the Spirit Vessel and Pierced through the Veil, the mindset "buff everyone else"!
Reply Quote
04/27/2013 09:04 AMPosted by Rooder
That's still not hypocritical though haha. If a guy in minor league baseball called out a dude who had an incredibly powerful bionic arm that he used to pitch, saying he was using easymode, it's not hypocritical because the guy making fun is not playing in a league that has you shot out of a cannon into a wall of spikes if you strike out or whatever lol.

The thing is... That is hypocrisy. It wouldn't be hypocrisy to say "You have an unfair advantage over the players in your league" but when it's a matter of choosing the easier path, it is.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]