Diablo® III

What exactly do the devs accomplish in one work week?

(Locked)

6 bottles of JD and 4 bottles of vodka. Smoke an ounce. The future of D3 is already done and created just stashed away to give to you over the next 5 years. The devs slowly ate all underling to save of food costs via cannabilism and are slowly reaping all the rewards by beating 3 box office video games a month as work.
It takes a long time money and break servers.
From reading between the lines from interviews from the devs in both d3 and wow, basically the devs have meetings for EVERYTHING, to hash out EVERYTHING, and those kind of groupthink sessions have to come to a complete agreement to make them move on anything. Timekiller if I have seen one.

Its probably a workflow of test> MEETING! >new test >MEETING! > Yell at CM to put something online > MEETING!!!!
Reminder that for all intents and purposes blizzard meetings are an Entmoot
What do they do ?

They polish conole version for release and create some cool items and features to sell as DLC for Dollarz.

No Rmah on console mean that they need to find another way to milk players with this Diablo3 Alpha.

Hopefully Diablo 3 Beta will start this summer on PC !
Edited by Shin#1720 on 4/29/2013 12:10 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Hunter
From reading between the lines from interviews from the devs in both d3 and wow, basically the devs have meetings for EVERYTHING, to hash out EVERYTHING, and those kind of groupthink sessions have to come to a complete agreement to make them move on anything. Timekiller if I have seen one.

Its probably a workflow of test> MEETING! >new test >MEETING! > Yell at CM to put something online > MEETING!!!!

Lol, this is probably true. And as Lylirra once said, the meetings all have white boards, with postits even.
edit... for some reason these stupid forums are posting my responses from one thread into other threads... so disregard....
Edited by Masokyst#1584 on 4/29/2013 12:46 PM PDT
View profile
So then in order for them to be truly working hard they have to be pooping out patches at light speed. You have to see a sea of posts telling us everything. Where we are treated like a dev and we are there with them in their meetings.

I would say that they are working hard at making this game better. What they are doing is they are meeting with the CM's that take our concerns to the devs. Then the devs sit down and discuss ways that they can improve the game. Also they are no doubt working on the current patch. But they are also working on the next two to three patches. Along with possibly an expansion as well. So there is a lot on their plate.

Yep I'd have to say that blizzard is probably the slowest company ever when it comes to game development and you would think their games would be like the best because of it but this is hardly the case.

I spent sometime watching Marvel Hero's this weekend on twitch and id have to say that although I may not quit D3 completely I wont be playing it near as much. Marvel Hero's is easily with out a doubt a better quality game and took less than half the time to complete compared to most Blizzard games.

I mean seriously what is the point of playing D3? It has absolutely no re playability what so ever, why? because the loot in this game is absolute s h i t. I've been playing D3 since beta nearly every day for 6-12 hours a day and only gotten 1 item that was worth a couple billion, some ppl have farmed more than me and got nothing, this game has to much work involved with little or no reward.

So whats the point in continuing to play it, wait for itemization patch?, i guess but that probably wont happen for months too because as I said blizzard is so damn slow. I think I'll have more fun with less BS playing Marvel Hero's. I highly recommend you check out the live stream's of it, I think you will be impressed.

So you expected to see it rain gear that is worth billions of gold. News flash if it did that then that gear would not be worth billions of gold. They take their time to polish the patch. Then they can release a patch that is not only a patch that has the best chances of solving the problem. But one that is as bug free as humanly possible.
ROFL now we know what they do : They work on forum's icons.
100 Night Elf Hunter
Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDOg-yWAUqw

About the four minute mark.

And other Blizz meetings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH9i8iiMQcI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNKHFaV9ewg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0zWEcpLoHU
04/29/2013 08:44 AMPosted by Garthandal
You brought this lack of communication on yourself by being you. Good job. Failures.

It must be the fault of forum trolls that they only work one day a week.
And that it took a year to get ID all, PVP is not even "on the table", itemization is linear and boring, there is no character progression or customization, exploits still being found, botters and gold spammers. Yep all the fault of the forum trolls.

It didn't take a year to get ID all.

They didn't want it in at all in the beginning.

If you think exploits aren't always found even in games that update every single week, well, there's no helping you, and I'm surprised you haven't managed to get hit by a bus yet.
id say its the fact that CEO needs to make 64 million dollars this year how can he make that if they actually have to hire or pay more people to work on this or any game......
i mean how are you suppose to live on less than 65 million dollars impossible.. although i know ppl that would have to work for 2 centuries and mind you alot harder to make less than 10% of that ......
its a very sad joke
They're most likely working on the expansion.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they were doing prelim work on itemisation. Aren't they fixing that in 1.9? I'm not sure - I've been out of the loop... But that would be a big, BIG patch.
Edited by Eclipse#1391 on 4/29/2013 1:28 PM PDT
It takes that long to try an find any logic or sense in the trash posted here. Then they need to find any that are actually reasonable.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]