Diablo® III

Easy Auction house fix that isn't removing it.

Relisting wouldn't incur a reseller's tax, if that is what you are concerned with.
Reply Quote
lol at this being a 'simple' fix

that idea is convoluted and ridiculous sorry
Reply Quote
I can't think of any blaring reasons why this is a terrible idea, but then, I don't play auction house tycoon.
- Personally I prefer the idea of having a "no AH" mode to play, that would function much like Hardcore does. Toggle in character creation screen, separate from others who haven't toggled etc..

Lots of people talking about others potentially being scammed if the AH were to no longer be viable..
When did we start catering to people who aren't smart enough to look after their own pixels?..

Better to use different forums to get decent feedback on an idea, retards will just smother anything you suggest in stupid..

Edited for kindness
Edited by Senio#1624 on 4/28/2013 6:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Have to jump over a few trolls and A$$hats and hopefully after enough hoop jumping some decent people come in and get introduced. I am glad that they are helping keep the post alive with their negative comments.
Reply Quote
04/28/2013 05:41 PMPosted by Cinic
What would you guys do without the AH? spam trade, post in forums to sell your stuff, no one is forcing you to go to 3rd party sites that's your choice. They added the AH as way to protect players from those third party sites. If your having to repost your items dozen of times, then maybe they arnt as valuable as you think? or there are just too many items on the ah for people to find yours. This type of option make players think before they post an item so that way they just dont keep posting on the ah until it gets sold. It helps reduce the clutter on the AH.

Can be a lot of factors affecting the outcome on why it isn't sold. For example, I once put an EF for auction.. It remain unsold until the fourth time I put it up. I did not lower the price btw. So I really do not have any ideas on the exact factors that affect the sale but I will say mainly due to luck maybe?

As for the alternatives? what would you do if there wasn't an ah to begin with?

A trading post will be cool. Someone mentioned about this idea somewhere.
Edited by Panda#11662 on 4/28/2013 6:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@ panda. I will agree that there are a lot of factors as to why things don't get sold, but I have found my self going through pages of the same item comparing stats and prices in hopes I would find that ideal item. My suggestion ( Atleast I think) may help with reducing the amount of garbage items on the ah ( not saying yours are)

Edit: By having people forced to trade instead of just leaving their stuff on the AH I can see a community trading post being developed in need.
Edited by Cinic#1831 on 4/28/2013 6:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/28/2013 06:07 PMPosted by Cinic
Have to jump over a few trolls and A$$hats and hopefully after enough hoop jumping some decent people come in and get introduced. I am glad that they are helping keep the post alive with their negative comments.

Everyone says it's a bad idea, because it is.
Why does the Auction House [An optional tool in the game, that provides a useful service] upset you so much? Does it affect you in any way? No.
The only clear reason for you to post this horrible idea is that you are "butthurt" over the prices on the Auction House and want them lowered. Correct?

lol at this being a 'simple' fix

that idea is convoluted and ridiculous sorry

04/28/2013 04:12 PMPosted by DOWNFALL
You say its spam and think the idea is dumb but not one of you has given a good reason as to why this is not a good idea.

yeah we did. you just decided it was a dumb reason. just as we all decided you "good idea" was a dumb one.

04/28/2013 03:29 PMPosted by Trakof
Beyond stupid.

04/28/2013 03:30 PMPosted by Calex
Dumb

just all types of stupid
Reply Quote
@juicyfer its upsetting because the useful service that is the AH has been manipulated in a way that it is only useful to a select few instead of the majority. People drive up prices through flipping and inflating the value of an item beyond what it really is. causing other people to post their found items at high prices to try and compete and the good items get bought and flipped for even high prices.

The people you quoted have no argument what so ever. and would you please elaborate constructively on how the AH's current state is useful to everyone and not just a select few?
Reply Quote
Your complaint shouldn't be directed at the Auction House, but at the Bots that buyout items that are listed below a certain price (with certain stats) and re=posted seconds later.
Botting is a problem and Blizz needs to fix it =(
This is most commonly done with "High end" items and gems.

The Trade Post is a nice idea but there are forums for that =p.
Reply Quote
The Auction house is the tool the botters use, there is no point in directing it at them if all they are doing is taking advantage, If they get banned they will just buy another account. instead i'll target the tool they use. who knows if a trading forum developes out of this, than it might be a win for us. and those botters that that flip may end up with a bunch of items they cant use to re sell on the ah due to too high of prices that the majority can't afford.
Reply Quote
Honestly I think the simplest way to accomplish what you're talking about would be to have items sold in the auction house bind on purchase. They would be forever out of the Diablo 3 economy and flipping would die an instant fiery death. Of course no one in the community would ever want that to happen so it doesn't really matter.
Reply Quote
it is a good idea, but items in D3 change quite fast that its original worth to you may not have lasted as long as you intended and if the item is bound to you its an investment that you cant really recoup from even if it is minor, aside from vendor/salvage. but still it is a step in the right direction. The AH is supposed to be an option for players not the primary go to place for loot or gear. We are suppose to grind elites/rares and bosses for loot not the AH.
Reply Quote
bad idea..
Reply Quote
@Dino bad idea? for who? most of the people who say it is really don't have an explanation.
Reply Quote
Bad Idea OP and you should feel bad.
Reply Quote
most idea ever, imagine i find a good item, me, the "stupid" player who plays as it is supposed to , just kill demons and expect for something good to drop, and i do not sell it because WHO THE FCK KNOWS WHY!??!?!? servers down, the right person didnt see it, or maybe a lot of "right people" could not see it because they dont know how to browse, or maybe the person who wanted it didndt have the gold at the time... again, most stupid idea ever!

also

FLIPPERS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM! FCKING BOTTERS ARE!
Edited by Orbister#2187 on 4/28/2013 8:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/28/2013 03:31 PMPosted by Cinic
how so ? or is there no logic behind your answers.

ROFL
Did you provide 'logic' to support destroying other ppl's stuff in the first place?

Edit: also, did you provide 'logic' why you want to kill off flippers in the first place?

And you said others did not provide logic when they said you are stupid. LOL

Seriously...get some common sense first..before you think you are smarter than the rest.

It's gonna be sad if you are not a troll.
Edited by Contra#6857 on 4/28/2013 8:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
it is a good idea, but items in D3 change quite fast that its original worth to you may not have lasted as long as you intended and if the item is bound to you its an investment that you cant really recoup from even if it is minor, aside from vendor/salvage. but still it is a step in the right direction. The AH is supposed to be an option for players not the primary go to place for loot or gear. We are suppose to grind elites/rares and bosses for loot not the AH.

And yet you chose to start a topic about changing the AH to specifically target people who flip items, yeah this thread is so full of fail. Please tell me how this would help with the second underlined sentence?

Why don't you ask a CM to delete this thread, and start a new one about how playing self found or grinding for gear and not flipping the AH leaves you with a completely gimped character compared to people who play the AH game...
Reply Quote
obvious troll: please stop bumping your own posts.

a self-bump is never in good taste.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]