Diablo® III

Easy Auction house fix that isn't removing it.

OP has no right to talk about this game. Hasn't even hit paragon 10 with a single character. Kind of hard to take someone serious that hasn't even put in their dues. Oh and those who complain about the auction house refuse to try to use it for their benefit. When I have yet to find an item worth more than 30 mill from paragon 39-89, AH flipping is my only way to have any income. Now with the logistics of the OP and RNG out of the way, OP's ideas are completely illconceived and frankly dumb.
Reply Quote
@orbitsterm your first paragraph was interesting to read but as your second statement. From what i read people have accounts that instant snipe items from that ah at low prices and they resell it for higher, They have a bot doing this. So how is this not tackling the problem.

@ contra, how am i destroying peoples stuff? all the system does is force the player to have to trade it outside the auction house. and in now way is the item destroyed. if you want some logic to satisfy yourself then here is some. If the the botters are the real problem and the botters are the ones flipping items, introducing gold and items into the economy Then this tackles the issue. The buy items to flip and inflate prices, They farm gold to sell on the ramh ( I believe 1 mil Gold is 1.06 atm) so they flip the items so you can't afford them and force you to buy Gold thus them taking two wins from you. What this does is prevents them from flipping items to prices beyond their worth.

The legit players who gain their fortune playing the game are far and few. Most exploit end game content before the exploit is fixed or something is nerfed.

I don't think I am smarter than the rest, but stupid people tend to reply to hasty and asking for explanations and choose not to analyse what was said and develop proper arguments.

Oh and Contra, nowhere does my OP say about destroying peoples items. so please troll else. where.
Reply Quote
I like the idea but I'm sure people would just stop using the auction house D:
Reply Quote
04/28/2013 03:29 PMPosted by Trakof
Beyond stupid.

04/28/2013 03:30 PMPosted by Calex
Dumb
Reply Quote
@ Shango so if there was no AH there would be no game is what you are saying? you are admitting that you would not come as far as you have without playing AH. You also admit that you play the AH game to further advance your character to clear content that you have already cleared only to what? try and grind for better gear? which is what you were doing in the first place but got so frustrated you baught gear and thought that will help better gear drop for you? so you can than get gear to farm better gear for using or selling on the AH? because the money you earn from the AH is used to help repeat your cycle?

AS for the second underlined point. Item drops from elites and rares to help with progression through content is something i am sure the devs would take into consideration knowing that the AH is not abundant with over priced items that a majority of players already can afford or evne use becasue they flip the items anyways.

@Deanman how do I have no right to talk about this game? Because I have not hit paragon level 10? I hit the lvl cap just like a lot other players prior to the intro to paragon. Besides paragon level only really shows that you been at the item grind longer than most people I fail to see how it sets us apart except for time invested in grinding.

If your only way of getting an income is through AH flipping, why even bother investing in paragon levels? arn't you wasting your time doing that because the real money is playing AH tycoon? Those that refuse to try the AH for their benefit? how are they benefiting by choosing not to buy inflated prices for items because of flippers like you? The AH as it is destroyed the trading system where people can no longer barter for gear which was part of Diablo system. They are now forced to either endure the grinding system for specific gear for their chars because everyone who gets an item of some worth puts it on the AH to make a quick buck and a flipper nabs it and inflates the price and it will stay their taking up room in the ah and cause a bunch of people to flip through a bunch of other garbage with inflated items to hopefully find that nice item without an inflated price. yes the AH as it is is a real asset to people. Only the Flippers and botters are threatened by an idea like this.
Reply Quote
04/28/2013 08:34 PMPosted by Orbister
FLIPPERS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM! FCKING BOTTERS ARE!
04/28/2013 09:03 PMPosted by Cinic
@orbitsterm your first paragraph was interesting to read but as your second statement. From what i read people have accounts that instant snipe items from that ah at low prices and they resell it for higher, They have a bot doing this. So how is this not tackling the problem.

While botters add items and gold into the economy, flippers keep items away from people who may legitimately want the item.

Why, just recently I had someone try to bid-snipe me on an item I was bidding on in the last few seconds, and I'm inclined to believe it was a flipper. Why? Because I don't think too many people on this game use Shenlong's set to try and bid-snipe.

Now how would a flipper keep items out of the hands of legitimate players? Easy. Bid-snipe an item at a low price and re-post it for 10x+ its value. That item you were hoping to get for about 2 million in those last few minutes is now reposted for 20+ million, meaning if you're not a rich player you're not getting it without paying an imaginary arm and leg for it.

Sure, to a major part of this community 20 million is hardly considered "rich", but for those who can't even afford to create a Radiant Star gem (much less a Marquis), it's not a ballpark you want to be playing in.

One welcome change would be a time extension on an auction if a bid is placed within, say, the last 15-30 minutes of its posting to thoroughly eliminate bid sniping. Sure, it may not prevent flipping, but if someone genuinely wants that item and is willing to compete with said flipper, at least they're not going to walk away with a 900% profit.
Reply Quote
Any auction house extra flip tax or restriction would send all of the items to D2JSP or other third party sites. The auction house would be bare and result in players complaining that there is nothing worth buying off the auction house.
Reply Quote
@clack Thank you, But I highly doubt people will stop using the AH, there will always be that person who wants to make a quick buck or looking for a real good deal, or just to impatient to grind for gear and fork out the needed money for an item. All this does is get the items circulating in the game through trade. I bet people don't even know there is a trade channel and trade section in the forums. No one is losing their items they just have to use the other options at their disposal for selling their gear.
Reply Quote
@Przytulski even if it sends people to 3rd party sites. They use it at their own risk, and who says they arn't using it right now? I also don't think the AH would be empty. People would try and sell it on there first and if it fails then they would go to third party sites. and how is that any different from posting trades on the forums or using the in game trade? ( besides the real money).
Reply Quote
@ Zeon, Thank you for contributing.
Reply Quote
@ Shango so if there was no AH there would be no game is what you are saying? you are admitting that you would not come as far as you have without playing AH. You also admit that you play the AH game to further advance your character to clear content that you have already cleared only to what? try and grind for better gear? which is what you were doing in the first place but got so frustrated you baught gear and thought that will help better gear drop for you? so you can than get gear to farm better gear for using or selling on the AH? because the money you earn from the AH is used to help repeat your cycle?

AS for the second underlined point. Item drops from elites and rares to help with progression through content is something i am sure the devs would take into consideration knowing that the AH is not abundant with over priced items that a majority of players already can afford or evne use becasue they flip the items anyways.

The AH is supposed to be an option for players not the primary go to place for loot or gear. We are suppose to grind elites/rares and bosses for loot not the AH.

This is your quote I was replying to, I will try to say it in a different way so you understand my point...

Why are you focusing on changing the AH instead of changing the game so you can find great gear in the game?

May I ask how much of your DH's gear is self found?
Reply Quote
What a brilliantly crap idea.

Reply Quote
another dumb ah thread, if you dont like the ah then dont use it, you can go and spam wts or wtt your own items

Ah is convienance to many players, and those that dont like it well no force you to use it

flipping is a part of any mmorpg game
Edited by Thinh#1809 on 4/28/2013 10:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Stop saying AH is bad, it is not...
Reply Quote
another dumb ah thread, if you dont like the ah then dont use it, you can go and spam wts or wtt your own items

Ah is convienance to many players, and those that dont like it well no force you to use it

flipping is a part of any mmorpg game

Very true, if you dont like AH then dont use it, I like AH and I will keep using it. Why would you want to force ppl not to use AH? why?
Reply Quote
@ Shango Thanks for clearing things up, I'll address your second question first, 1 piece is from dropped loot, the rest is AH bought, actually all my chars have ah bought gear only 1 piece amongst them all was from dropped loot. I'll also back track in D3 history here just to make my point relative. All my bought gear was intended to farm inferno back when act two with out GODLY AH gear would kick your @$$ the minute you stepped foot into it. not so much any more. Also inferno mode was a new difficulty introduced into the Diablo universe and due to exploits in the game so early on people were able to effectively farm acts 3 and 4 and basically rule the AH with the extra gear they found.

Gold botters could buy those items and introduce them back into the game at higher prices. others to compete would either buy the gear/gold from 3rd party sites or use said exploit as well to try and reach those acts to farm. Now after the exploits were nerfed. it left a huge class gap in the community. The top tier players and everyone else. Because the top tier already had their gear from exploiting they could still manage farming and be able to buy top tier gear from other players who were in that top tier. Everyone else would have to grind like intended for gear and try to afford those high prices, that gold botters are able to pay for items let alone botters sniping cheap items in the AH. What ends up happening is other people start to post their items for inflated prices just because the top tier set those prices and the gold botters met the prices. In the short term they may have spent money only to try and flip items yes but in the long term the manipulated the auction house. The only way people can close the gap is if another exploit was discovered and people got on board before a nerf and in increments people moved to the top tier either by flipping items or exploits.

Let's be honest here, there are multiple post with people complaining about the drop rates and itemization, heck even after I quit and came back people are still complaining about items. So its hard to believe people got to the top tier playing legit.

AS for your second question. why am i so focused on changing the AH instead of the game to get better drops? well simply because the auction house has become the focal point of the game, heck it might even be safe to say it is the game currently. people grind gear to sell on ah so they can afford other gear on the ah.

In a way I am tackling the game. I am not saying take away the auction house or leave as it is. All i am saying is put limitations on it. Once those inflated items are forced into the game economy through bartering. A more realistic value can be placed on the items because the prices will be set by the average player who grinds for their gear and not the top tier who exploited and botted.
Reply Quote
@Thinh... this is an ARPG not an mmo. although similar in some areas they do have their differences. but if you need some examples, here are some. These are MMO's. wow everquest, Lotr online, kotor, guildwars 2, etc, these are ARPG, diablo 1, 2, 3 titan quest, path of exile, torch light 1 and 2. if you google videos you will see start to see a trend.

@maykind. I am not suggesting for people not to use the AH,simply suggesting limitations. I am not saying I don't use the AH myself because I do heck I have to. and if I could spam wts and wtt I would but the AH as it is has effected trade and manipulated the values of items. thus rendering wts and wtt obselete until the AH gets some changes on how it works.
Reply Quote
@Thinh... this is an ARPG not an mmo. although similar in some areas they do have their differences. but if you need some examples, here are some. These are MMO's. wow everquest, Lotr online, kotor, guildwars 2, etc, these are ARPG, diablo 1, 2, 3 titan quest, path of exile, torch light 1 and 2. if you google videos you will see start to see a trend.

@maykind. I am not suggesting for people not to use the AH,simply suggesting limitations. I am not saying I don't use the AH myself because I do heck I have to. and if I could spam wts and wtt I would but the AH as it is has effected trade and manipulated the values of items. thus rendering wts and wtt obselete until the AH gets some changes on how it works.

okay its an mmoarpg pretty much the same thing as hundred of thousands are on the same server and can communicate or trade with one another
Reply Quote
04/28/2013 03:42 PMPosted by Cinic
Oh I have used it before, and the AH is meant to be an option for players not be the entire game. All this is doing is limiting the auction is. Or are you one of those people profiting off the AH. What would you do without an AH? how would you get rid of those items yo collected with out it? simple by bartering.

Or are you one of those dreaded people profiting off the AH? OMG, you are trying to make a profit?!?! You should be ashamed of yourself, you dirty, dirty flipper!

Are you serious? I feel like this is just a hardcore troll, or at least I really hope it is. Because if not, and you actually think this is a good idea, then you really need to take a hard look at your proposal and just think about it for a minute. Think about how it would actually work in reality, not just how you think it would work in this idealized situation you have conjured up.

So you really think it would just be as "simple" as bartering? Do you really think anyone would even have a chance at getting as much exposure for their items they want to sell just by in game bartering? Or by posting in the trading forums? That is one thing about the AH I don't think you are giving it due credit.

No, the AH is not perfect. But it does give both sellers and buyers a much larger potential market and selection of items to sell and/or buy. If the best items would only be on the AH one time and never again--and that is how it would be if you only have your 1 shot you are proposing--then people would have a MUCH harder time gearing. It would drastically shrink the available item pool, and not many would enjoy that.

This is a LOOT driven game. And while the AH isn't perfect like I said, it still helps in a major way in the never-ending loot hunt. It is part of the game, that isn't going to change. And you really think it would even stop flipping? No there isn't a chance of that. People would just turn to selling through sites like d2jsp, even more so than they do now.

So it wouldn't stop flipping, all it would do is make it much more difficult to obtain items and get gold to purchase items for all but the most dedicated, hardcore heavily involved players.
Reply Quote
There are two very different types of "easy" when it comes to programming. That first easy is "easy for a human to visualize the idea." That second easy is "easy to write a program to implement the idea into a computerized environment."

This is in no way the second type of easy... and honestly would only lead to headaches on all fronts even if it was able to be done.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]