Diablo® III

Two-Hand weapons again ...

I think Blizzard should consider to give twohand weapons a change here.

There are currently 4 basic choices you have with the game,

using one weapon with a shield

using one weapon with a source/mojo

Using a twohand weapon

using two weapons at the same time

All builds fall in one of those categories.

Though the differences between those choices can be huge.

This can be seen by one of the problems that have been created in the past. I sure dont agree with the fact that stacking IAS to "win" the game, was the correct use. But that all comes down to testing. It was simply deemed that IAS was to important as stat and thus nerfed by 50%. Now as we see, twohand weapons somehow can deal with that, but this change was absolutely deadly to twohand weapons because they have very low attack speed to begin with AND they dont get the 15% IAS bonus of dual wield builds. Thats the issue with just "nerfing" something without even thinking about who it may concern. Twohand weapons never had the ability to abuse the IAS as much as dual wield users. So a nerf here has hit a LARGE possible choice and making it even more useless then it was already. Its like to change the CM wizard with a simple nerf, and thus as well hit all the people that actually dont even play a CM wiz but just happen to use the one or other skill, so builds that barely work, become now totally ineffective!

On top of it you have the issue of gear choices, because in some cases you are limited to one and only one item. That is for ALL twohand weapons ... Skorn. There is nothing that could even compare to it. Builds using one hand weapons have a bit more freedom here.

And for the Deamon Hunter they can use a quiver, which makes dual wield in comparison stale.

I am not complaining here about details or crazy builds. I am talking about the basics of the game, the basic choices you make here, and its rather obvious that there are huge differences in the gear you can get and the quality of the build, in general twohand builds lack the offensive and defensive capabilities of dual wield builds and classes using one hand weapons + sources/mojos.

the difference here goes so far, that people dont even see a need to pick up rare twohand weapons anymore.

Twohand weapons, for the WD, Monk, Wizard and Barb need a buff. That simple. Twohand weapons have been always the step child of this game.

Oh if we are at it, do something with shields as well. No ones using them anymore in softcore.
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 4/28/2013 5:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The fix for broken two-handers may be a simple one. Allow every [not only Manticore] 2H weapon roll more than one socket. This will provide alternatives with 2H weapons...

But shields are still weak...
Reply Quote
It'd be nice if more 2H weapons were viable, one of the biggest things that needs to be done for monks anyway is to make Daibos actually viable. They roll terrible damage and trying to get one with all the necessary affixes and the bonus monk related affixes is next to impossible. Id love to use a Daibo, but it needs usable damage, CD, Socket, LS/LoK(for low MP TR runs), preferably some main stat, and then there's three monk specific affixes it needs (well, one of those is a skill mod and it can be several different skills), and they simply don't roll those things.
Reply Quote
Two-handed weapons are good for some builds, like Tempest Rush Monks. Personally, I love my Skorn because it gives me massive heals every time I use Rend @ Bloodlust, since the damage from that skill is based purely on weapon damage and doesn't factor in attack speed. To each his own.

Toprem's right, though. Daibos need some serious love.
Reply Quote
I'm sure 2h will get fixed when itemization gets fixed. Blizzard understands that the whole crit damage socket ideas need more variety. For example, I think in the future we'll be making choices like +100% weapon damage and +30% attack speed or +250% crit damage, ect.
Reply Quote
04/28/2013 06:19 AMPosted by Toprem
It'd be nice if more 2H weapons were viable, one of the biggest things that needs to be done for monks anyway is to make Daibos actually viable. They roll terrible damage and trying to get one with all the necessary affixes and the bonus monk related affixes is next to impossible. Id love to use a Daibo, but it needs usable damage, CD, Socket, LS/LoK(for low MP TR runs), preferably some main stat, and then there's three monk specific affixes it needs (well, one of those is a skill mod and it can be several different skills), and they simply don't roll those things.

indeed. Twohand weapons are so bad, its not even funny anymore. No monk with a sane mind would chose a daybo, neither a Wizard the wands or staff. I always had the feeling that weapons which are the trademark of that class should be actually the best choice for that class. I mean imagine the assasin in D2 runing around with an axe or mace ... or the wizard with an twohand axe ... because they are the best DPS sticks in the game ... actually thats Diablo 3 ...

Feels like they spend a lot of time for the barb and the monk, and then just decided that a Wizard could do just as well with an "twohand" axe that is bigger then the wizard it self ...
Reply Quote
Every 2handed weapon NOT named skorn+manticore are totally useless. Should prolly make the rest of them roll more competitively with those 2.
Reply Quote
definitely
Reply Quote
I love the look of some of the 2handed weapons but dont use them since its pointless if I really want to farm
Reply Quote
My favorite but I never use it
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-gavel-of-judgment
Reply Quote
04/28/2013 02:15 PMPosted by SaintCoultz
I love the look of some of the 2handed weapons but dont use them since its pointless if I really want to farm

its interesting how much time they spend to design some of the items, and then ... there is no real use for them.
Reply Quote
bumb
Reply Quote
Doooo something, blizz, no ones picking up rare twohand weapons anymore and no other weapon then skorn is interesting :( !
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]