Diablo® III

Pros outweigh the Cons for a D3 Ladder

I want ladder only runewords.
Reply Quote
Not sure you can call ladder only items "tactics" as if to say people were being forced to play ladder. Its a new concept to me because I played D2 on bnet for 6 years straight. Then off and on for the last 4 or 5 years and not one time did I hear a word about people playing ladder for the ladder only items.

As I mentioned before I wasn't into the competiton of the ladder but by no means did I play on it to use the ladder only items. I saw Ladder as a better economy, non pvp/dueling place, a fresh start. I saw NL as the duelers or pvpers and a collection of the best items/characters you'd ever have.

I am not sure what the demand for a ladder was when it was being implimented, I just know the results from years of playing on it.
Reply Quote
as much as I want a ladder I think blizzard needs to fix a few things with the game to make ladder fun
1. mob density(currently being worked on)
2. itemization
if those things are fixed then I think ladder will be extremely fun for all who choose to partici[ate in it
I abosolutely agree with this. If a ladder was put in play tomorrow, yeah it'd be fun for a little bit but with the state of the things you mentioned it wouldn't work out too well. Maybe for the expac?
Reply Quote
If they put a ladder system in I would definitely start playing again because I love competitive play. If there was an option for a self-found only ladder, that would make my dreams come true!
Reply Quote
Not really going to be helpful if everyone still ends up hunting for trifecta endlessly, what's the point if the progressing has no diversity? Maybe botters will be happy.

Fix the itemization first then bring us some creative mode.
Reply Quote

No, it doesn't.
Oh thanks, that detailed explanation helped me change my mind!

Anybody with a clue about history knows that ladder was just as flooded with all of that, as far as dupes, botters, etc. As far as it being stale, that's open to interpretation.

I never found constantly restarting fun when mudding, so instead of making new ones and leveling to x point then doing it again, or playing on muds that constantly wiped, I played on those that didn't reset, and played to level cap where I could enjoy all aspects of the game and where any poor aspects of the game weren't magnified by time limits or unnecessary division of a meager population.
Reply Quote
Not really going to be helpful if everyone still ends up hunting for trifecta endlessly, what's the point if the progressing has no diversity? Maybe botters will be happy.

Fix the itemization first then bring us some creative mode.
Thats what was said numerous times. This is for the future and long term of the game.
Reply Quote
Oh thanks, that detailed explanation helped me change my mind!

Anybody with a clue about history knows that ladder was just as flooded with all of that, as far as dupes, botters, etc. As far as it being stale, that's open to interpretation.

I never found constantly restarting fun when mudding, so instead of making new ones and leveling to x point then doing it again, or playing on muds that constantly wiped, I played on those that didn't reset, and played to level cap where I could enjoy all aspects of the game and where any poor aspects of the game weren't magnified by time limits or unnecessary division of a meager population.

So if the game stays at this state as is, theres no chance of erasing any dupes that are out, sans divine (rust storm?) intervention. Everyone who has played an online game knows there will ALWAYS be botters and dupers. Always. But to have the dupes never leave the economy, ever, after years? This game will be dead, not just dormant like it is now. It will have a player base of 100 people. I never did play a mud but I don't think we'll see that any time soon anyway.

But you provided a good example at least of if you don't like it don't play it. I still fail to see a division of population as you are not restricted to one or the other, you can play both at the same time. Obviously cannot play ladder with non ladder.
Reply Quote
There are quite a few user made ladder groups for Diablo 3 already. If you google it, I'm sure you will fine one to join.
Reply Quote
I don't think the itemization is really all that bad, the problem is the item glut. I think it's the affixes that need to be looked at more than anything, and bring the numbers down... a lot.

Now back on topic: I think a ladder would be good, especially one with regular restarts. For the people complaining about D2's ladder players getting special treatment to "Force" them into playing ladder mode, those are simply perks for playing in a semi-competitive format. I preferred playing ladder for those perks, it honesty didn't change my playing casually, I never felt the need to make ladder feel competitive. However, I do feel that the AH should be left off of the ladder servers, and especially the RMHA, in order to keep this a truly competitive format.
Reply Quote
I'd still honestly like to see someone come up with good reasons NOT to have a ladder. I have yet to see any. RMAH is not a good reason either because it can still work. Playing on NL will mean nothing different in your game play that you are currently doing now.

Anyone?

Releveling 1-60 is horribly boring.

Trivializes the hundreds of hours people put into the game.

There's no actual incentive to relevel a new character.
Reply Quote
I have NO interest of doing some idiotic rushed leveling race, so do your ladder in a separate server, and leave me and my characters alone, if u can do it in a separate server, GO AHEAD! and enjoy!
Reply Quote
It would be on a separate server the same that Hardcore is. The AH's would need to be removed. Most importantly the servers would need to reset a lot more often than what they did back on D2. Resets every 2 months would work, it's competitive, if some players don't make it to PL100 it doesn't matter.

If at the end when servers are ready to be reset. Players were allowed to copy across characters to Normal play. That would kill it & make it pointless. All that would be doing is duping items, since most it's found in the Ladder Server would already be in the Normal server. When the Ladder resets you loose everything other than the rankings a player earned.
Reply Quote
04/28/2013 04:53 PMPosted by videogame
all a ladder would do is split up the community, its already split between hardcore/softcore and different monster power levels. and stop acting like it doesnt affect people who dont wanna play it, it does affect them.

because you need a few thousands people to play with right?

who cares if a few of your friends go to ladder while you dont (or vice-versa), cry a river and move on. if you're that attached to all your "online friends" you've got issues son.
Reply Quote
04/28/2013 11:38 PMPosted by Orbister
I have NO interest of doing some idiotic rushed leveling race, so do your ladder in a separate server, and leave me and my characters alone, if u can do it in a separate server, GO AHEAD! and enjoy!

if you think thats what a ladder is about you're a clueless moron.
Reply Quote
Without even reading, I don't even know what 1 single con is. You don't lose your items; your character just gets moved to a separate server you can use, group up, and farm if you wish. It just doesn't exist on the ladder.

Frankly, the only people I could see having a problem with it are the ones who insist on manipulating the economy. These are the people that should leave the game.
Reply Quote
04/28/2013 02:55 PMPosted by Odinn
Well, at least there is one person against it.

Are you really that ignorant ? There are many against it, just not everyone reads this or bothers with replying
Reply Quote
this will ***NEVER*** happen, unless Blizz solves the non trivial problem of making ladder specific GAH and RMAH instances, which of course would kind of defeat the purpose of a ladder. If you are holding out hope for some AH-free variant of D3, I'm afraid you'll just be disappointed forever.
Reply Quote
Anti ladder people are truly hilarious. There is a game with like a decade of proof of how great an effect ladder has on a game. It's called diablo 2. Jeeze louise hahaha
Reply Quote
Ladder Mode.

1) Hardcore mode only. Characters PKed or died to monsters = Restart level 1.
2) No private games, all games are open to public. *form your allegiance*
3) No GAH/RMAH
4) No bartering/trading window. Items drop on floor will be destroyed.
5) Hostility anywhere including town. No more AFK in public games.
6) Drops ear when you are being PKed.

I'll play. Else nah, don't waste my time.
Edited by Fireblade#1295 on 4/29/2013 2:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]