Diablo® III

Ah cap is a burden to all players

So many idiots in this thread. The bottom line is that many good items are now surpassing the 2b cap due to inflation. Thus, good items are traded on outside 3rd party sites like jsp or on the trade forums. Those items should be tradeable on the auction house, but aren't because they are worth more than 2b.

If you can't understand what the OP is talking about, then shut your mouth. This has nothing to do with greed, or real money sales, or anything like that. It's about keeping Diablo trade on the auction house where it should be. Not forcing average players into insecure trading.

lol what a line of bull.

04/27/2013 12:43 AMPosted by Overkill
like now I saw a witching hour i wanted. it's sold already. Bet that gg witching hour is going to be taken to another site to be sold. Instead of stayin on the in game site. Then only way fore me to get that witching hour is to go to the 3rd party site to buy it.

Oh get over it. It is a game, get it a game. I can't afford 2b so it is as out of my reach as 4b would be. You are upset because YOU can't charge more on the ah. As for 3rd party sites if people are caught going there the account should be deleted.

I'm sorry but It is greed. We play diablo in diablo there is a 2b cap. 2bis the most any item is worth. Yes if you put it up some flipper will buy it an go to a 3rd party site to sell. In all effects that should be moving the item out of the game. It is the real losers that go outside the game that is supporting them.

If blizz removed the cap tomorrow items I may be able to afford would not even be in my reach anymore. Ah yes the I can hear the "it's your fault for not botting, flipping or scamming to get more gold" coming. Guess waht people with that kind of money did not get it playing legit.
Wow OP, just because you spend massive amounts of money on this game doesn't mean we all want to.
Dear, TheTias when it comes to economy:

04/29/2013 02:19 AMPosted by Eddizel
You are the most clueless "MVP" I have ever seen

04/29/2013 03:12 AMPosted by Bluthium
You are clueless.

04/27/2013 12:34 AMPosted by Overkill
just very clueless.

04/29/2013 03:19 AMPosted by simplemath
You are clueless.

04/29/2013 03:24 AMPosted by Chillaxin
you have no clue what you are even talking about.

04/29/2013 03:41 AMPosted by OPnoob
Who gave this guy the forum megaphone?

I beg of you, please leave this thread. You have no clue when it comes to economic principles. You are an MVP and should feel some form of responsibility to not spread inaccurate information from your own words. Players give MVP's a lot of credibility and when you constantly spread inaccurate information you ruin the integrity of the MVP system.
04/26/2013 11:49 PMPosted by Sÿlak
Ah cap is a burden to all players

Don't use the word "all".
Some people don't care about the auction house cap.
Kill monsters.
Worry not about the auction house. It is what it is.

:)

+1
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
JSP, diablofans, and other 3rd party sites sell items for over 2billion gold daily and fanbased sites like these are not illegal.If you have not done any 3rd party trading, then I suggest leaving this thread because you have no clue what you are even talking about. The top gear is not on the GAH and never will be as long as there is a cap. If you do all your trades via the GAH, then you have no experience in trading the top tier loot in the game.

We need to remove the 2billion gold cap so we can bring the top tier trades back into the game where they belong. Once this happens, billions of gold will once again be able to sink out of the economy and that benefits everyone.

Again, I direct you to the quoted legal bits in my previous posts. Blizzard is in no way responsible for player losses or damages outside of the game environment (or even in it excepting when laws state otherwise), and has no obligation to make changes based on activity, actions, or perceptions having to do with mechanisms outside of the Diablo game environment.

This isn't really all that hard to figure out Chillaxin.

A player who plays the game and works really hard and finally gets his lucky break to find an item worth more than 2billion wants to be able to get the gold his item is worth. This is completely normal and doesn't make him a bad person. It is rational to think that if an item with X stats is worth 2billion, then an item with X+2 stats is probably worth even more. They should not be capped at the same price when the 2nd one is obviously rarer and better.

A cap simply puts an upper ceiling on the amount that can be obtained for any single item. Within that environment (and this is the critical part you and most everyone else is not understanding or does not want to understand), item categories/levels will still be priced relative to the most expensive and best items out there.

As I've said, the third party sites are irrelevant for this discussion since a) you're in violation of just about every part of the EULA and other agreements that you agreed to upon accepting the ToU/EULA, and b) should you choose to use outside mechanisms, you do so at your own risk and accept the consequences of doing so.

As far as Blizzard is concerned, item values are considered only in the context of the Diablo 3 game environment. As such, changes made to said environment, whether it be in the game world or in the auction house are not dependent upon any factors or situations outside of that context. Players also do not have any right to entitlement based on outside factors either.

I sincerely hope that while playing the game you happen to find an echoing fury with strictly higher stats than the one that sold for more than 7,000 Euro. Then you will be faced with the decision to sell it for 2billion gold (since you don't like the RMAH or 3rd party) Do you believe in the cap so much that you would give away an item worth thousands of dollars for only 2billion gold? Only an insane person or someone who is already rich would do this willingly. I hope the luck gods bless you with this situation so you can fully understand.

Again, this is irrelevant to the in-game economy. The players take risks going outside. The in-game economy in terms of any proposed or pending changes is not dictated by outside factors. For the purpose of any changes Blizzard makes to its game, only in-game transactions are considered. You can ignore that all you want but it won't change anything about it.

You think that gold gets its value from the RMAH which is untrue. Gold would have real value even if the RMAH never existed. Time is money and players are willing to save time by spending money. The true value for gold currently is about 3 cents per million. The RMAH didn't cause this. Botters and the lack of well implemented gold sinks caused that. Removing the GAH price cap would be a very well implemented gold sink sinking billions everyday. The more gold that sinks, the lower the price of items would eventually become over time.

Except that as you raise the cap on what items can sell, so too is the amount of gold needed to get those items increased. In turn players feel even more obligated to buy gold either from bots or the RMAH or through other surreptitious means. You could put all the gold sinks in the world into the game, but if there was no cap on how high items went, the necessity of botted gold and purchasing botted gold would far outweigh any effect of the implemented gold sinks.

In concert a cap and gold sink system can regulate the in-game economy very well. It's been done in World of Warcraft through player (character) gold caps, and the BMAH working together. The first caps the amount of gold that can be dumped into the economy at any given time by a single transaction and includes the usual 15% cut to take some of that gold out of the game entirely. The second is an alternative means for the occasional really good item (past or present), vanity items, pets, and mounts and eliminates 100% of the gold used to purchase the item.

Diablo 3 could benefit from the combination of both.

That would not solve anything and would cause more problems. Legitimate players would reach a cap and no longer be able to find gold while playing the game and botters would just buy more accounts or use more of the accounts that they stole from the illegitimate players. The botters would still be very successful and you hurt the legitimate players. Bad plan.

Legitimate players earning even 2 billion gold? Very few and far between if items are regulated well in terms of in-game value (speaking to the method of flipping to attain max gold). The portion of the player base that has earned "The One Percent" achievement is astoundingly low. The botters are going to be a problem either way. The stolen accounts are on the players for not securing their account information. For botters to be effective they're going to have to sit on a lot of items if their accounts can only hold X amount of gold. Will they still make profits? Almost assuredly, though it will be much more tedious to do so, and the purchase of mass accounts will much more easily set off Blizzard's bot radar and you'll start seeing a lot more ban waves.

Absolutely wrong. Items selling for more on the GAH causes more gold to be destroyed. No gold is created.

That gold to buy the item has to come from somewhere. Two guesses where.

It is funny that you say that is "more likely to happen" because your suggestions would hurt legitimate players the most. I can guarantee that the blizzard staff is at least smart enough to not implement those

Legitimate players were hurt by "Rust Storm" in Diablo 2 as well. Many of those items were probably purchased with real money or other currencies outside of the game environment. That most certainly did not stop the item deletions from happening. Given that the botted gold is illegitimately created, there's a lot less downside overall to this than there is positive to it, especially since implementing it makes it that much easier to put account-level caps into place and implement the gold sinks (likely at the same time as if they aren't done together we're back to square one). Once the 1-2-3 knockout punches are delivered, the economy has a self regulating system that needs much less maintenance than the one now in place.

In WoW, even though the system works well now, it took a while to get there due to the gold cap increases brought into the game a couple years ago. Had the sinks been implemented properly, there would have been no need for cap increases as gold influx could be regulated by adjusting loot drops, and gold sinks could be adjusted to be worthwhile yet still eliminate great amounts of gold from the economy, and together players would rarely hit even the previous caps. The ones that had accumulated mass amounts of wealth and were essentially controlling entire servers would be hurt the most, but those are the situations Blizzard tries not to allow to happen whenever possible anyway.

And you're also forgetting that with a cap in place, eventually players would be able to afford any one item (at least) that they want. Good luck with that happening without a cap unless the player wins the lottery on item drops.

By the way, raising caps by proxy is allowing more money to go into the economy since this game continually generates gold. Switching to a cap system that works much like the Valor system does in World of Warcraft (though not stuck on a weekly cap, which many truly hate) has more benefits than pitfalls.

I am not unaware of the laws of supply and demand, by the way. I'm well aware of them in fact. However, given the legalities involved, using third party values or mechanisms as the basis of your argument is more than a little flawed.
haha to the noobs who sya we are spending tons of real money in this game.. Yeah! I am spending the real money i got by buying items for IGG and selling them for Real Money on RMAH in my battle.net balance and YES, i bought items for "real money" on RMAH with this "real money" i made by selling an item i bought for gold.......

Didn't spend 1$ from my pocket but i still bought and sold items on RMAH...

And yes, CAP is useless. And the game is about competition, about getting the best gear to play and farm the game...

People who dont agree with that principle, are noobs who cant afford anything in this game or even know how to play this game imho..

Silly kids
[quote]Again, this is irrelevant to the in-game economy. The players take risks going outside. The in-game economy in terms of any proposed or pending changes is not dictated by outside factors. For the purpose of any changes Blizzard makes to its game, only in-game transactions are considered. You can ignore that all you want but it won't change anything about it.

Maybe you didnt understand that this is what we want. We want items to stay inside D3 and not going outside to 3rd party sites. But i guess all of you who disagree with OP dont understand that.
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
04/29/2013 04:10 AMPosted by Zeon
People who dont agree with that principle, are noobs who cant afford anything in this game or even know how to play this game imho..

You mean players that actually play the game as if it were a loot hunting game and not an auction house game? My, how utterly unthinkable that they would do so...

04/29/2013 04:13 AMPosted by Zeon
Maybe you didnt understand that this is what we want. We want items to stay inside D3 and not going outside to 3rd party sites. But i guess all of you who disagree with OP dont understand that.

Cap or no, until Blizzard clamps down on the third party sites (which they can legally do but for some reason haven't yet) your point is moot.

As far as Blizzard's concerned, any changes they make will be relative to the in-game situation only, not how the market is affected by third parties.
AH should be improved by 10 million gold cap so that it can become more an optional feature.
04/29/2013 07:41 AMPosted by FrozenSoul
AH should be improved by 10 million gold cap so that it can become more an optional feature.

You mean...forcing ppl to spend hours shouting at forums and trade chats? No thank you.
Please think before you click 'submit'.
04/29/2013 04:30 AMPosted by TheTias

You mean players that actually play the game as if it were a loot hunting game and not an auction house game? My, how utterly unthinkable that they would do so...

Cap or no, until Blizzard clamps down on the third party sites (which they can legally do but for some reason haven't yet) your point is moot.

As far as Blizzard's concerned, any changes they make will be relative to the in-game situation only, not how the market is affected by third parties.

Is this really coming from a MVP?

Since when 3rd party sites will be clamped down if not involving $$$??? The trading section of this forum is '3rd party site' too for xxxx's sake.

The topic here is about GAH and about gold trading........................................................................
04/29/2013 07:46 AMPosted by Contra

You mean...forcing ppl to spend hours shouting at forums and trade chats? No thank you.
Please think before you click 'submit'.

Not at all, just don't accumulate wealth with trade so much, if the itemization and mf feedback was good you will eventually get what you need by playing the game. People aiming for top will spend hours anyways.
items shouldn't cost more then 2B to begin with . only reason they do is cause of 90% of items on the AH are being over priced. so people feel the need to sell for more cause their item is better then the current 2B CRAP on the AH....

... not BLIZZ's problem people are stupid enough to pay more and/or get scammed.

dont blame BLIZZ for the cap , blame your selfs for crashing the economy by buying/selling on the black market..

just like real life.....
Edited by Ralron#1343 on 4/29/2013 8:00 AM PDT
04/26/2013 11:42 PMPosted by Overkill
The auction house cap is ignorant and useless. It needs to be removed. By having a cap you are holding our game play back. Which makes this game really unjoyable after you reach a certain point. if cap was removed be a lot better to find items other than having to go to some other site cause the 2bil items just aren't cutting it! All the gg items are stuck on some other site and not diablo ah.Having the 2bil cap removed will bring those items back to where they belong and us godly elite players can actually find upgrades. This needs to happen with a quickness as in like last freakin patch. So get to work Blizz and do the right thing! Remove the ignorant useless burden of a 2bil cap!

They in fact need to reduce the cap to 100 million. This would solve everyone's complaint about inflation.. oh and they need to make 3rd party trading impossible.. This would force the 100 million cap.
04/27/2013 12:32 AMPosted by Tuinebap
yo OP, not all us play with a credit card ya know

+1 this
Add 5% in-game trading tax. Make it 10% if over 2billion igg Such will combat third party sites, gold farmers, and even those trading softcore vs hardcore. 5% isn't all that much and people shouldn't grip that much. Blizzard should really consider increasing AH gold cap. As it was pointed out, elite gear rarely shows up on AH anymore.
your barb has 6 items that are dupes

if cap is removed, duper would still prefer to sell them at 3rd party sites because they are dupes

How the f*** duping is suddenly relevant to the topic? Seriously learn English first.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]