Diablo® III

Ah cap is a burden to all players

Again, you have to remove outside trade to make this work. Remove it. Entirely. No dropping items, no person-person trades. AH only, with a lowered cap.

Raising the cap is just going to put more money into the hands of chinese botters. Is that really what you want?

That is not a free market, that is against the spirit of Diablo, we can't all have nice things.

It is not my job to fight Chinese botters or even care about them, I built my gold fortune legitimately,, the botters are Blizzard's problem to deal with.

It is also not up to you to define the spirit of Diablo, idiot.

edit: you despise Chinese but you talk like a Chinese communist official. How ironic.
Edited by Contra#6857 on 4/29/2013 11:15 AM PDT
04/29/2013 10:37 AMPosted by Contra
Flipping can trivially be addressed by introducing a small listing fee. 1% of the base price would solve flipping.

Fee simply adds more price distortion to the original item.

The only thing I can imagine resembling a "solution" for flipping is a cooldown on items between listings. 2 weeks would probably do it. But then managing decay timers on about 100 million items would be extremely non trivial.
The auction house...is ignorant and useless.

FTFY.

It is also not up to you to define the spirit of Diablo, idiot.

Very constructive!
You moron I'm not upset I can't sell something for more than 2bil gold.

Posted by Overkill
like now I saw a witching hour i wanted. it's sold already. Bet that gg witching hour is going to be taken to another site to be sold. Instead of stayin on the in game site. Then only way fore me to get that witching hour is to go to the 3rd party site to buy it.

Oh get over it. It is a game, get it a game. I can't afford 2b so it is as out of my reach as 4b would be. You are upset because YOU can't charge more on the ah. As for 3rd party sites if people are caught going there the account should be deleted.

I'm sorry but It is greed. We play diablo in diablo there is a 2b cap. 2bis the most any item is worth. Yes if you put it up some flipper will buy it an go to a 3rd party site to sell. In all effects that should be moving the item out of the game. It is the real losers that go outside the game that is supporting them.

If blizz removed the cap tomorrow items I may be able to afford would not even be in my reach anymore. Ah yes the I can hear the "it's your fault for not botting, flipping or scamming to get more gold" coming. Guess waht people with that kind of money did not get it playing legit.

Has nothing to do with me being upset i can't sell something for more than 2bil gold ya freakin village idiot. The point is I have over 4bil gold and can't bid on somethnig cause of 2bil cap. Then that items walks off to a 3rd party site to where I'l never see that item again. Which makes gg items more and more hard to find as an upgrade. With the cap raise or uncapped you'd possibly see that item back on D3 ah more than you'll see it posted on some 3rd party site. Which would keep more gg items in game.
yes gg items still stay in game no matter where they are sold but you wouldn't have to go outside of diablo to buy them. I don't buy from 3rd party sites if people are thinking I do. Which also fuels my post for keeping items in the D3 ah by raising cap or uncapping the 2bil max.
I think it is insane that anything would even sell for 2 billion. I think the cap should be 1 million so no sympathy here for the cap. I mean could you imagine all the players being able to buy the gear they need? What a concept!
04/29/2013 10:42 AMPosted by simplemath

Fee simply adds more price distortion to the original item.

The only thing I can imagine resembling a "solution" for flipping is a cooldown on items between listings. 2 weeks would probably do it. But then managing decay timers on about 100 million items would be extremely non trivial.

Yeh I'm ok with the cooldown idea despite the inconvenience it imposes to every player, flipper or not. At least its impact on the item value is not apparent.
04/29/2013 11:07 AMPosted by Secoya
They are probably just dragging their feet on this because they are in denial about the hyperinflation caused by gold botters. Botters have thrown what balance was intended off center. Hopefully itemization/The Mystic will put the power back into players hands and remove the necessity of of using the Ah to find the very best items because it would make more sense to buy or farm something you can improve upon yourself rather than relying on botters and flippers for those items.

That is fair.
04/26/2013 11:42 PMPosted by Overkill
By having a cap you are holding our game play back.

OP obviously plays the AH instead of the actual game. Maybe you should stop buying gold on the RMAH and attempting to flip items in the GAH and instead hit the "Start Game" button.

04/29/2013 11:15 AMPosted by NecroSmokist
By having a cap you are holding our game play back.

OP obviously plays the AH instead of the actual game. Maybe you should stop buying gold on the RMAH and attempting to flip items in the GAH and instead hit the "Start Game" button.

Just a tip, assume less
yes, of course I play the game. I hate the AH and all the crap it brings into the game.. like items that sell for 2 billion. I think that X person should be able to spend Y hours playing the game and gear their self without even using the AH.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]