Diablo® III

Ah cap is a burden to all players

mokist
View profile
04/26/2013 11:42 PMPosted by Overkill
By having a cap you are holding our game play back.

OP obviously plays the AH instead of the actual game. Maybe you should stop buying gold on the RMAH and attempting to flip items in the GAH and instead hit the "Start Game" button.

No I play the game not ah. I go to ah for upgrades. Please reframe from typing and showing your stupidity when you haven't got a clue. You assuming things jus makes you look more ignorant than you actually are.
How the hell can people even fill up 10 auctions? In 21 paragon levels my Monk hasnt listed a SINGLE item on the AH. Im talking not even some crappy 3% CC ring that I put up for only 50k gold. Every single item I loot went to the vendors.
04/29/2013 11:22 AMPosted by Zaxxon23
I hate the AH and all the crap it brings into the game.. like items that sell for 2 billion.

Are you 12? Or do you lack basic deductive reasoning?

The auction house is a trade mechanism. It has no control in any way shape or form over the amount of currency in the economy, or the prices of items as a result of their rarity.

Hum, so if there was no AH this game would be a even bigger failure... is that what you are telling me? It appears you have much more time on your hands then I do. I want to spend my time farming for gear to gear myself and not sit for hours trying to find items or sell items on the AH.
Its a moot point, all of it.

There are only a couple of outcomes, one of which is much more likely than the other.

1. Blizzard successfully removes goldbots and their vast hoards of gold from the economy.

2. Blizzard increases or removes GAH cap and RMAH gold price floor.
04/29/2013 11:27 AMPosted by Zaxxon23
I want to spend my time farming for gear to gear myself and not sit for hours trying to find items or sell items on the AH.

You are playing the wrong game. The second this game turns into what you want is the day the Diablo series dies.

Your argument is no better than mine. for every person that hates the AH and thinks it should not be there you can find someone who likes it. So to say that would kill the game makes for a grand assumption everyone is like you.

Hum, so if there was no AH this game would be a even bigger failure... is that what you are telling me? It appears you have much more time on your hands then I do. I want to spend my time farming for gear to gear myself and not sit for hours trying to find items or sell items on the AH.

so 15% of virtual money... hum never understood that either.

Diablo is about TRADING. The AH is a system that makes trading easier and takes a 15% cut for what it offers you. If there was no AH people would find other ways to trade, see Diablo 2, thanks.
1 Gnome Warrior
i would like to +1 this thread
i am nowhere near the level as your a op
but i find myself looking on 3rd party sites atm for upgrades mostly on my barb
there is nothing in the ah that will upgrade me.... if there is it cost 2bil and its a 1 or 2 k dps upgrade
i have about 10bil savings and looking for upgrades items that was worth 500mil a month ago are up to almost 2 bil this game needs not only to remove cap but to add gold sinks
gold has to gain a real money value again
op you barb is very gg and not one item can be upgraded from the ah or rmah.

ps is you say this is stupid or whatever it means you are broke or never found a item worth anything.
i just want to say if i find a perfect str mempo should that mean its worth 250$ or 2 bil
why when a 5cc 170 str one is with 2bil? gg items are pricey they do not go for 2bil.
if somone is out there willing to trade for or buy a gg item they should be aloud to without a 3rd party site...

and if anyone says anything about trade chat you are retarded we did that in d2 and it was pointless. most people just post crap in trade chat common when did you see something good there
Edited by jerkhumor#1264 on 4/29/2013 11:57 AM PDT
04/29/2013 03:17 AMPosted by Wukong
Ensuring that gold is sunk (via 15% tax) and that the transactions are safe.
I've pointed out time and again though that it's well known that people will not use the AH at all so they avoid the 15% fee. How come people don't address this?

If the cap was removed, even though players would lose the 15%...they would gain the safety of avoiding scams and or fraud via 3rd party sites or simply dishonest individuals who are looking to rob them in any way they can.

If you are spending north of 2B on an item, I'd assume u want the security that the items is indeed what you are buying and that u are guaranteed to receive it.

I've had experience with honest players dealing with items worth more than 2B in the game, but I consider myself lucky...it could have easily ended up with being scammed out of item and or gold.

In fact they already do, because the AH is irrelevant for top tier gear now because of the caps, WHICH IS THE POINT OF THIS THREAD.

Like talking to walls in here........

Sadly a lot of the player base doesn't seem to understand this point...in fact they probably won't until at some point their gear progression makes them go hmmm...I can't find an item here to upgrade for 2B...WTF...oh what...something is selling elsewhere for 5B...that's the point where they realize how ignorant they truly are about the topic in general.
04/29/2013 12:01 PMPosted by Supes
point where they realize how ignorant they truly are about the topic in general.

most people will never reach that state in this game
most people will go along with calling there 90dps ww barb gg
when they only put a 100mil into it
people we never understand the gamers that want to push to the next level
because to us its not enough that we can solo mp 10 ubers in 20 mins
now we want to do it in 10 mins.
diablo is a game where we strive to get stronger and better..
ps dont forget to show off
View profile
If they removed the cap then players would be putting in those godly items for around 100 billion gold+. So how could anyone ever be able to afford such an item. Also no cap on the RMAH would make it possible to launder money. Where the criminals that use D3 to launder money would say that I got that money from playing D3. Also there might even be another concern.

If there was no cap on the RMAH, then the RMAH might be seen as a true investment vehicle. Where a $250 cap cannot be seen as a true investment vehicle at all. With the cap, only a small amount of players would quit their day job in order to play D3 to make money.
If they removed the cap then players would be putting in those godly items for around 100 billion gold+. So how could anyone ever be able to afford such an item. Also no cap on the RMAH would make it possible to launder money.

As you said yourself, then those items won't sell unless lowering price to where buyers accept. Jesus -_- #

The second point about money laundering is outright stupid. Applying extremities, which everyone omits simply for convenience, to all circumstances, to advance your argument is really really childish.

RMAH being capable of being 'investment vehicle' or not is completely irrelevant to a ToS that bans using the game as investment vehicles...

not to mention, wtf, even if there's a cap anyone can easily use Diablo 3 as investment vehicle he can simply trade in gold and convert -_-#

I'm feeling dumber already.
Edited by Contra#6857 on 4/29/2013 12:32 PM PDT
I think it is insane that anything would even sell for 2 billion. I think the cap should be 1 million so no sympathy here for the cap. I mean could you imagine all the players being able to buy the gear they need? What a concept!

Can you also imagine them quitting 2 minutes later when they realize there isn't anymore point to the game?

/facepalm

Being able to afford things you can actually get without 8k+ hours of farming gold (for things at gold cap), buying it (illegitimately, because cheaters have ruined the efficacy of buying it legitimately) makes the game have no point?

Oh wait, it puts the point back into the hands of people who actually play, and not those who manipulate the economy by forcing prices up beyond reasonable values and validate taking advantage of cheaters and abusers.

I think that X person should be able to spend Y hours playing the game and gear their self without even using the AH.

So you basically want mini-wow minus raiding. So why did you buy Diablo? Because what you want is not what Diablo has ever been.

I beat D I and D II on all difficulties without ever having to buy items and hundreds of thousands of times more gold than I'd make on my own in a few thousand hours.

So, that's what Diablo has ALWAYS been. Until now, and only because to see legendary or set items in inferno, you need a ridiculous amount of progression that is held back by the economy.

I want to spend my time farming for gear to gear myself and not sit for hours trying to find items or sell items on the AH.

You are playing the wrong game. The second this game turns into what you want is the day the Diablo series dies.

That's what the rest of the series was like. Did you actually play them, or were you just sitting on the third party sites buying/selling things and not actually playing the game to see that those aspects were virtually identical, bar a lower rate of progression in D III?
Edited by Laoquinnas#1443 on 4/29/2013 12:32 PM PDT
I would just like to take the time and thank everyone for posting their opinions. I wasn't expecting this post to go anywhere. I'm glad some of you get the point of this post. The point is not that I am greedy. The point is I can't find anymore items on ah for upgrades. 2Bil will not get me the upgrades I need unless I camp the ah. Me I'm hyperactive and can't just sit here and hit enter or search for 2 months straight to find an upgrade. If cap was raised or uncapped. I would be able to come here and find and upgrade easy. I don't dare go to a 3rd party site and try to buy things from there cause I did it once in d2 and was scammed. Ya I was a noob and it was my fault for doing this and I learned my lesson. My other point is I am a fan of Diablo and want items to stay where they were intended to be. I don't want to go to some 3rd party site to find what I need. With the ah 2bil and rmah 250 cap it really forces those items to 3rd party sites. I'm not really sure I care bout the money cap cause 250 bucks is just really silly to pay. People do it so I say roll on big balla if ya got it heck use it the way it makes you happy. Just with a higher cap it will keep more of this top gold items remain where they belong. My thinkin was "all of us players" as a whole would benefit from this. Not just only I benefitting from it. You may not be there like guy said before in a previous post. But when you get to that wall like I have. You will understand fully the point of this. You will then realize how important this post really was. I'm hopin this post will break that wall before others reach it and become stuck like I have become. Being stuck starts to take away the feel for needing to play more cause you can't advance farther into the game. I'm not greedy I just wanna advance and get around this wall. Raising ah cap or uncapping it is the solution to breaking this wall for everyone in the game! Sorry bout this being so long. Once again I do thank you all for taking a lil bit of your time out of your day to voice your opinion. All diablo players are great we are just a lil different than the next.
04/29/2013 12:32 PMPosted by Overkill
The point is I can't find anymore items on ah for upgrades. 2Bil will not get me the upgrades I need unless I camp the ah

Just to add, you can't sell BISs on GAH either :)
Blizzard has essentially said the AH is a mistake, I do not think you are going to get what you want. No matter what they do, top tier items will always be traded elsewhere. The 2bil cap is actually probably a bit higher than it needs to be because I would wager that most people who use the AH probably never have near that amount of gold. This is supported by the fact that blizzard has not changed it and if they had the numbers to support the fact that there was a large amount of players sitting around with billions of gold and no where to spend it, they would have done something about it. Anyways as long as there is any sort of transaction fee, people will always find other ways to move their items, whether it be d2jsp or some other third party site. This 2bil cap is an issue to the majority of players for a different reason, they do not have that kind of gold so anything that gets place on AH at capped price will never be obtainable to them through the AH. I personally wish they would remove the AHs, fix the drop rates back to a level that does not take into account an easily accessible AH system and let us play like we used to in the good old days. I could care less how many people use 3rd party sights as it does not have any bearing on my playing.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]