Diablo® III

i think i understand why the trolls are here 24/7

(Locked)

Foreword: i freely admit launch version D3 was crap, but its been getting steadily better every 2-4 months patch by patch, plus there will be an Expansion eventually meaning likely more good features added into the game (also, warning, wall of text)

first off, they think whining 24/7 that D3 isnt D2 will actually help make it D2, this point is just to give some perspective to the issue

heres the real issue: their so mad about D3 NOT being D2 that they verbally attack/harass/annoy anyone who wants to enjoy D3 for the not-so-crappy game its become since after launch and they cause more problems in the games development than help

so now we come to the conclusion, they actually have no legit REASON to be mad, they foolishly bought D3 thinking it was D2 HD Edition or something it obviously wasnt, they chose to do that, nobody forced them to do so, they didnt take the time to realize Blizzard North no longer exists as a company so they blindly bought D3 assuming it would be similar to D2 in the ways they wanted

a bunch of fools if you want my view, just because Diablo 1/2 made Diablo a famous game franchise, doesnt mean every new numerical version of Diablo is going to be the same or even similar

their here and raging 24/7 because their mad about their own foolishness but dont want to be held accountable for their own mistakes, and they think the easiest way to get their goal of D2 HD Edition is to tick everyone else off
Edited by Lavos#1265 on 4/29/2013 8:29 AM PDT
Come on how do you really feel?
now as a second post, things different between D2 and D3 with some positive points for D3:

i personally enjoy D3 though i dont get as much time to play as id like, D2 was good, but it had its own set of problems aswell, several of those D2 problems were solved in D3, to name one - the removal of Elemental Weakness/Immunity of Monsters, let me just say ive played D2 for many years, and Hell was always annoying cus it didnt matter what area or map i was on, there was usually 1 monster that i literally COULDNT kill because it had ALL the immunities thanks to the stupid D2 system that gave monsters MORE Random Affixes as you went up in difficulty, so ive encountered many foes with Immune to all of the following: Poison, Cold, Lightning, Fire, Magic, Physical

to name another: having to run back to your corpse or save & exit to get your gear back if you died

also people claim D2 had "build diversity"...i call Bullcrap because no one character class in D2/LoD had more than 1 or 2 builds anyone used just because they were far more powerful/efficient than all the other possible builds, in D3 this same skill/class balance issue persists but its not as severe, there are more than 1-2 viable builds for running the difficulties, also the lack of Skill/Stat points and your Skill Damage being tied to Stats/Weapon also makes it literally impossible to screw up your build so bad youd have to delete a character

people also complain about the Itemization in D3 and make it sound like D2 was better, but it really wasnt, useless stuff dropped 24/7 in D2 aswell and getting the best Unique items could take a year cus the drop rate off act bosses for it was so pathetically low, for example the Tier 3 Heavy Crossbow Unique in D2, was an amazing heavy crossbow type weapon, but it only dropped off a few bosses in Hell at like a 0.00600~ chance even with 300+ Magic Find, most Magic gear wasnt worth using, Set gear wasnt any good in Hell thanks to the overpowered Runeword system that with the right combos made Hell into EZ-mode for ANY class unless you ran into one of those Immune to Everything monsters

people want Runes to come back in D3 but i for one DONT, itll just clutter up the itemization/loot tables even more making it worse than it already is when your gunning for specific Legendaries, also i think Runewords existing in D3 would totally debalance the game if they were even remotely like D2

im perfectly content with D3's system and im looking forward to the coming several patches and eventual expansion over the next many months, what id love to see personally in an Expansion is the return of the Necromancer/Druid classes (models for the Necromancers are already in D3 as Random Generated Event NPCs in Act 2 and Druid could do all sorts of Transformation stuff with the tech D3 has, such as how Wiz can turn into Archon and temporarily enable exclusive skills while disabling everything else sans Passives iirc) and id also like to possibly see the ability to have an Artisan that can put Sockets onto your items for a cost (be it gold, some negative effect like removing 1 random affix that the item had, etc)
toad if you think im one of those D3-hater-trolls your wrong, i feel the launch coulda been loads better, but im not writing off the D3 team for a mistake like that when other companies in recent years have done far worse stuff and not just limited to Game Launches

the D3 devs did make mistakes, but at least their trying to fix them in time

edit: and ive seen some of your posts here Toad, you seem to be one of the trolls around here, but its expected one or more would show up, affter all, im praising D3 for some of the stuff it DID do instead of hating on it, so my posts are inherent troll targets
Edited by Lavos#1265 on 4/29/2013 8:34 AM PDT
Im not a troll im a toad, get it right.
well TIme2kill, if they all left, then they werent millions and millions, and if they left just because D3 isnt D2 then their not true fans of the franchise now are they? thats like saying just because AVP2 on PC in 2001 wasnt made by Rebellion (who made AVP1 in 1999 on PC) that it CANT be a successful game or addition to the franchise, when in fact AVP2 is still being heavily played in Multiplayer to this day because of just how GOOD it was, its officially 12 years old and doesnt even have official servers anymore but that isnt stopping people

so to put this into perspective, what do you think trolling or berating D3s supporters, who are actually clear of mind and can think rationally, is going to accomplish? its not going to bring the game down judging by how many people still play and are still buying copies of the game

sure the trolls went on the net en-masse and posted biased reviews and scores for the game to make people think like they do, but it hasnt stopped the game yet and i dont expect it ever will
whoopadeedoo, im not new, owned a CE of D3 since launch, ill admit i havent made it into Inferno but i dont get alot of free time to play, also i dont really care what you think of my profile, because my profile doesnt actually mean anything...if D3 had a PVP Ladder i might consider your comment valid

also, troll, toad, same thing in this instance
Edited by Lavos#1265 on 4/29/2013 8:49 AM PDT
How about yo reach inferno first?

You're still in the cool part of D3 aka norm - hell.

Ty.
You have too much time invested into the people you call trolls. You need to grow up/mature a little. Just ignore these people and realize that they have zero actual effect on the development of this game.

Blizzard are the ones who decide in the end, and it has nothing to do with trolls. Changes generally happen for two reasons in a game:
1. To make more money
2. To fix and balance.

Theory crafting about trolls is one of the most pointless things you could do in your life. Please raise your personal bar to a higher level.
The reason why so many "trolls" are pissed is because to them its blatantly obvious what BlizzActiVindi did. All the !@#$ that is going to be in expansion was already in the "beta" version of the game and they ripped it out. They had another stash space and they took it out so they could include it in expansion. Its the whole "activision" thingy of making the core look as fluffy as possible while retaining as much as you can for future transaction. Where is the real act 4 and why was so much ripped out of the game and degresses as a whole from the series and literally degressed from beta.
how about you guys stop acting like children and thinking profile means anything, we dont have a PVP Ladder system so it doesnt really hold any weight guys, also im not praising D3 based on how much of the game ive completed

but as expected, anti-troll post using reason and logic lures in all the trolls because god forbid anyone praise D3 for anything

also if you think my posts are "pure troll" zaxxon i suggest you get your eyes checked, it actually does add to the community, it talks about why all the trolls are so ticked and why its pure childishness for them to be that way

but you wouldnt know that if you didnt read the posts now would you? i know people hate walls of text but come on, dont be lazy for something thatd take all of 2-3 min of your day...unless your at work or something, in which case why the heck would you be here in the first place?
Every day there's a new thread like that! Every effin' day! Move along, everybody, nothing to see here.
oh yes, here comes the blizz-activision conspiracy theorists

and woopadeedoo, if you had read my posts youd perhaps understand WHY i havent hit inferno since launch day, little time to play coupled with levelling multiple characters = not complete progress on any one character depending on how much time you even get to use for playing

also if anything woopadeedoo, your trolling because you think you have to reach inferno in order to mean anything, but im not going to go on a rant over that, ill just let you keep making an idiot out of yourself

and lastly, Zenjo, i honestly dont have much time invested against trolls, i dont post here alot, this is the first real anti-troll post ive ever made, and as you can see it had the normal side-effects of luring all the thinking-impaired people here, just as anyone else doing the same thing would, and yes i usually do ignore them but this post isnt retaliation against them, its simply making the issue more visible to everyone else

personally id love to login here and read some posts one day without the trolls ragging on everyone who doesnt agree with them, but thats likely wishful thinking

edit: and if theres a post like mine everyday then i have yet to see proof of it, maybe every week wouldd be more accurate
Edited by Lavos#1265 on 4/29/2013 9:04 AM PDT
Foreword: i freely admit launch version D3 was crap, but its been getting steadily better every 2-4 months patch by patch, plus there will be an Expansion eventually meaning likely more good features added into the game (also, warning, wall of text)

first off, they think whining 24/7 that D3 isnt D2 will actually help make it D2, this point is just to give some perspective to the issue

heres the real issue: their so mad about D3 NOT being D2 that they verbally attack/harass/annoy anyone who wants to enjoy D3 for the not-so-crappy game its become since after launch and they cause more problems in the games development than help

so now we come to the conclusion, they actually have no legit REASON to be mad, they foolishly bought D3 thinking it was D2 HD Edition or something it obviously wasnt, they chose to do that, nobody forced them to do so, they didnt take the time to realize Blizzard North no longer exists as a company so they blindly bought D3 assuming it would be similar to D2 in the ways they wanted

a bunch of fools if you want my view, just because Diablo 1/2 made Diablo a famous game franchise, doesnt mean every new numerical version of Diablo is going to be the same or even similar

their here and raging 24/7 because their mad about their own foolishness but dont want to be held accountable for their own mistakes, and they think the easiest way to get their goal of D2 HD Edition is to tick everyone else off
My points EXACTLY. I played both D1&2 and i still enjoy D3 although i admit it wasn't up to my expectations at launch but it has become a great game after a few patches and it can only get better with more patches(if idiots dont ruin the game).
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]