Diablo® III

How To Fix MF?

When playing on higher MPs, items that drop are more likely to roll higher stat ranges (including leg / set items). This will encourage people to gradually scale up the MP level, while still allowing people playing on lower MP levels to find gear (including potentially GG gear).

Yes / no? Right now, you're just as likely to find a GG leg / set item on lower MPs as on higher MPs.
Reply Quote
This is brought up a lot.

The argument: Up the difficulty. up the reward. I completely agree and it's logical.

The counter argument: The rich get richer. "It's not fair". Demon Hunters would cry even more.

The sad truth: Itemization is too bad for this to "fix" anything.
Edited by Apathy#1830 on 4/29/2013 11:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hm. Well anything that helps self-founders is good by me.
What's it going to take to fix itemization at this point?
Reply Quote
When playing on higher MPs, items that drop are more likely to roll higher stat ranges (including leg / set items). This will encourage people to gradually scale up the MP level, while still allowing people playing on lower MP levels to find gear (including potentially GG gear).

Yes / no? Right now, you're just as likely to find a GG leg / set item on lower MPs as on higher MPs.

If you increae the MP currently you increase the MF and the exp and you get bonus item drops. Why do we need something more? The MF bonus stacks over the cap and the exp bonus is nothing to sneeze at. If I play MP0 with 0 stacks I have 300 mf, If I play MP10 with 0 stacks I have 550 MF, then add in the fact that you have a 100% chance at a bonus item drop in MP10 and you get a lot more legendaries.

Currently I think it is working well, you are just as likely to find a GG leg/set on lower MPs but you will have a better chance at finding a leg/set on higher MPs. (and thus a higher chance at it being GG). This is all assuming you are farming efficiently.

I personally think it doesn't need to be changed and the recent exp bonuses for MP levels has incentivized players to play MP0-10 depending on their builds and other factors.
Reply Quote

Also, how is MF broken that it needs fixing? I get 5-7 legendaries an hour on my MP10 barb with max base MF. I get 0-2 legendaries an hour on my paragon level 24 monk. Seems like its working as intended.
Reply Quote
Currently I think it is working well, you are just as likely to find a GG leg/set on lower MPs but you will have a better chance at finding a leg/set on higher MPs. (and thus a higher chance at it being GG). This is all assuming you are farming efficiently.

correction, mf only increases your chance to get a set/leg drop, mf does not do anything for its stat ranges.
Reply Quote
04/29/2013 11:57 AMPosted by Imbafury

correction, mf only increases your chance to get a set/leg drop, mf does not do anything for its stat ranges.

That is exactly what I said. More leg drops mean more chance of getting a leg to drop which has high stats.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]