Diablo® III

Issues Switching Characters and Item Label Display

(Sticky)

05/07/2013 12:29 PMPosted by Grimiku
n the PTR forums as a bug, and is believed to be simply a tooltip/display issue, but it would be nice to have it co

No the inspiring presence IS working via the green ticks but its impossible to know my total new regen now with all the new multiplayer regn skills and hard to know my solo regen now
Reply Quote
Dear Blizzard, I know in the midst of everyone freaking out about bans and wanting rollbacks, I have noticed something mildly strange. I was wondering if you could please provide me with some feedback, perhaps I missed something in the patch notes.

I've been playing for awhile today and noticed on my barb that every group of elite mobs are acting as although they have "Avenger", yet it is not noted in the list of affixes that the elite group has.

Did I miss something in the patch notes, or is this just a glitch?

Any input by a Blue or any other member of this forum will be well appreciated, thank you very much!

P.S. My apologies go out to Blizzard and the developers on Diablo III, I know you all work very hard to make this game an amazing and unique experience for all, and it is rather saddening to watch all of the hate mail you have to put up with on a daily basis by players, ex-players, etc. Keep doing a great job!

~Undead
Reply Quote
P.S. My apologies go out to Blizzard and the developers on Diablo III, I know you all work very hard to make this game an amazing and unique experience for all, and it is rather saddening to watch all of the hate mail you have to put up with on a daily basis by players, ex-players, etc. Keep doing a great job!

~Undead

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Reply Quote
rofl
Reply Quote
I can overlook about any issue, and have. But seriously the Item Label Display issue is ruining D3 for me after being so excited for the new update. Why do we download the PTR and test it for you when you overlook simple things that are CONSTANTLY annoying. I always have it on toggle because I cannot stand having the labels disappear because I pick up so much useless junk and it slows the game down. I know my comment makes no difference but please get it resolved along with the auction house. This is unacceptable for a game to be broken like this, not even holding you to a higher standard just make the simple things function. Get it done by early tomorrow morning so I can attempt to enjoy the days I took off work to play this game. It makes me sick when issues like this come up and I know I defended you and all your quirks and issues and I get screwed. Also want to mention I have played hundreds of hours of diablo and it has never frozen and at the moment I killed the butcher the game froze so I lost my drops. Thanks for the absolutely disheartening !@#$ experience right off the bat of 1.0.8
Reply Quote
http://i.imgur.com/QdxTpZL.jpg
hybrid dh checkin in.
the more serious post a blue should make is what is happening with this duped gold? yes banwave but are we having a rollback or not?
Reply Quote
05/07/2013 06:12 PMPosted by Vega
No the inspiring presence IS working via the green ticks but its impossible to know my total new regen now with all the new multiplayer regn skills and hard to know my solo regen now

Replace one piece of gear with another that provides more HP.
Reply Quote
Was checking in this thread for news on the push-to-show issue I tend to farm mats for crafting and picking up so much salvage gear takes forever without being able to rely on easy access to looting.''

Has anyone found a temp fix or solution that they would care to share with those of us having trouble here.
Reply Quote
Also look into the desync that occurs quite often with WW barbs
Reply Quote
First of all, thank you for the different updates post 1.08. Communication to your community is good.

WRT to the character selection screen (I think I was first to report it so I should get a prize...maybe a signed copy of the expansion!), I noticed that the correct hero shows after selection, but the selection timing is much slower than it used to be. I used to be able to flip between heros (I'd do that for checking and moving gear) with no noticeable delay. Now, it takes at least 1-3 seconds.
Reply Quote
View profile
if you guys are done with the AH please fix this asap, thanks.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Hardcore)
View profile
Another bug is that barbarian Inspiring Presence may or may not be affecting the barb himself. This was reported in the PTR forums as a bug, and is believed to be simply a tooltip/display issue, but it would be nice to have it confirmed. Is everyone but the barb getting the buff, or is the barb also getting it, too?

Thanks for the report. We sent this up so it could be looked at as well. Of course, as soon as we have an update we'll let you all know. Thanks again!

EDIT: So, we've seen multiple posts from players saying that Inspiring Presence is not affecting the Barbarian or other party members. When these posts first started to appear, we were pretty darn sure everything was working correctly. Your reports mean a lot to us, though, so we decided to hop into the game to do some testing of our own. We were able to confirm that everyone in the party was benefiting from the appropriate amount of additional regeneration, but the way Inspiring Presence it works in 1.0.8 visually is a little tricky. It now works similarly to a heal-over-time spell, which prevents it from updating in the details section of the character stat window.

I think it's important that I let you know how we tested it, so you can see it for yourself. The first step is to turn on Healing numbers. You can do this in Options > Gameplay > Display Healing Numbers. Make sure you have no Shouts activated, and remove a piece of gear with Vitality on it. Once you put that piece of Vitality gear back on, you should notice a green number floating off of your characters head, and that's how much Life you're regenerating every half second. Next, perform a Shout that will activate Inspiring Presence, and you (and your party members) should notice a distinct increase in that number.

We agree that this can be confusing for players, so we’re taking a look at how to make those values more noticeable. Beyond that, we don't have any additional information about if or when Inspiring Presence will update the Life Regeneration stat in the character pane, but we'll let you know when we do.

I just wanted to post a thank-you to the CMs for looking into the reports about Inspiring Presence, and updating us all on it. I know lots of far more serious issues reared their ugly heads in 1.08, but thanks for following up on this for us!

Galx
Reply Quote
First of all, thank you for the different updates post 1.08. Communication to your community is good.

WRT to the character selection screen (I think I was first to report it so I should get a prize...maybe a signed copy of the expansion!), I noticed that the correct hero shows after selection, but the selection timing is much slower than it used to be. I used to be able to flip between heros (I'd do that for checking and moving gear) with no noticeable delay. Now, it takes at least 1-3 seconds.
^

should get a prize ? lol
Don`t be that greedy.. :/
Reply Quote
View profile
05/07/2013 11:57 AMPosted by Lylirra
Item Label Display is reverting back to "Push to Show" after changing it to another setting.

Is there a timeline on this issue b/c honestly it's annoying if you are a speedy cm wiz. Takes too long to pick up lootz!
Reply Quote
Fix this first. It's annoying to play with a dozen dozen random useless items blaring out ads at my eyes.

http://cdn.journalism.cuny.edu/blogs.dir/21/files/2010/10/P10408561.jpg
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23627247.jpg

Seriously. It's like that. Turn off the freaking item displays, period. When I want to see them I can press alt. The moment I let go of alt, it means I don't want to see them again until I press alt again. =_=
Reply Quote
  • Item Label Display is reverting back to "Push to Show" after changing it to another setting.

That's not the bug I'm having at all in reference to the Item Label Display. The bug I'm encountering is that all item labels are displayed permanently and I can't make them go away.
Reply Quote
i'm glad to hear you have a solution for this, its driving me nuts trying to sort through loot on the ground. thank god legendaries have a mini map icon now when they drop. thanks for that !!
Reply Quote
Could you PLEASE change the item display settings?

Not sure how long it would take to come up with a fix, but I'm assuming relatively simpler than your audit procedures at the moment?

Thanks
Reply Quote
05/07/2013 05:30 PMPosted by BlayneRTFM
As someone said, I also noticed that you have to continually hold the alt key down to see items on the ground. Item names disappear as soon as you release the key. Not sure if this is a bug or intended but, just though I'd let you know in case it is a minor bug.

This is a completely normal function if you have the option set to "Push to Show", and the "Always Show Item Labels on Drop" disabled. In fact, this is the configuration I've always used, because it is most similar to Diablo 2's default style.

You're lucky in that you have your labels behaving normally (albeit not the way you prefer)... because some of us have the labels permanently visible and cannot be disabled, even if we press the corresponding key bind.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]