Diablo® III

Auction Houses Up and Running

(Sticky)

Bravo, Blizz. :')
WoW... So by your own admission you decided to leave duped gold in the economy instead of a 6 hour rollback.

... Reading comprehension is whaaaaaaaat.

05/10/2013 09:50 PMPosted by Jt3z
WoW... So by your own admission you decided to leave duped gold in the economy instead of a 6 hour rollback.
Did you not read the post moron?

Let's try to be smart and go after a guy who just read between the lines.

05/10/2013 09:40 PMPosted by John Hight
As of this this post, we have already recaptured more than 85% of the excess gold from the accounts involved, and over the days ahead we will continue to pore over our audit data to reclaim as much duplicate currency as possible.

Even 15% of TRILLIONS is more than enough to rock the economy. If you're going to call the guy a moron, don't make yourself look like one.
Reply Quote
Small number my !@#.

I'm flat out calling you a liar.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
All the good changes like mob density, and future changes like itemization, D3 would look better no doubt, but what is the point?

I played a few hours after the patch and I realized something is not working again, you know you can disable the item name/tooltip on the floor? It doesn't work now and my screen is flooded with items I don't want to see, this is something very fundamental, so I don't know how is this patch released with so many mistakes, schoolboy mistakes.

You put up a PTR realm for people to do free testing for you, we are free labor, you get us to work for free, yet this is the result, you don't really care about making sure everything is done right before you release new contents.

Maybe it's our fault, we burn new contents too fast, you want to remain at the top of the gaming industry, so you are forced to release 'new' contents(lol pvp) in a hurry.

The way you handle the AH crap, it's a slap in the face for those who did not cheat or take advantage of the situation(especially true if you just bought this game, you should refund it as soon as possible). 100m items are listed at 1bil. The only people who will enjoy this game are the dirty ones who benefited from selling items worth 300m to dupers for 2bil, to me that is just as bad as duping gold.

But you are just going to ignore or pretend you didn't see this post until the dirty gold is distributed throughout the playerbase so that prices will start to dip, then you will come out from the cave and make a shiny blue post saying that the economy is fine, saying it will never get anywhere close to the price it used to because of inflation, but will try to implement more gold sink blah blah blah.

So what happens when you screw up again and thousands of people are duping gold using the bug again? No roll back, watch 1m gold in 1.0.7 worth 10k gold in 1.0.9.

You are going to guarantee you won't make the same mistake? Well I'm sure I'm not the only one who's read "The boy who cried wolf".
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 09:54 PMPosted by Jt3z
aha, they just admitted that the duped gold is still in the economy from all the sales
Again another idiot that doesnt have any reading comprehension skills whatsoever.

You're a moron, read the post. They got 85% of the duped gold.

Simple math.. what is 15% of TRILLIONS duped? Right... Run along little boy.
Reply Quote
So no comment on gem sales?

I'll pass on 1.08 and hope for a true itemization fix in 1.09 since I won't be able to afford upgrades on the AH.

Not doing a rollback does not restore my confidence in the games integrity. Please fix itemization so players have the option to upgrade from drops without resorting to the AH.

Congratz to all the players who were enriched by playing D3: Black Market Edition.
Reply Quote
Bravo, Blizz. :')

... Reading comprehension is whaaaaaaaat.

05/10/2013 09:50 PMPosted by Jt3z
Did you not read the post moron?

Let's try to be smart and go after a guy who just read between the lines.

As of this this post, we have already recaptured more than 85% of the excess gold from the accounts involved, and over the days ahead we will continue to pore over our audit data to reclaim as much duplicate currency as possible.

Even 15% of TRILLIONS is more than enough to rock the economy. If you're going to call the guy a moron, don't make yourself look like one.

Math is dfficult for the useful idiots isnt it. lol they still wont comprehend after this
Reply Quote
I feel that Blizz did their best to take care of the situation. There is no perfect solution but the situation seemingly was handled well. We will see how ah pans out over the next few days. Good job blizz and no I didn't benefit one bit from any of this.
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 09:55 PMPosted by Alcheya
Where did you get the trillions part? They never said billions were in the AH they said billions 15% although a lot wont destroy the ah it will still take a couple days for everything to balance out though.
Reply Quote
I quoted a mis quote nevermind
Edited by Rezakhan#1449 on 5/10/2013 10:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I hope children from the charities ask blizzard where did this money come from.
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 09:59 PMPosted by Jt3z
Where did you get the trillions part? They never said billions were in the AH they said billions 15% although a lot wont destroy the ah it will still take a couple days for everything to balance out though.

..... I personally know dupers who had already duplicated in excess of 350-400 billion. There were many many more doing much more duping over the course of the hours it was up. It was trillions.. Notice they didn't give that number? Know why? Yea...

Worst is yet to come buddy.
Reply Quote
I hope you are also looking at bringing criminal charges against them. It isn't a game exploit the second they involved the rmah.
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 09:55 PMPosted by evok
So those buying and selling gems as well as those that sold garbage for hugely inflated prices get to keep the gold because they didn't directly exploit the system? Need clarification on this point please....

he said that so far they have remover 85%, meaning that they are still going and removing the rest of the money, and likely refunding people their items.
>lrn2comprehend
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 09:57 PMPosted by Drewbotski
Math is dfficult for the useful idiots isnt it. lol they still wont comprehend after this
Someone needs to go back to school
Reply Quote
Guys the AH will be fine, relax
Reply Quote
Cool

We'll also be donating all proceeds from auctions conducted by the suspended or banned players—including all of THEIR sale proceeds that we intercepted as well as our transaction fee—to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.

^^^ Brilliant idea
Reply Quote
But how can we know everything you said is actually true and not just a PR stunt?
Reply Quote
Many people bought and sold items and gold on the Auction House on Tuesday. We're making sure that all legitimate transactions go through. This means that if your account was not involved in the exploit, you will get to keep your items and gold, as well as any money you received from sales on the real-money Auction House. We'll also be donating all proceeds from auctions conducted by the suspended or banned players—including all of THEIR sale proceeds that we intercepted as well as our transaction fee—to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. Thank You!

That is just fantastic! Great call on giving the proceeds to charity, that's really admirable coming from a company as gigantic as Blizzard.

As of this this post, we have already recaptured more than 85% of the excess gold from the accounts involved, and over the days ahead we will continue to pore over our audit data to reclaim as much duplicate currency as possible. We've also done a full audit of our code to help make sure that something like this doesn't happen again..

Are people missing the part where they are continuing to remove duped gold?
Reply Quote
I personally know dupers who had already duplicated in excess of 350-400 billion. There were many many more doing much more duping over the course of the hours it was up. It was trillions.. Notice they didn't give that number? Know why? Yea...
Worst is yet to come buddy.
So you personally know someone out of the 415 reported to have sinned. Gotcha
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]