Diablo® III

PC account on PS3 / PS4?

People probably have already asked this but I can't seem to find it anywhere. When D3 is released on the PS3 / PS4, Can I use my D3 PC account on the PS3 / PS4?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I'm moving this thread to the Console Discussion forum, since your question is a better fit there.

You will not be able to use your Diablo III PC characters on the console version of Diablo III or vice-versa.
Reply Quote
Well that is extremely depressing to hear...
Edited by Farbezma#1914 on 5/10/2013 2:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Would have been nice to be able to port over :)
Reply Quote
what about using the same names, and coordinating other things like battle.net accounts and friends?
Reply Quote
Would it be possible to have it like PTR were u copy your characters from main servers? And make the items BoA if thats a concern?
Reply Quote
I was wondering if you guys could at least have some sort of one time transfer for us loyal PC players of your game. Maybe some sort of one time option to download our toons/stash/gold in a ps3 save format.

Just a thought. I love the game and I'm dreading the idea of starting over but at the same time I'm an avid console gamer and will definitely be picking it up for ps3.
Reply Quote
That's so sad...
If I could play with my PC account and characters, I'd already bought my pre-order...
1000% sure that I could pay again for the game, just for playing my PC account in my PS3.
Reply Quote
I would've preordered it immediately if it did transfer. It would also help the PC gamers not feel alienated that they (we) were playing the "beta version".
Reply Quote
THAT IS SAD
Reply Quote
05/11/2013 10:04 AMPosted by lild1425
I would've preordered it immediately if it did transfer. It would also help the PC gamers not feel alienated that they (we) were playing the "beta version".

I completely agree.

Unless Blizz supports cross-platform characters, or PC players get a huge, and i mean MONUMENTAL discount on the console version, I wont buy it, purely because of the fact that PC players essentially beta'd for the consoles (and the fact that I would have to start all characters over again).
This could be done by purchasing a redeemable code via Bnet that could be used on the consoles' stores to get a digital copy of the game. Of course, you would need D3 and a limit of 1 coupon/system/account. You would get your money, and PC players would feel happier about the whole situation, rather than purchasing the beta, then purchasing the console version as well.

also: I wish PC version would support controllers natively, but you most likely wont add that feature, as its a mouse/keyboard game.
Reply Quote
05/09/2013 04:47 PMPosted by Vaeflare
You will not be able to use your Diablo III PC characters on the console version of Diablo III or vice-versa.

Well that settles it. Not going to buy the console version of it. It would have been really nice since I game on the Xbox primarily and I would love to be able to Use Voice chat with my Friends. I only come back to this game every once in a while to see if it's improved any. I even had to upgrade my PC just to play it when it first came out.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
05/09/2013 05:54 PMPosted by JackOfHearts
what about using the same names, and coordinating other things like battle.net accounts and friends?

The console versions will use their respective online platforms to handle things like account names and friends. Battle.net will not be connecting to these platforms, so all of these features you mentioned will be independent of each other, and unable to share information.
Reply Quote
06/13/2013 02:35 PMPosted by Grimiku

The console versions will use their respective online platforms to handle things like account names and friends. Battle.net will not be connecting to these platforms, so all of these features you mentioned will be independent of each other, and unable to share information.

can we please get this information added to a FAQ or sticky or something?

it's asked almost hourly. and many PC players seem confused about just how separate the PC and Console D3 ecosystems are going to be.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Mage
ok so after extensive research into this matter this is what i know from a friend who actually works for blizzard
1.there will be no way to port characters from the pc version to console since battle.net will not be supporting console version it will strictly be handled by psn.
2.auction house has been removed for the conosole version however you still be able to share items with friends whether online or offline
3.this is just rumor no fact to it just yet but rune placement for your items may have been removed for console version no truth to this just yet.and yes i know this would suck.
Reply Quote
View profile
ok so after extensive research into this matter this is what i know from a friend who actually works for blizzard
1.there will be no way to port characters from the pc version to console since battle.net will not be supporting console version it will strictly be handled by psn.
2.auction house has been removed for the conosole version however you still be able to share items with friends whether online or offline
3.this is just rumor no fact to it just yet but rune placement for your items may have been removed for console version no truth to this just yet.and yes i know this would suck.

I've never even heard of number 3.

Also you don't need inside information to know the top 2 facts. I know (and I have worked with people from Blizzard for many years in the past) and they don't say anything, so I highly doubt you got someone to cough up information.
Reply Quote
that's too bad they would have received another $59 maybe they can change their minds and email me :)

and it most likely be a pointless transfer I would regret later down because if blizzard isn't keeping up on it and leaving it to psn it will turn into just another over duped game where everyone has the best equipment
Edited by ToXiCoLoGY#1757 on 9/4/2013 4:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
that sucks that we can't port our characters from pc to ps3 because i've spent almost 300hrs working on my barb and really don't wanna start over on ps3 :-/
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
maybe in another 12 years we'll be able to port over? soooo laaaaame!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]