Diablo® III

Official Ladder support thread ;)

Only for people who want to support the idea of a ladder.... make your own thread for negativity!

im +1 for reasons that have been rehashed quite often just to freshen up the economy and let players who want to return have a reasonable reason/avenue to do so without being way behind inflation!

Also an excuse to re roll characters!
Reply Quote
+1

I like how idiots say "NOOOOO I don't want my character being wiped.", you do realize there were ladder & non-ladder modes right?
Reply Quote
+1 for ladder mode.
-1 for ladder-only features.
Reply Quote
i was shocked when i installed this game, and realized there was no ladder.. i'm like where the hell is it?

add ladder, and keep the RMAH out of it.
Edited by CherryBlue#1243 on 6/9/2013 1:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
+1 for ladder
another +1 to get offline.
Reply Quote
+1 ladder please I don't think we will get the ladder features though.....stupid rmah
Reply Quote
I support PvP Ladder, Arena Ladder, Clan Ladder, or any other form of Ladder that do not segregate the player-base.

I do not support Ladder if it's like Diablo 2's ladder. We do not need that kind of ladder right now... maybe after the last XPAC, but not right now.
Reply Quote
To OP, get your toon to above P70 & more than 25k elite kills, then come back and see if you're as fervent in wanting a ladder system.
Reply Quote
To me it's a no-brainer. +1

Edit: It seems some people kind of miss the point of an arpg vs an mmo. In an arpg you're not supposed to have just one character with a million elite kills you're supposed to reroll and want to reroll and try different builds and characters etc. This is why a ladder would add longevity and replay value that is true to an arpg rather than just keep adding content and power to existing characters like an mmo.
Edited by GeorgAnatoly#1692 on 6/9/2013 1:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
To OP, get your toon to above P70 & more than 25k elite kills, then come back and see if you're as fervent in wanting a ladder system.

What's that got to with Ladder?

Ladder would provide a much needed soft gear reset option that would increase the replay value of D3. Paragon doesn't provide replay value past 100, and for many it doesn't even provide replay value past level Paragon 4 or 5, it's just something extra that happens while farming for gear.

Ladder has my support.

Though I'm curious which features people would like to see in Ladder. I know the ones I'd like to see. I'll list mine in the hopes that others will either agree or share their own wants. :)

- No RMAH
- Everything starts at ZERO at Season Start (Blacksmith, Jeweler, Stash, etc)
- Stash is not shared with non-ladder (similar to SC vs HC)
- Ladder has its own GAH separate from non-ladder (again, similar to SC vs HC)
- Ladder-specific affixes on gear and mobs. At Season End, characters with Ladder-specific gear keep that gear but it becomes BOA, allowing the gear to be used by the player's non-Ladder alts
- MF/GF cap removed for Ladder

I had more in my head when I started this post. Those are things I'd like to see. As I said, would love to hear other's ideas. ^_^
Reply Quote

What's that got to with Ladder?

Ladder would provide a much needed soft gear reset option that would increase the replay value of D3. Paragon doesn't provide replay value past 100, and for many it doesn't even provide replay value past level Paragon 4 or 5, it's just something extra that happens while farming for gear.

Ladder has my support.

Though I'm curious which features people would like to see in Ladder. I know the ones I'd like to see. I'll list mine in the hopes that others will either agree or share their own wants. :)

- No RMAH
- Everything starts at ZERO at Season Start (Blacksmith, Jeweler, Stash, etc)
- Stash is not shared with non-ladder (similar to SC vs HC)
- Ladder has its own GAH separate from non-ladder (again, similar to SC vs HC)
- Ladder-specific affixes on gear and mobs. At Season End, characters with Ladder-specific gear keep that gear but it becomes BOA, allowing the gear to be used by the player's non-Ladder alts
- MF/GF cap removed for Ladder

I had more in my head when I started this post. Those are things I'd like to see. As I said, would love to hear other's ideas. ^_^

1) Claim that you have the choice of playing Ladder and Non-ladder.
2) Makes Ladder specific benefits.

Remember Diablo 2? The overwhelming majority stopped using their non-ladder character. It's not a choice. You're forcing ladder on everyone (95%).
Reply Quote

Remember Diablo 2? The overwhelming majority stopped using their non-ladder character. It's not a choice. You're forcing ladder on everyone (95%).

You do have the choice. Just like you have the choice between HC and SC. SC has the benefit of never losing the gear you've acquired, which is obviously a huge advantage over HC. And yet, people still play HC.

So how exactly are people "forced" to play Ladder?
Reply Quote

That's the only difference between the two. You seem to quickly step away from the inclusion most players want for ladder that honestly doesn't belong.

And having a choice that is illusory doesn't mean you truly have one after all. Kind of like claiming that permanency for skill choices exists when it's only there to incentivize releveling. Much like ladder seasons.

You're ultimately changing nothing about how the economy functions, so it's only going to be fresh for one day. Then cheaters and trade magnates gain control over regular people, and you're back in the exact same situation except now you have nothing to work with.

Oh right, now I remember why I stopped playing D2, other lame arpgs and virtually every mud that wiped regularly yet was designed around mechanics that functioned based on time investment and individual progression instead of mass group or factions.
Reply Quote

You do have the choice. Just like you have the choice between HC and SC. SC has the benefit of never losing the gear you've acquired, which is obviously a huge advantage over HC. And yet, people still play HC.

=> People want the best gear
=> Ladder drops the best gear
=> People play ladder for the best gear
=> Those people are not playing Ladder for "ladder", they are playing it because you forced them to play it to get the best loot. You gave them the illusion of choice. That's like saying "You can max Ice Blast or Ice Bolt". You have a choice. One does less damage and will only slow them while the other one deals more damage and will freeze them... but you have a choice!

You play HC and SC differently. In HC, shields are valuable. People go for defensive stats first, then offensive. SC is more focused on offense. People actually craft "vitality" gear instead of "primary stats".

SC ladder and SC ladder are played the exact same way. They contribute nothing to the game, except to segregate the player-base.
Reply Quote
That's the only difference between the two. You seem to quickly step away from the inclusion most players want for ladder that honestly doesn't belong.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience in D2.

=> Those people are not playing Ladder for "ladder", they are playing it because you forced them to play it to get the best loot. You gave them the illusion of choice. That's like saying "You can max Ice Blast or Ice Bolt". You have a choice. One does less damage and will only slow them while the other one deals more damage and will freeze them... but you have a choice!

You play HC and SC differently. In HC, shields are valuable. People go for defensive stats first, then offensive. SC is more focused on offense. People actually craft "vitality" gear instead of "primary stats".

SC ladder and SC ladder are played the exact same way. They contribute nothing to the game, except to segregate the player-base.

You're one of those "all or nothing" types. Either it's completely 100% better than what already exists or it can't be done. Luckily, game designers aren't so uncreative and limited.
Reply Quote
06/09/2013 02:33 PMPosted by Caz

I'm sorry you had a bad experience in D2.

You're one of those "all or nothing" types. Either it's completely 100% better than what already exists or it can't be done. Luckily, game designers aren't so uncreative and limited.

Wth are you talking about?

I made thread about creating Ladder PvP/Arena. I suggested some soft item-sink. I'm not against the idea of having a ladder. I'm against your kind of ladder because it brings absolutely nothing to the game. My type of ladder doesn't segregate the playerbase. You can participate in it or not --- it doesn't really matter. You can still play together.

If someone left the game, the ladder reset might make him come back, but he's going to leave the game again since whatever made him leave was not fixed. Your type of ladder offers the illusion of choice. My type of ladder offers them a choice. The time spent was not in vain, as you can always switch "between ladder" and "non-ladder" at any time.
Reply Quote
Wth are you talking about?

I made thread about creating Ladder PvP/Arena. I suggested some soft item-sink. I'm not against the idea of having a ladder. I'm against your kind of ladder because it brings absolutely nothing to the game. My type of ladder doesn't segregate the playerbase. You can participate in it or not --- it doesn't really matter. You can still play together.

Ladder, but it's nature, segregates the community. Just like SC and HC do.

You're saying that the items in Ladder have to be "AMG TEH BEST OF TEH BESTEST". Which is why I said you're one of those "all or nothing" types. The affixes don't have to be game breaking, which you obviously thought was what I was implying. The affixes don't even necessarily have to impact combat or character power, which is what I was referring to about you being uncreative and limited in your thinking.

I was trying to be positive, but yet again, like moths to flames, the drama trolls have to spew their limited views on cool ideas.

Get out of your box. Think. See that the way things have been done is not the only way they can be done. D2's Ladder had its flaws. Do you seriously believe that everyone asking for Ladder expects a pure copy/paste of D2's Ladder, flaws and all? Or do you think people want a Ladder with the positives and improvements? I know which one I think people want. But based on your replies to me, I'm inclined to believe you think we're asking for the former rather than the latter.

Seriously, get out of your box. There's so much potential when you think creatively.

06/09/2013 02:40 PMPosted by DoomBringer
If someone left the game, the ladder reset might make him come back, but he's going to leave the game again since whatever made him leave was not fixed. Your type of ladder offers the illusion of choice. My type of ladder offers them a choice. The time spent was not in vain, as you can always switch "between ladder" and "non-ladder" at any time.

Then you don't know what Ladder is.

When you can leave Ladder and then come back, with better gear and better power, you're negated the entire purpose of a Ladder system.
Edited by Caz#1594 on 6/9/2013 2:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]