Diablo® III

Official Ladder support thread ;)

06/12/2013 10:06 AMPosted by Garret99
and is there any reason's you have to present to us to back up any of this because I welcome debate :P

Back up my opinion... okay. I think so. There.
Reply Quote
It goes against 'their ideas' for the game.. but that sounds absolutely legit to me.
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 10:45 AMPosted by Zaxxon23
+1 for ladder asap . I played diablo 2 on and off for 14 years purely for the ladder.

No you didn't. Ladder didn't reset in that game until about five years after release.

What is with all you weirdos who actually believe resettable ladders are a core diablo concept? Surely you must not have played the game until well after its prime....in which case you are the last people with any sort of credibility on this topic.

3 years after release actually.... and because we played the game and enjoyed the ladder? Our subjective experiences cannot be discounted by you insulting people...
Reply Quote
94 Undead Warlock
To OP, get your toon to above P70 & more than 25k elite kills, then come back and see if you're as fervent in wanting a ladder system.

What's that got to with Ladder?

Ladder would provide a much needed soft gear reset option that would increase the replay value of D3. Paragon doesn't provide replay value past 100, and for many it doesn't even provide replay value past level Paragon 4 or 5, it's just something extra that happens while farming for gear.

Ladder has my support.

Though I'm curious which features people would like to see in Ladder. I know the ones I'd like to see. I'll list mine in the hopes that others will either agree or share their own wants. :)

- No RMAH
- Everything starts at ZERO at Season Start (Blacksmith, Jeweler, Stash, etc)
- Stash is not shared with non-ladder (similar to SC vs HC)
- Ladder has its own GAH separate from non-ladder (again, similar to SC vs HC)
- Ladder-specific affixes on gear and mobs. At Season End, characters with Ladder-specific gear keep that gear but it becomes BOA, allowing the gear to be used by the player's non-Ladder alts
- MF/GF cap removed for Ladder

I had more in my head when I started this post. Those are things I'd like to see. As I said, would love to hear other's ideas. ^_^

lol the senseless "No rmah". So then they all go to the 3rd party vendors just as they did in D2. Really did you ever even play the ladder in D2. @ days, bot are running , before the end of the week the hacks an 3rd party vendors are in place. After that their customers rule the ladder. Of course they all forget that the dupes in D2 greatly modified ladder play. You would almost never find a legit zod in a ladder season.
Reply Quote
selffound ladder please
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 10:45 AMPosted by Zaxxon23
+1 for ladder asap . I played diablo 2 on and off for 14 years purely for the ladder.

No you didn't. Ladder didn't reset in that game until about five years after release.

What is with all you weirdos who actually believe resettable ladders are a core diablo concept? Surely you must not have played the game until well after its prime....in which case you are the last people with any sort of credibility on this topic.

this man is correct, ladders were implemented later because of dupes, to give people the opportunity to play in a place where theres only legit items.

nevertheless it BECAME a core d2 concept
Reply Quote
-1 no need for more nonsense, keep everyone on 1
Reply Quote
Our subjective experiences cannot be discounted by you insulting people...

Yet your lack of time investment in this game can.

3 years after release actually....

Not even close

Really....

http://diablo.gamepedia.com/Ladder You can find multiple sites talking about how it came with the release of patch 1.10 which was october 2003 so yea your wrong there....

If you dont know the release date Diablo came out june something in the year 2000

So really your just spouting when you dont actually know what your talking about you just said it was introduced near the end of its life cycle... lol its still being played now and the ladder came out in 2003 so your giving some funky info here pal

And dude iv played like 300 hours what kind of ridiculous amount of hour stipulation is there to have an opinion on a game :S
Edited by Garret99#1779 on 6/12/2013 11:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ladder will be an expansion feature, they know we all want it
Same as Endless Dungeon
Reply Quote
You can find multiple sites talking about how it came with the release of patch 1.10 which was october 2003 so yea your wrong there....

I stand corrected.

And dude iv played like 300 hours what kind of ridiculous amount of hour stipulation is there to have an opinion on a game :S

300 hours is nothing for a game of this nature. Your highest plvl appears to be 16. You've barely touched this game, certainly put minimal effort into it; and now think that you're going to erase the hundreds upon hundreds of hours people have put into plvling to a high level?

You're delusional.

I don't wanna be one of the people that uses this argument I really really don't but seriously people do not have to dedicate their lives to a video game to know if its good.... Iv also had a couple 60 hardcores die at least one of them some shud be saved in the hall of whatever....

" put minimal effort into it" I just play my computer game for enjoyment and I do the best I can when I do I'm not sure what minimal effort implies. Anyway im leaving both those arguments behind and if u have something to say about the actual ladder concept sure il argue on because thats how smartphones can keep me occupied. However referencing peoples gear and time played does not change their opinion you can have a good handle on the economy of this game just by scrolling the auction house for a little while you get to see every price and how fast they get bought out. and again just because YOU don't like the idea of a ladder does not mean many people don't you cant state objective truth's that are only subjective to you,

Really bottom line it just bug's me people are just giving there opinion on whether or not they like the idea of a ladder, It's just players themselves stating what they'd like about the game, its fine if you disagree and want to present an idea but its not fair to anyone to go ahead telling them their opinion means nothing/is invalidated because they don't have weeks of in game time piled up.
Edited by Garret99#1779 on 6/12/2013 11:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
economy does need to be refreshed +1
Reply Quote
again just because YOU don't like the idea of a ladder does not mean many people don't you cant state objective truth's that are only subjective to you,

The game is clearly not made for a resettable ladder. Neither was D2.

Answer this. What is the primary reason Blizzard implemented a resettable ladder?

Now you may come up with some reasons about how it might be fun or whatever; but the reality is that the ladder reset was only put in place to deal with the out of control dupes and botting, which quite specifically caused item saturation.

ITEM SATURATION is THE prime motive for an economy reset. And that makes sense, when that time arrives. However that time will not arrive in D3 anytime soon. First, the items that are supposed to be rare now are still rare. When the day arrives that people stop complaining about the high cost of top items, then you will know that item saturation has arrived.

Yet, since D3 is still "in production" if you will, this won't happen for some time. Why? Because an itemization refresh is incoming, which will likely obsolete much of the current best gear. Then, we can expect an expansion likely sometime in 2014. Item refresh AGAIN.

Diablo is a long-term item hunting game. Any cursory understanding of the drop rates (both in D2 and D3) show this. You cannot have a long-term item hunting game with ladder resets. And that's why it's not going to happen until this game is done for and put into maintenance mode.

Of course, it's not like I haven't explained this about 100 times.

Then stop explaining it i'm not asking you to rehash something I understand. Your not going to change my mind, im probably not going to change your's because neither of us can present anything that could possibly concretely say a ladder would be a sure good/bad thing.

I only present that I personally think many people at this time in THIS game would enjoy/play if there was a ladder reset(preferably with the new itemization patch) and my only argument against what your stating is that without a marked increase in difficulty a new item patch will not change how powerful all the CD and CC item's are it will just add new top tier items and saturate the market more. You disagree? I know you do great.

But this thread is about voicing your support and or arguing the merit of a ladder. Stating your right and everyone else is wrong and accompanying it with an explanation that is more debatable than you either believe or will admit changes nothing. I'm just standing up for why I believe it would be good and for the rights of other's to voice there opinion on the topic without prejudice to their life's dedication to time of the game. Im not asking you not to argue or voice your opinion just do it through thing's that are relevant/not insulting. and again my goal isn't to have godly item's so no I don't need to be Plvl 100 to prepare
Edited by Garret99#1779 on 6/12/2013 11:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
+1 for ladder, been saying this since release.
Reply Quote

no, at least, I don't think it was the core diablo concept but since this game is much hollow than diablo 2, a ladder would help ignite the spark of motivation to continue playing. *Diablo II had gone for five years before they have the *ladder... I think this game should have it after a year after its release. Since this game is more than five times empty than diablo 2.
Edited by MisterAjikko#1937 on 6/12/2013 12:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote

no, at least, I don't think it was the core diablo concept but since this game is much hollow than diablo 2, a ladder would help ignite the spark of motivation to continue playing. *Diablo II had gone for five years before they have the *ladder... I think this game should have it after a year after its release. Since this game is more than five times empty than diablo 2.

Agreed, the fact that more people play Diablo 2 than D3 is a prime example that the game needs something done so it doesn't die. This game is almost as big of a failure as Sim City, I hope blizzard loses all their WoW subscribers and ATVI stock halves, then these idiots will learn how to make an actual game people want to play.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]