Diablo® III

Official Ladder support thread ;)

I keep visiting these forums just to see an update that a ladder system is coming so i can come back to the game and play since current economy is broken.
Reply Quote
How is this thread not locked yet?
Petition threads are against Forum Rules

Flag it and complain to a community organizer/admin/your WoW pet. Why do you care if people want ladder? If they want this game to be more like Diablo 2? Just curious. Or are you just a stickler for the rules? And would you rather have 100 threads for ladder mode, or a single thread with a lot of people agreeing it's a good idea or debating it? Besides, I don't think this is a petition as much as a "support" thread. ;)

06/11/2013 05:28 PMPosted by Techies
People gonna buy the console version just for the "free ladder reset".

I support ladder without RMAH. When you phase out of ladder seasons, you could go into a mode where you can use the RMAH. It would be ... so beautiful.
(I support offline mode, too).
I support this concept.

Also, the problem I have with RMAH + Endless Dungeon without a ladder should be obvious: People will pay to be on top. You couldn't really do that at the start of a Diablo 2 ladder season because no one had anything.

This is not a petition, it is expressing support for a feature we want..... its like asking your boss for a raise as compared to threatening to strike
Reply Quote
Only for people who want to support the idea of a ladder.... make your own thread for negativity!

im +1 for reasons that have been rehashed quite often just to freshen up the economy and let players who want to return have a reasonable reason/avenue to do so without being way behind inflation!

Also an excuse to re roll characters!

+1

As for the super egoistic people that are against ladder and crying ... They should be STOP being so selfish and let people have fun... Its not like something will change for them if they dont want to participate in ladder... They can keep play in current mode and shut up!! :)
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 06:08 AMPosted by Setro
I keep visiting these forums just to see an update that a ladder system is coming so i can come back to the game and play since current economy is broken.

I , as well all my friends . are in the exactly same position.

We waiting for ladder in order to jump again into game... I bet the day 1 of Diablo 3 ladder , if ever comes , hunderd of thousands will return to game. PERIOD...
Reply Quote
I quit playing d2 when ladder came out. The game is so mindlessly brain numbing I can't put in large amounts of time at once. I enjoy playing this game the most when I am tired/bored because its so easy I don't have to think about anything. Just a simple hack n' slash. When I go out of state/country to work I don't want to come back and have all my time made void, and put in an irrelevant realm.

If there were no differences at all between ladder and non ladder then I would be all for it. no doubt i would quit playing this half !@# finished game if they implemented the same type of ladder d2 had. I feel a leaderboard would be more appropriate.
Reply Quote
I quit playing d2 when ladder came out. The game is so mindlessly brain numbing I can't put in large amounts of time at once. I enjoy playing this game the most when I am tired/bored because its so easy I don't have to think about anything. Just a simple hack n' slash. When I go out of state/country to work I don't want to come back and have all my time made void, and put in an irrelevant realm.

If there were no differences at all between ladder and non ladder then I would be all for it. no doubt i would quit playing this half !@# finished game if they implemented the same type of ladder d2 had. I feel a leaderboard would be more appropriate.

Truthfully I don't understand....
Reply Quote
View profile
lol, you will still all be scrubs even if there is a new "season". i dont know what makes people think they would be better off with a ladder reset.

the real ladder is hardcore fyi. no rmah, very little bots, and constant recycling of characters and gear due to death

get on my level scrubs lol.
Reply Quote
lol, you will still all be scrubs even if there is a new "season". i dont know what makes people think they would be better off with a ladder reset.

the real ladder is hardcore fyi. no rmah, very little bots, and constant recycling of characters and gear due to death

get on my level scrubs lol.

Your missing the point on both threads....

NO ONE CARES IF THERE SCRUBS, when the ladder comes out people will still have much better gear than me :O shocking admission my egos crushed.... But I don't really care I just want a reason to play again and if Blizzard is going to insist on this auction house + terrible itemization thing I want a reason to re roll some character's and be able to still have the economy be reasonable

This is the only argument that's anti ladder on both thread's a bunch of pompous people who think everyone is trying to undermine them, I only play video games as a hobby for my enjoyment ARPG happens to be pretty much the only genre that entertains me none of us supporting ladder want to be "on your level" of hardcore video gaming we just want a better game experience
Edited by Garret99#1779 on 6/12/2013 9:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
^if you only play casually, then why do you need a ladder to compete on?

(on another note, i was partly trolling, my point still stands, but the arrogance i displayed was just to get people fired up :P, passing the day at work)
Edited by Isolation#1274 on 6/12/2013 9:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
ladder supported.

Having a competitive ladder system with unique BoA/non-BoA items that will revert to your SC game would be a ton of fun IMO...PoE has it's flaws, but this is an aspect of the game I think they got right. Huge replay factor, which D3 sorely needs.
Reply Quote
+1 for ladder asap . I played diablo 2 on and off for 14 years purely for the ladder. Without a ladder I doubt I would even remeber the name diablo. All of my friends have given up now who I used to play d2 complaining that its pretty dull with out the ladder or runes. Im gunna give up d3 soon unless theres some sort of ladder is added.
Edited by Xlee#2370 on 6/12/2013 9:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Let me explain something real quick...

Diablo 2 had a ladder because it lacked content.... They plan on making many expansions to this game... Expansions will give a soft reset.... If you start a ladder there's a good chance you inspire people to quit. Some people will not want to play their old character, nor start over brand new.... Plus this will really suck once the game get's a lot longer..

Between this and people wanting rune words is just funny to me. People want the exact things people hated in D2. Rune words were blizzard's way to lazily instill an economy and new items. They had to do it because before there was no economy..

The ladder reset made since because D2 was an EXTREMELY short game. It was only expanded upon once, while D3 is expected to have multiple expansions.

Straight up it wouldn't make sense to add ladder.
Reply Quote
diablo 2 lacked content?? lol and diablo 3 doesnt?? Having to refarm gear because of a expasion doesnt sound like fun to me just a wast of cash basicly paying x2 for the same game.
Diablo is the ladder and not having it really makes no sense to me.
Reply Quote
Let me explain something real quick...

Diablo 2 had a ladder because it lacked content.... They plan on making many expansions to this game... Expansions will give a soft reset.... If you start a ladder there's a good chance you inspire people to quit. Some people will not want to play their old character, nor start over brand new.... Plus this will really suck once the game get's a lot longer..

Between this and people wanting rune words is just funny to me. People want the exact things people hated in D2. Rune words were blizzard's way to lazily instill an economy and new items. They had to do it because before there was no economy..

The ladder reset made since because D2 was an EXTREMELY short game. It was only expanded upon once, while D3 is expected to have multiple expansions.

Straight up it wouldn't make sense to add ladder.

While I'm not pushing for rune words at all and I do agree it was there way of fixing the economy it wasn't really lazy it was actually a very interesting/intricate way to do it it makes a currency out of rune's itemization improvement out of the runeword's
Reply Quote
The main reason I play D2 for 10+ years is only because of the ladder. Not that I was in competition to get to high levels but only because there were fresh items and less bots.

These days I only play HC D3 and a ladder here would be something to look forward to.

Oh and make it without the AH...trade only
Edited by Mallanders#1447 on 6/12/2013 9:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The main reason I play D2 for 10+ years is only because of the ladder. Not that I was in competition to get to high levels but only because there were fresh items and less bots.

These days I only play HC D3 and a ladder here would be something to look forward to.

Oh and make it without the AH...trade only

+2 ;)
Reply Quote
Anyone who says they will throw themselves at a ladder league (or claim that droves will do the same) is lying through their teeth or have absolutely no clue at all. No-one would play a Diablo 3 ladder just for yearly resets. No-one who quit Diablo 3 would play ladder, and stay there, when the ladder will turn the same as the regular game or the ladder before it within a week. No-noe would play a ladder if it isn't significantly different than the regular game and that right there, is the reason why there never, EVER should be a ladder league.
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 10:02 AMPosted by Vresiberba
Anyone who says they will throw themselves at a ladder league (or claim that droves will do the same) is lying through their teeth or have absolutely no clue at all. No-one would play a Diablo 3 ladder just for yearly resets. No-one who quit Diablo 3 would play ladder, and stay there, when the ladder will turn the same as the regular game or the ladder before it within a week. No-noe would play a ladder if it isn't significantly different than the regular game and that right there, is the reason why there never, EVER should be a ladder league.

Well I suppose we can come to the conclusion that you speak for no one based on the amount of time's its said in your post....

and is there any reason's you have to present to us to back up any of this because I welcome debate :P
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 09:57 AMPosted by Mallanders
The main reason I play D2 for 10+ years is only because of the ladder.

Of course you do. Who in their right mind would play Diablo 2 regular, unless they have to play offline.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]