Diablo® III

No multiplayer bonus in console version?

I heard that console version patch is 1.07..does this mean that there is no multiplayer bonus for console version?

If yes, playing co-op is pointless and useless.
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 04:15 AMPosted by Kilometer
I heard that console version patch is 1.07..does this mean that there is no multiplayer bonus for console version?

I read someone tweeted this? But I've also read that it comes shipped with all the latest patches from PC.. so I'm not sure what to believe.

I'll miss monster density the most if it doesn't ship with 1.0.8, so much more fun because you don't have to just grind act 3.
Reply Quote
I'd say the reason monster density isn't included is because having that many monsters on-screen at once doesn't work well with the controls. Not sure why the multiplayer bonuses are not there but it certainly doesn't make co-op 'pointless and useless'.

And yeah a blue has confirmed it will launch with up to 1.07's content. So the brawling and BiS crafting.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The multiplayer xp/mf bonus made it into the console version, and is available for local coop and online multiplayer.
Reply Quote
View profile
06/12/2013 11:32 AMPosted by Grimiku
The multiplayer xp/mf bonus made it into the console version, and is available for local coop and online multiplayer.

Assuming you're releasing still in September, you're probably very soon to submit first submission to MS/Sony, so the game must be fairly locked down.

The density updates in inferno from 1.08, are you able to harvest some information on if the current consoles can handle the higher densities in 1.08?

For me it'll almost be a deal breaker if that's not in there for consoles. Although I will be getting the PS4 version, which would handle the current PC version just fine.

It's one hell of a piece of hardware.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Monster density has been custom tailored for the consoles, since the pace of combat is different than the PC counterpart. We wanted to make sure combat flow was smooth and action packed, so you can be sure that we've kept that in mind as we adjusted the density.
Reply Quote
That's terrible. Why even have a PC version? It seems the consoles are getting everything we ever wanted.
Reply Quote
To milk us from money so they had enough resources so they could make the console port from consoles, oh wait ._.
Reply Quote
Although I still had a lot of fun playing this game, I would have had more fun if it wasn't ruined by bots and people getting rich using their credit cards in Hardcore to buy the top items.

All players like myself ever wanted was a server without an AH to ruin it so people would find their own items and just trade them or buy them for a reasonable price not with their credit cards.

Now, here comes the console version with no RMAH. But wait, we have to pay another $60 to play it. We should be able to play the console version without buying the game a second time. It would be a nice way to reward your customers for all the feedback they've given to improve the game.
Edited by Speranza#1267 on 6/12/2013 1:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
06/12/2013 12:59 PMPosted by Grimiku
Monster density has been custom tailored for the consoles, since the pace of combat is different than the PC counterpart. We wanted to make sure combat flow was smooth and action packed, so you can be sure that we've kept that in mind as we adjusted the density.

I appreciate the rapid response, but I don't think I was clear on what I wanted to know.

Let me be more specific: The monster density updates you added in 1.08 JUST for inferno, is that coming to console? I am aware you adjusted the densities in general, but I am wondering about inferno, because I don't feel like grinding again for more paragon levels if the densities are not the same as what they are on PC in inferno.

If you don't know, I'd rather you outright say that instead of a vague answer that didn't really answer anything :)

I'm aware of what CM's can and cannot say, I work with them too ;P
Edited by Zombie#1529 on 6/12/2013 1:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Dude, didn't you see the 15-20 frames per second the console runs when there are 10 monsters on screen?
Reply Quote
View profile
06/12/2013 01:59 PMPosted by Azgalada
Dude, didn't you see the 15-20 frames per second the console runs when there are 10 monsters on screen?

No, I didn't go to E3 this year so I didn't get to see what the frame rate was like.

Watching it via video is misleading because the video itself could've had bad frames.
Reply Quote
Nice trolling.
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 03:47 PMPosted by ZeroAffex
Awwww wonder why D3 went to $hit on PC? Blame the dumb WoW players. Look how dumbed down their games are. Look at Diablo 2 and how sophisticated its story line was and how hard it was to craft decent items. The game play and strategy was really intense, the maps were giant. You actually had to use your brain and couldn't buy your way to winning, well originally. Now looking at D3 its a spitting image of WoW. Console people are a smarter breed of people, they don't feel the need to spend mega bucks to win/be cooler in video games like PC gamers do. Console people are much more thriftier and for this, our games are better. Sorry, greedy pc gamers ruined everything. Too bad.

I feel as if I'm losing IQ points when I read some of this crap. This game is full of cry babies.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
06/12/2013 01:54 PMPosted by Zombie
Let me be more specific: The monster density updates you added in 1.08 JUST for inferno, is that coming to console?

Yes and no.

Difficulty levels and Monster Power operate a little differently on console. There will still be Normal, Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno, and completing one mode will unlock the next mode -- just like on PC. Also, within each of these modes players will able to select from different difficulty levels to suit their preferred level of challenge. On console, however, there are only 8 settings: Easy, Medium, Hard, Master I, Master II, Master III, Master IV, and Master V. At Medium and higher in Inferno, density does increase, but the increase won't be as significant as what you'd typically see on PC (due to performance issues). Similar to MP on PC, higher difficulty settings present more powerful enemies that will have opportunity to reward players with more powerful loot.

For perspective, here's the current scaling (note that this may change before we ship):

• Easy = Monster Power 0
  • Medium = Monster Power 2
  • Hard = Monster Power 4
  • Master I = Monster Power 6
  • Master II = Monster Power 7
  • Master III = Monster Power 8
  • Master IV = Monster Power 9
  • Master V = Monster Power 10

Hope that helps!
Reply Quote
Why is it that the consoles are getting what we have been asking for, for the past year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAedQLX4tSk

In the console game they can dodge, roll, have a smooth, better optimized game, possibly no AH, and RMAH is out of the picture for consoles. They have itemization, offline mode (w/ no AH, who cares if you bot) the game just seems fun.

But, the one who was the director for consoles is now the one for PC, he hasn't started yet but hopefully he brings about change, and hopefully dosnt start porting console to pc.
Edited by Bdon87#1549 on 6/12/2013 5:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
06/12/2013 04:37 PMPosted by Lylirra
Let me be more specific: The monster density updates you added in 1.08 JUST for inferno, is that coming to console?

Yes and no.

Difficulty levels and Monster Power operate a little differently on console. There will still be Normal, Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno, and completing one mode will unlock the next mode -- just like on PC. Also, within each of these modes players will able to select from different difficulty levels to suit their preferred level of challenge. On console, however, there are only 8 settings: Easy, Medium, Hard, Master I, Master II, Master III, Master IV, and Master V. At Medium and higher in Inferno, density does increase, but the increase won't be as significant as what you'd typically see on PC (due to performance issues). Similar to MP on PC, higher difficulty settings present more powerful enemies that will have opportunity to reward players with more powerful loot.

For perspective, here's the current scaling (note that this may change before we ship):

• Easy = Monster Power 0
  • Medium = Monster Power 2
  • Hard = Monster Power 4
  • Master I = Monster Power 6
  • Master II = Monster Power 7
  • Master III = Monster Power 8
  • Master IV = Monster Power 9
  • Master V = Monster Power 10

Hope that helps!

Nice one, I really like that.

To be clear, this information is in regards to PS3/360 versions only, so PS4 versions might be a little different. (And I am aware you can't comment on that, but here's hoping)

Cheers
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]