Diablo® III

New interview

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1910-wyatt-cheng-on-ehp-and-life-return-stats/ so what do you think?
Reply Quote
View profile
I read this on reddit a couple of days ago.

As expected, he already knows life steal is too good. This seems like better news for Shadow Power and for the game itself than people realize, imo.

Life steal takes away layers of gameplay and gearing depth, takes away more than it added, I mean.

EDIT: I also think it's good news for how many of the affixes work, too.
Edited by ActionKungfu#1184 on 7/22/2013 6:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
what I heard was blah blah blah.... all theory ... no action

nothing different than the other 32,212 interviews where they talk so generically and talk about possibilities...

if they want to put HealthGlobes on bosses than they should do it every 10% not 20%.

My feeling is let it be. you want high MPs where the monsters wack the crap outta ya in melee mode.... then put on armor and resists. you want to be more glass canon... that is OK too. just die a lot.

sounds like they want to nerf the difficulty even more from what it sounds like. Even with a theoretical change in the damage model of how it works just means we take less damage than we do currently.

I'd rather see other issues fixed other than revamping the damage subsystem.
Reply Quote
Didn't really like this interview.
Reply Quote
good. someone else posed it here.
I have a DH question:
So Wyatt was comparing a 0-cost gear based passive to an active that has a high-cost (~46% of base) on a resource pool that is slow to regen.

Has Wyatt even played a DH?
Reply Quote
View profile
Looks like they don't know the Nyan!
Reply Quote
Feels like they throw out a discussion on damage systems to get feedback on how it would be perceived when being rolled out.

Possibly another quick patch coming up.

Perhaps tweaking the game to make AH sales increase in some areas.

One can only wonder, so much to talk about but no real action.

Back to polishing that bow and restring it :)
Reply Quote
View profile
That news is old and it is a whole thread supporting monk, which I found very disturbing. Okay, I'm going to be bias here

Monk gets
LoH
LpSS
Lr
SH = Static Healing (potion abilities)
AR bonus from skill
Vit bonus from skill
Armor bonus from skill
all they need to do is equip Ls weapon and done. Get the most healing in the game without any problem keeping their defensive stats up. The guy is really just complaining that the barbs are doing better than they are with their abilities.

Hunter/Barb on the other hand rely heavy on Ls, Wizard on LoH and Witch Doc on Lr. Hey I see no comparison to LpFS (Life per Fury Spent) or LoD (Life on Death).
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 7/22/2013 10:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Every single statement made can be solved by DPS. Ignore everything and DPS. DPS is the ultimate life steal/ LoH and Regen... period. You steal all of the mobs health.. DONE .. no more problems.

If they truly want to enhance game play then then allow the other affixes that does not affect the players health and the players attack that does not affect the mobs health matter more. I am talking about Crowd Control affixes.

For example:

Just as an example - BARBs WoTB ignores all affixes. But instead of trying to make mobs have more eHP or do more damage per hit. Let the freeze do it's job, let attacks electrify stun, knock backs, slow etc.. .

At the same time have more attacks that negate those affixes instead of just WoTB, allow Leap to get you out of jail / slow and Let over power break you out of jail / stun/ freeze etc..

Also let the players have more affixes and make it matter more too .. basically all these things I talk about allows eHP versus DPS and that's it . Plus affixes versus affix to matter too.. Right now DPS solves all and eHP solves all.. DPS should solve a eHP issue and eHP should solve a mob DPS issue.

Currently DH is the only class that deals with affixes at all.. all affixes. DPS is and should be a DH's solution to most of these affixes. We are ranged DPS class or should be. Right now the DEVs are too focuses on GAME MECHANICS and ignoring plus adding to things that take away GAMEPLAY mechanics...
Edited by BlackVenom#1754 on 7/23/2013 8:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
My opinion is that there are numerous things that the dev team could/should/are? focusing on that take precedence over reevaluating LS mechanics.

Like, for example, the suggestions by the gentleman who put together the Loot 2.0 thread.

Changes like that would bring an immense amount of depth into the game.
Reply Quote
My opinion is that there are numerous things that the dev team could/should/are? focusing on that take precedence over reevaluating LS mechanics.

Like, for example, the suggestions by the gentleman who put together the Loot 2.0 thread.

Changes like that would bring an immense amount of depth into the game.

Yeah, his article was very good.
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 07:51 PMPosted by VocaloidNyan
Looks like they don't know the Nyan!

Nyan is good (>^^)>
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
07/22/2013 06:08 PMPosted by Reslin
http://www.diablofans.com/news/1910-wyatt-cheng-on-ehp-and-life-return-stats/ so what do you think?
If you're keen on developer interviews, I also highly recommend checking out our Developer Interview Round-Up blog for further information. :)
Reply Quote
good. someone else posed it here.
I have a DH question:
So Wyatt was comparing a 0-cost gear based passive to an active that has a high-cost (~46% of base) on a resource pool that is slow to regen.

Has Wyatt even played a DH?

hes talking about mechanics, not price. item price always change and its not considered when making decision. thats just the truth.
Reply Quote
D= What just happened above me? A blue....in DH forums D=
Reply Quote
Vaeflare musta got lost ... or came in on purpose to Hand Black Venom 1,203 sympathy cards for all of his lost HC DHs. :)
Reply Quote
07/23/2013 03:34 PMPosted by Vaeflare
If you're keen on developer interviews, I also highly recommend checking out [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10471971/developer-interview-round-up-7-19-2013#best"]our Developer Interview Round-Up blog[/url] for further information. :)

ya.... did read the roundup... thx for posting here..... we feel loved now :)

Think we are waiting for devs to come out of "theory discussion mode" and give us a lil more concrete information.... course.. prolly all hush hush till blizzcon :)

Bubba
Reply Quote
If you're keen on developer interviews, I also highly recommend checking out our Developer Interview Round-Up blog for further information. :)

Feeling the love .. Post here more even just to say hello..!

Discussions good. Following DEVs interviews closely. DH are waiting patiently for much need DEV attention.
Edited by BlackVenom#1754 on 7/23/2013 8:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Posted by Reslin

Interesting read with some hints on what may come.
Perhaps it's a good time now to level my other heroes, so as to be ready for the reward :)

If only they were as exciting to play as my DH, oh, yes they are at times :)

One thing has perplexed for some time now, why can I not find legendary gear for my DH playing my DH, which are godly or way better than what I already have?

Actually it applies to any toon.

Maybe this is something which could be addressed in future releases.
Reply Quote
Am I the only one that was surprised that a BLUE went to the DH Forums?..

Now that s/he(i'm not really sure, sorry), is here.. Might be best to take time on reading some of the Community's thoughts on how the Class could be further improved?

EDIT: oh wait. wasn't just me XD
Edited by Chrizzle#1390 on 7/23/2013 9:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]