Diablo® III

Healing skills that just don't work.

Anyone else think skill runes like siphon for the WDs soul harvest are kind of useless? It restores a fixed amount of health no matter how large your health pool. Skill runes like siphon are dubious at best. Skill runes like siphon would be much more reliable if they scaled with the players health pool.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
Think about how life per spirit spent is broken because of that :)

Think about a wizard not having any healing spells.

Think about any amount in the game that is not a %.

A lot of moronic implementations in this game :)
Reply Quote
Same deal for Monks OP, they are the designated co-op support class yet all of their healing spells are fixed amounts instead of % based. They are still tuned to pre 1.03 gearing in which most people only had 20-30k life.

I'm almost positive healing skills/runes will change to % when this 'big patch' drops, for them to remain fixed would be pretty ludicrous.
Reply Quote
Breath of Heaven for monks is the same, the skill offers just a flat healing. The same for the rune Peaceful Repose for Serenity.

In fact health potions could benefit from this kind of fix too. It is sad that the best potion available to a character with 50-60k health is one that heals only 12.5k.
Reply Quote
It's because character abilities don't matter, you're supposed to get all useful attributes from your gear, so the skills that you choose are cosmetic at best. The ones that happen to be more than inconsequential also seem to be required.
Reply Quote
Now that you all mention it; the monk displays this problem wayyy more than any other class.
Reply Quote
At the very least, health globe bonuses should be applied to those skills.
Reply Quote
they could do more but don't assume that filling a health bulb actually matters 100% of 2k health isn't great(50% of 30k is better), most healing skills are really set around getting better because of EHP similar to how the best way to make life on hit is not to stack life on hit indefinitely but to increase attack speed.

Health isn't really that critical in the sense that as long as you remain above zero, 30k health with 80% damage reduction is not the same as 30K health with 90% damage reduction

20% damage compared to 10% damage taken is a huge influence on the value of each life point.

Life is percentage based in the same way life steal is % based of weapon damage, the game just doesn't as clearly show one to the other

life steal even scales off damage reduction too:)
Edited by Slaal#1308 on 7/23/2013 1:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 10:00 PMPosted by Charlie

I hadn't considered that but it's a fantastic idea, would make the stat worthwhile for a support build too. Two birds with one stone.
Reply Quote
07/23/2013 01:33 AMPosted by Slaal
Health isn't really that critical in the sense that as long as you remain above zero, 30k health with 80% damage reduction is not the same as 30K health with 90% damage reduction

Do you play hardcore?
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 09:12 PMPosted by TomToDie
It's because character abilities don't matter, you're supposed to get all useful attributes from your gear, so the skills that you choose are cosmetic at best. The ones that happen to be more than inconsequential also seem to be required.

I hope that's not how the development team feels.
Reply Quote
07/23/2013 09:33 AMPosted by OverKill

Do you play hardcore?

nope why?
Reply Quote
Same deal for Monks OP, they are the designated co-op support class yet all of their healing spells are fixed amounts instead of % based. They are still tuned to pre 1.03 gearing in which most people only had 20-30k life.

I'm almost positive healing skills/runes will change to % when this 'big patch' drops, for them to remain fixed would be pretty ludicrous.

that they have not done this from the begining is kind of strange anyway. I mean they certainly did it with SOME stuff, like LS or the skills that do % based weapon damage.
Reply Quote

that they have not done this from the begining is kind of strange anyway. I mean they certainly did it with SOME stuff, like LS or the skills that do % based weapon damage.

word is they want to scale them of the health globe and potion bonus i.e breath of heaven as an example.

hit points already are % that's the whole idea behind EHP, take a mystic potion at 12500 life, take 50% less damage and a 12500 potion is really 25000.

you balance hit points and resistances in the same way you balance crit chance to weapon damage, 100CD on a 300 dps weapon or 80CD on a 1300dps weapon, which is better?
Reply Quote
I know there's a paladin. But now I wonder if there will someday be a priest class.
Reply Quote
View profile
07/23/2013 02:13 AMPosted by DamienJohn

I hadn't considered that but it's a fantastic idea, would make the stat worthwhile for a support build too. Two birds with one stone.

I was thinking somewhere along the lines of letting other stats affect how much is healed. Like have it increase based on your primary stat. So for a monk the more dex you have the more powerful your heal is much like the more powerful your attacks are. Also do heals crit? If so for how much? If not then it should based on your crit chance and your crit damage amount.
Reply Quote
07/23/2013 05:05 PMPosted by DuckOfDeath

I was thinking somewhere along the lines of letting other stats affect how much is healed. Like have it increase based on your primary stat. So for a monk the more dex you have the more powerful your heal is much like the more powerful your attacks are. Also do heals crit? If so for how much? If not then it should based on your crit chance and your crit damage amount.

Either or is fine really, I just think it would be nice to attribute it to an alternate less popular stat to increase it's viability on gear. So if it was the health globe bonus I could actually build a powerful support tank Monk by stacking my typical damage modifiers but looking for Health Globe+ as an additional stat on gear. Crit definitely doesn't need more importance given to it, Main stat makes sense though. It could even be attributed to multiple "lesser" stats to give them a purpose i nthe game and tie them to interesting builds, so the tooltip for BoH could read;

Breath of Heaven

A blast of divine energy heals you and all allies within 12 yards for 6202 - 7442 Life.
Healing amount is increased by: Health Globe Bonus, Life on Kill, Life Regeneration.
Reply Quote
View profile
The reason I dont really like it on something like health globe + gear is it seperates the dps gear from the healing gear. This being an ARPG that many play solo it kind of sucks to have to choose between dps affixes and healing affixes when you want both to be effective with your gear when soloing. I mean when soloing you already have to make choices between how much dps you want vs how much survivability. If you add special healing affixes to the mix it further dilutes your gear. Now to be able to solo and dps things and be able to heal myself effectively I would need dex and CC and CD and armor and AR and vit and health globe+ and life on kill and life regen. Can an item spawn with 9 affixes? Things that improve your spells should improve all your spells. But that is just my opinion.
Reply Quote
It seems like it would be easier to have all healing skills scale off the size of your health pool.
Reply Quote
07/23/2013 05:34 PMPosted by DuckOfDeath
The reason I dont really like it on something like health globe + gear is it seperates the dps gear from the healing gear. This being an ARPG that many play solo it kind of sucks to have to choose between dps affixes and healing affixes when you want both to be effective with your gear when soloing. I mean when soloing you already have to make choices between how much dps you want vs how much survivability. If you add special healing affixes to the mix it further dilutes your gear. Now to be able to solo and dps things and be able to heal myself effectively I would need dex and CC and CD and armor and AR and vit and health globe+ and life on kill and life regen. Can an item spawn with 9 affixes? Things that improve your spells should improve all your spells. But that is just my opinion.

You're actually highlighting one of the major problems in the game with this statement. You're saying it wouldn't work because you'd still want all your other "valuable" stats. The whole reason attributing it to lesser stats would work is because it would give players choices and encourage them to make important decisions for the build they want. It's one of the huge things that is missing from Diablo 3. We should be weighing out options in regards to the stats we want on gear or rather the gear we want because of stats. So as an example for this theoretical support Monk, I want Health Globe + bonus on gear so I may have to sacrifice some other important stat on some pieces, whether that be a mitigation stat (I would be making up for that loss anyway) or a dps modifier (a little less oompf to create a support build is a reasonable trade-off).

Realistically, all stats should be somewhat competitive. Sure some should and always will be more powerful than others, but right now the gap between what is valuable (Main Stat, Vit, LS, Crit, AR, IAS) and what is considered trash (everything else), is WAY too huge.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]