Diablo® III

Allow us the option to see sellers' names on AH

07/19/2013 12:06 PMPosted by Taganov
Also, I believe the trade chat channels allow for your negotiation skills to shine, since you're dealing directly with the seller.

the chances of anyone wanting your items in a 99 max person trade channel is so small its funny. and when you do get a response for your 2open socket manticore 1200 dps 180 dex 82 crit damage its, "20m" if they don't want to allow names to be revealed which is what d2 was all about. *COUGH COUGH their most successful diablo game yet* then atleast expand channels to hold more people
Edited by Durabolin#1796 on 7/19/2013 12:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
yep, NO. i dont want to get spammed by lowball offers.
Reply Quote
I understand blizzard doesn't want to encourage harassing comments to people by doing this but how insulting can a random tell from someone in the world be about their item they are selling. ignore it and don't respond otherwise block them if you don't agree/want to talk to them. After blocking, youre pretty much at the same status you were in the game before they added the feature (if they did) a nobody no one has ever heard of and will talk to because there is no communication, and limited to the AH for that person only
Reply Quote
I agree there is no need to see the name of the seller on the AH's currently. However I think it would be nice to have an alternative Trading House where players could post items for trade and give their names their so people could contact them about buying or trading items. This would reduce the need to spam chat channels for people looking to trade things. It also gives another option for players to advertise gear that may not always be the most commonly sought after goods, though they may prove as useful or even more useful if only more players could see them. A trading house would be a fine addition to the game IMO.
Reply Quote
07/19/2013 11:55 AMPosted by MissCheetah
If nobody bids then the seller gets a clear message about the price

yup, then they bump it from 500m to 450m which sits in the AH for ANOTHER 2 days. not to mention 80% of the time the bid is the same price as the buyout.

OR

you can whisper the person and say i'll give you 200m because if you round down all the stats of this item to the nearest tenth, there are similar items for this price.
Reply Quote
07/19/2013 11:53 AMPosted by Durabolin
If you don't buy the overpriced gear you do not progress

A) Please explain to me why it is overpriced and how you have determined the true price of an item. Because if you have a mathematical model to determine the price of an item, you could probably receive a PhD

B) You mean progress beyond MPx, a system that was implemented to increase challenge and is not meant for everyone?

C)As others have pointed out this is a great tool for harrasment. People don't want to have 700 whispers to them and have to block 400 people who are harrasing them
Reply Quote
07/19/2013 12:32 PMPosted by Garthandal
there are similar items for this price.

Then buy those items, or are you lying?

SIMILAR ITEMS. meaning its not better than the one youre looking at because I clearly said the stats were rounded down.
Reply Quote
you guys are picking this apart way too much.. moving onto progress and in different monster powers and mathematical equations to determine prices. its a SIMPLE SUGGESTION to increase trading options and communication in the game. THATS IT. what the **** happened to games where you can't even know the names of other players selling items. its like the object of this game is to isolate you from everyone as much as possible.

I hate to bring up wow but its' auction house tells you the sellers name and I don't see any issues of concern with that
Reply Quote
07/19/2013 12:34 PMPosted by Durabolin
SIMILAR ITEMS. meaning its not better than the one youre looking at because I clearly said the stats were rounded down.

So buy items that are cheaper with similiar stats...
Reply Quote

this

Exactly. I have a suspicion this would be more a harassment tool than anything else.

+1
Reply Quote
07/19/2013 12:38 PMPosted by Durabolin
ts a SIMPLE SUGGESTION to increase trading options and communication in the game

It would do more harm then good.

If you bring up WoWs auction house consider thee differences between the games then.

How many people on a WoW server vs people on a D3 server?
WoW is an MMO. Meaning you have to immerse yourself in the world. To do that, they create a world where people are known for being able to craft this item, or can do this enchantment. Your name is important. D3 is not an MMO
Reply Quote
07/19/2013 12:38 PMPosted by Garthandal
But I want your item really bad plox! I will give you 1/2 of your BO and a gidbin!

its funny youre being sarcastic but that is really what makes a diablo games' trading. except d3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]