Diablo® III

Allow us the option to see sellers' names on AH

Hi guys,

Kind of predictable that any thread about the AH attracts the usual suspects with their same condescending comments.

We could word that another way: "like fies on (insert inappropriate word)"

On a brighter subject, why don't we discuss the benefits of a backed up cesspool:-)
Reply Quote
Leave the AH the way it is (after removing the 2B cap). Adding names would be a harassment disaster and a spam magnet.

OTOH, I wouldn't mind some kind of in-game trade board. Trade chat is useless because you have to find both parties of a potential trade on-line and in the same channel at the same time. The trade forum seems to be just for very high end items, posts roll off the top too quickly, and there's no way to do anything but the crudest search.

Allow people to post items for trade. They can add a short text of what they're looking for in gold or items (there are no prices per se, that's for the regular AH). Names are still not posted because of spamming and harassment, but buyers can leave a message with an offer or question and include their user ID if they wish.
Reply Quote
I didn't read all of the posts, 'cause I'm too tired.

Anyway I think this would be a good option that you could turn on/off as you wanted (as a seller) and of course abiltity to blacklist spammers. Just add "Contact seller"-icon next to Bid/Buyout buttons.

+1 if implemented correctly
Reply Quote
View profile
07/19/2013 11:30 AMPosted by Taganov
I have a suspicion this would be more a harassment tool than anything else.

x2
Reply Quote
Hi guys,

Kind of predictable that any thread about the AH attracts the usual suspects with their same condescending comments.

We could word that another way: "like fies on (insert inappropriate word)"

On a brighter subject, why don't we discuss the benefits of a backed up cesspool:-)

Benefits? Well, if you're a plumber like me, I guess it means big money. You might not be too crazy about the smell though, nor the thought of you coming home smelling like you rolled around in someone else's excrements. Oh, and a word of advice: ALWAYS keep your mouth CLOSED! :D

Hey, life isn't always a big bouquet of roses. You really think I wouldn't rather be sitting at home all day playing Diablo? :P
Edited by MimSiEOD#1720 on 7/19/2013 10:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/19/2013 07:58 PMPosted by Skillol
There is nothing to discuss with these kind of people. They think they're right even when 90% of the replies are telling him he should never post again until he takes a while to think before hitting the submit button.

lol indeed
Reply Quote
07/19/2013 12:38 PMPosted by Durabolin
I hate to bring up wow but its' auction house tells you the sellers name and I don't see any issues of concern with that

So go play WOW and you will be happy. Just because someone is prepared to pay more for an item does not mean you should get it because you are cheap.
Reply Quote
No.

If anything, the choice should be from the seller to reveal his/her ID or not.

This means, the AH still works like now. Sellers that don't mind handling negotiations can reveal their IDs and listen to offers.
Reply Quote
This will just make it easier for Goldseller to spam us with tells. One of the reason that people don't talk in Public chat is because if you do then you'll get alot of Friend Invite from Goldseller.

Do you guys know about D3Blacklist? Well....I think people will make a D3AHBlist to Blacklist anyone who they think overpriced an item.

I bet it gonna be something like this:

What happend?
This guy sell 5 items that I want to buy but he overpriced them all! I send him a tell to help him correct his price so he can sell it faster but man...He don't want to! I send him like 4-6 tells to help him but he never listen so I make this post in hope people can tell him how overpriced his items is. I bet his a Flipper too or bots cause there is no way he got some many items for sale.

Here is our tells: <insert pictures of chat>

Here is the items: <insert pictures of items>

I personally like the way AH is now but of course that's only my opinion.
Reply Quote
07/20/2013 03:10 AMPosted by Skillol

So go play WOW and you will be happy. Just because someone is prepared to pay more for an item does not mean you should get it because you are cheap.

But but but...o wait there is no but.

But but but ppl shouldn't be greedy and exploit the 99%.
Reply Quote
this would remove the 15% AH tax and inflation would double, those items would become even more out of range and flipping would be even more popular than it is now ...

this is why it shouldn't be implemented.
Reply Quote
Because Blizzard sell items on their themselves
Reply Quote
Hi guys, was just browsing through the d3 forums when i found this thread.

I see all of these people being against making the name of the seller known. And for no GOOD reason.

In POE in order to sell anything on the forums or indexer or in game people need to know who you are.

Do you know how often I get people raging at me and harassing me over my prices being too high?

None. Ever.

Do you know how many people message me with counter offers that are usually in the ballpark of what I was asking initially?

A lot. Frequently.

I very rarely made any sales in this game, the best ever was a pair of nats boots for 24 mil, that was it. The most gold I had at one time was in the range of 40 mil. In this game that is god awful, but I guess someone has to get shafted hard by rng for the rest to prosper.

However, If other players could contact me and give a counter offer to the buyout i would likely have made many more sales resulting in more enjoyment and ultimately sticking around for longer.

I think the only people that should be worried about something like this are the AH heroes a.k.a. flippers and people trying to corner the market on certain uniques.

Any system that removes anonymity and provides complete transparency would not be welcomed by these groups of people since most likely it would cut down on their sales and would make it a bit harder to monopolize one of the BIS uniques.

Just My Opinion
Reply Quote
How about u give player the option to by anonymous or not(info so people can contact u). Bingo we got a winner.
Reply Quote
+1 . I should be able to send a message with an offer for the item.
Reply Quote
I don't agree with OP. You would just end up being constantly spammed and have whispers coming in all the time when you're trying to play the bloody game. It would be a TERRIBLE idea!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]