Diablo® III

Allow us the option to see sellers' names on AH

this

Exactly. I have a suspicion this would be more a COMMUNICATION tool than anything else.
Reply Quote
07/19/2013 03:00 PMPosted by UnCoAuSsiE
If people can just message the seller via Ah how will bliz get there 15%…

The only post in this thread that matters, gets skipped over.

Blizz ain't trying to help you trade outside the AH.
Reply Quote
07/19/2013 11:22 AMPosted by Durabolin
Allowing us to contact the seller for an item can expand communication within the game immensely, and bring back that classic diablo feeling of bargaining while in a trade. Economy is broken right now and seeing some of the prices people ask for some items is insane. These are the items people need to progress but they are just simply out of reach. Contacting the seller to make an offer and trade in game is much more satisfying

Or is it about allowing legit players to harass other players because there's something they don't like?

"Hey, I'd like to buy your item on the AH but it's not worth you're asking price, come down in value. If you don't YOU"RE a NOOB!"
Reply Quote

They're all a bunch of crybabies,

^^
From a reformed crybaby: After months of rehab in AH anonymous (AHA)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5794049827

Skillol

Most retarded mechanic ever. I shoot an elemental arrow and die instantly vs 4 elites with this. If i dont have SS up that is. And i can't perma have SS for the duration of the fight.

It's not challenging, it's not hard, it's stupid.

If i wanted to kill myself over and over again i'd just run into mobs aimlessly.

REMOVE IT, or NERF THE DAMAGE IT REFLECTS.

Thank you.
Edited by Wanderbird#1204 on 7/20/2013 2:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
this is a bad idea
Reply Quote
This would remove tax if you could just easily communicate. In all honesty the biggest reason for the ah was probably for an easier trading system which could get taxed. Which is a huge gold sink.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
NTY!!! the use of the AH already takes away from the game itself. Do not arm people with the ability to harass people. want to haggle and barter, use trade channel. want to dump youre items and not deal with anyone use AH.
Reply Quote
How about change the thread title to allow us the option to post our account on items for sale in AH?

Then you have the choice of it being anonymous or personal. You can weed through the buyers and liars.

This would also eliminate the problem with 99 player max trade channels.

The only logical level-headed statement in this entire 7 pages of ridiculousness gets ignored...Don't know why I expected anything else.
Reply Quote
Wow, quoting a post from 2012 d3 launch inferno which I personally thought was a broken mechanic and comparing it to the of OP's suggestion of what he considers a useful mechanic and opened it for discussion.

Both subjects were addressed by gamers with differing opinions

[/quote]

That would be the appropriate response "Deleted"
Edited by Wanderbird#1204 on 7/20/2013 7:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi guys, was just browsing through the d3 forums when i found this thread.

I see all of these people being against making the name of the seller known. And for no GOOD reason.

In POE in order to sell anything on the forums or indexer or in game people need to know who you are.

Do you know how often I get people raging at me and harassing me over my prices being too high?

None. Ever.

Do you know how many people message me with counter offers that are usually in the ballpark of what I was asking initially?

A lot. Frequently.

I very rarely made any sales in this game, the best ever was a pair of nats boots for 24 mil, that was it. The most gold I had at one time was in the range of 40 mil. In this game that is god awful, but I guess someone has to get shafted hard by rng for the rest to prosper.

However, If other players could contact me and give a counter offer to the buyout i would likely have made many more sales resulting in more enjoyment and ultimately sticking around for longer.

I think the only people that should be worried about something like this are the AH heroes a.k.a. flippers and people trying to corner the market on certain uniques.

Any system that removes anonymity and provides complete transparency would not be welcomed by these groups of people since most likely it would cut down on their sales and would make it a bit harder to monopolize one of the BIS uniques.

Just My Opinion

There's a thing called d2jsp, or even the trading section of this forum.

"Any system that removes anonymity and provides complete transparency would not be welcomed by these groups of people since most likely it would cut down on their sales and would make it a bit harder to monopolize one of the BIS uniques"

Previous part of your post is stating your personal preference, that's entirely fine. This part is beyond retarded. You like other trolls began making grand claims without any support. And when's the last time you saw a BIS unique getting sold on the AH in the first place? (other than some noobs who didn't know there a 2b/$250) cap?
Reply Quote
NO, Not a good Idea just a tool to intimidate sellers who are "Asking to much" in order to harass them into lowering their asking price. Now on the other hand If you had an item you considered of equal value and you could post a picture anonymously of said item to the seller and if he was interested in a trade could contact you to try and work out a deal, now that might be a good thing. I just wouldn't want my name tag listed on the AH.
Reply Quote
Why let harassment being an issue here even?

"Noob, wayy overpriced!!"
"Learn to play, donkey"
"Your items suck, why you even sell"

Harassments are easy to ignore, don't let them being in way of implementing this idea to the AH. Don't be weak.
Reply Quote
07/20/2013 09:59 AMPosted by Gohan
Because Blizzard sell items on their themselves

Exactly! I wonder how many Beez Blizzard has.
Reply Quote
I would like to add another option.....

BvS go hostile option. (buyer vs. seller)

If buyer wins duel pays offer amount. If seller wins duel earns asking price.

Now this is more in line with the Medieval theme of Diablo.

Now PvP has rewards.
Reply Quote
How about change the thread title to allow us the option to post our account on items for sale in AH?

Then you have the choice of it being anonymous or personal. You can weed through the buyers and liars.

This would also eliminate the problem with 99 player max trade channels.

The only logical level-headed statement in this entire 7 pages of ridiculousness gets ignored...Don't know why I expected anything else.

I wonder if you guys consider how many people would exercise that option. Because I know that I sure wouldn't. I do not want to be hassled. I'll put it up at a price I think fair, and if it doesn't move, I'll lower it, perhaps a few times, before giving up and vendoring it. That's good enough for me. I do NOT want random people bothering me about stuff I've got on the AH, ever. And I bet that most people feel the same.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]