Diablo® III

Allow us the option to see sellers' names on AH

this

Exactly. I have a suspicion this would be more a harassment tool than anything else.

yep.

07/19/2013 11:22 AMPosted by Durabolin
These are the items people need to progress but they are just simply out of reach. Contacting the seller to make an offer and trade in game is much more satisfying

if you cant afford it then move along because you dont understand the way things work.
the person selling it for that much has gear to buy for themselves too and its probably not cheap. so you are wanting to cheat them out of money they could use on gear just because you want to haggle. well, this isnt your local trade market... this is D3. no haggling. just buying.
Reply Quote
Does anyone here know Chinese? Contacting the seller will be pointless.
Edited by Manix#1832 on 7/21/2013 5:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
07/19/2013 11:32 AMPosted by Durabolin
Alright we'll that's where you can educate the person about their asking price being too high and actually have a chance to obtain the item instead of staring an item locked in the AH for 1 billion you could really use

You assume most people wouldn't abuse the system. You ever hear that saying? If you assume you make an !@# out of 'u' and 'me'
Reply Quote
Hi guys, was just browsing through the d3 forums when i found this thread.

I see all of these people being against making the name of the seller known. And for no GOOD reason.

In POE in order to sell anything on the forums or indexer or in game people need to know who you are.

Do you know how often I get people raging at me and harassing me over my prices being too high?

None. Ever.

Do you know how many people message me with counter offers that are usually in the ballpark of what I was asking initially?

A lot. Frequently.

I very rarely made any sales in this game, the best ever was a pair of nats boots for 24 mil, that was it. The most gold I had at one time was in the range of 40 mil. In this game that is god awful, but I guess someone has to get shafted hard by rng for the rest to prosper.

However, If other players could contact me and give a counter offer to the buyout i would likely have made many more sales resulting in more enjoyment and ultimately sticking around for longer.

I think the only people that should be worried about something like this are the AH heroes a.k.a. flippers and people trying to corner the market on certain uniques.

Any system that removes anonymity and provides complete transparency would not be welcomed by these groups of people since most likely it would cut down on their sales and would make it a bit harder to monopolize one of the BIS uniques.

Just My Opinion

thank you
Reply Quote
07/21/2013 05:34 PMPosted by Morogoth
this is D3.

and the game is crashing horribly. this game needs change IMMEDIATELY
Reply Quote
i play this game d2 style i never use the ah and i have manged to get some good drops i got lucky i refuse to pay the bs prices people post up items, i'm sorry but i work hard for my gold i don't buy it, it takes away from the spirit of game the same goes to the ah it shouldn't have be even put in the game blizzard even omitted to that fact i find my own gear farm my own money and gems its how its needs to be played. the ah takes all the fun out of the game. In simple terms ..... trade for the gear from trade chat, farm it your self avoid the ah and all its super high prices. no one that plays the game finding there own gear will ever have 100 million gold to waste on one item that's to crazy
Edited by Hound#1202 on 7/22/2013 10:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
rofl
Reply Quote
this is D3.

and the game is crashing horribly. this game needs change IMMEDIATELY

good job. you took 3 words, quoted them, and by themselves they mean absolutely nothing in relation to the thread except what everyone knows already.

if you really think that the OP post about being able to see the seller name is going to change the game in a favorable way as you want it to then you are sadly mistaken. best case scenario is that it doesnt work half as well as you think because most ppl are offline and there is no mailbox or way to transfer items through like that. worst case scenario is that spam picks up even more, ppl complain even more about being harassed, and in the end it still doesnt work.

this entire idea is better left as just that.. an idea. one that can go directly to the shredder.
Edited by Morogoth#1321 on 7/22/2013 10:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I very rarely made any sales in this game, the best ever was a pair of nats boots for 24 mil, that was it. The most gold I had at one time was in the range of 40 mil. In this game that is god awful, but I guess someone has to get shafted hard by rng for the rest to prosper.

However, If other players could contact me and give a counter offer to the buyout i would likely have made many more sales resulting in more enjoyment and ultimately sticking around for longer.

If you want to sell more items, put the start bid at 100 gold you will sell plenty of stuff. That way no one needs contact you to ask you to lower the price for them, this way a person can bid what they can afford.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]