Diablo® III

Loot 2.0, discovering its true potential.

- Diablo III
View profile
Yewwo Monstrous :)

I've read your post over on DF and appreciate the effort you went to in order to help jumpstart the flow of ideas. I've got a few thoughts on some of what you wrote as well, and hopefully they'll help with fine tuning some of the ideas.

Thanks! The conversation and ideas flowing from the community is what I try to accomplish with all my posts. I wish the developers would share their ideas a little more with us instead of keeping us in the dark. I've already received a lot of good feedback from the community as to how the ideas could be improved on or how it might not work, which is exactly what I wanted.

I've read through your post and you make a couple great suggestions.
Reply Quote
The part about magic find is brilliant.

Add NV level to hundreds, 200 levels!

That would encourage playing more of the D3 content!

The whole post is brilliant.

BLIZZARD, READ THIS!
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
Auto pick up destroys the meaning of a looting game. When you don't pick you are just looting.

How can you come up with such a thought full post but not realized that you made the greatest mistake in it. Sure auto pickup is nice and reduce player's stress as well as time. But it remove the core meaning of a game. When you don't pick to pick up what you want. You are not picking.

I think you may have misunderstood what I meant by:

"This would be so welcome, having separate inventories for weapons and armor, crafting materials, gems, and the upcoming mystic artisan. Make picking up items automatically place them in the right inventory and you would have probably one of the most welcome features to many people alike."

I mean that picking up the items (still actually clicking on them) places them in the correct inventory tab. It's the tab feature I was suggesting here, one for crafting mats, gems, items and armor, etc. I agree with you that we need to still click on items ;)
Reply Quote
Ironically (or perhaps expectadly),

the most controversial and disagreed upon part is the most important and would have sweeping, bettering effects on the game.

The WHOLE section on magic find.
Reply Quote
View profile
tbh what you want is to carry a stash instead of the bag we now have.

07/22/2013 12:09 AMPosted by Monstrous
I mean that picking up the items (still actually clicking on them) places them in the correct inventory tab. It's the tab feature I was suggesting here, one for crafting mats, gems, items and armor, etc. I agree with you that we need to still click on items ;)

auto sorting is cool, but it is a complete waste of time, when you don't get a menu telling you "new" and list the items in the order of pick from newest to oldest. The current bag is this "new" window and your stash in town is what you have and asking for.
Reply Quote
+1

Great work
Reply Quote
View profile
OP, you just gave us a preview of what Diablo III itemization could be but I'm afraid to get my hopes up and be disappointed at what actually gets released.

I really, really hope itemization can be pulled off this way.

The only part I don't agree with is that transmogrification should be allowed on legendary items as well. Some legendaries are just plain ugly.
Reply Quote
your suggestions deserve all the attention they can get. to reward playing instead of sitting on the ah really is what blizzard should do.

hope some of it finds his way into the game or at least give the devs the much needed inspiration..if this were official patchnotes..i have to stop dreaming^^
Reply Quote
Bro bump
Reply Quote
Nice....
Reply Quote
I love all of then, except the gold cost for upgrade @ mystic

It should be

>4% -> 4% for 2 mil
>5% -> 5% for 10 mil
>6% -> 6% for 35 mil

and you need to do step by step, not 3 - > 6 etc.

This will be more touchable by players who dont flip / spend money on rmah.
Reply Quote
Brilliant, I never read original player content, but this is very original and well thought out. I hope this gets support and recognition. Amazing thought process.
Reply Quote
So, I suppose you never thought even once about who will pay that 80mil crafting cost? That's right, AH flippers who actually HAVE 80 million gold.

I suppose your very good goundbreaking awesome idea is to force people to use the AH or be locked out of new features?

Edit: Please show me a video of you finding 50 elite packs in one game for NV.
Edited by MadHacker#2819 on 7/22/2013 1:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
So, I suppose you never thought even once about who will pay that 80mil crafting cost? That's right, AH flippers who actually HAVE 80 million gold.

I suppose your very good goundbreaking awesome idea is to force people to use the AH or be locked out of new features?

Edit: Please show me a video of you finding 50 elite packs in one game for NV.

There is an alternative option available to the developers. Should they implement a self-found mode which disables all trading and AH functions for that particular character, costs can be drastically reduced and the game refocused on actually finding what you need yourself (increased drop rates to counter the lack of outside help for example).

Monstrous' ideas aren't necessarily limited to a "one size fits all" means of implementation.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
This. +1 on sheer creativity and imagination. This is the kind of "outside the box" thinking I believe we all hope that Blizzard is doing for the upcoming patches and expansion pack.
Reply Quote
I'm skeptical that the developers are capable to deliver even half of what you suggests.
I'll buy 2 more copies if they're able to, just to show my gratitude.
Reply Quote
View profile
im not usually big on fan creations but this is amazing ideas
Reply Quote
Speechless..

+ infinite!
Reply Quote
This.
Reply Quote
This will never be implemented because it is too good for Blizzard to understand or comprehend.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]