Diablo® III

LS nerf incoming

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1910-wyatt-cheng-on-ehp-and-life-return-stats/
Reply Quote
If they nerf life steal etc, they can add "250 armour for 5 seconds on attack - can stack up to 10 times" or something to that effect. Even replace armour with all resist.

Think outside the box a bit.
Reply Quote
You are crying for the Monk, but think what happens to a wd or wizard that can have half the LS of a Monk :)
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 06:32 PMPosted by marsovac
You are crying for the Monk, but think what happens to a wd or wizard that can have half the LS of a Monk :)

Oh I can see the response to that.

WD and Wizards are RANGED!!! They don't even NEED life steal, haha.

But yeah I think a LS nerf would hurt WD/Wizard more than monk.
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 06:33 PMPosted by Detnyj
WD and Wizards are RANGED!!!

Try to be ranged in fields of misery at MP10...

The only viable builds for any ranged class is a melee build, ironic? :)
Reply Quote
Nah.. how is it possible to nerf something that is only 0.20 effective from paper number? Nerf it any further will make it negative.
Reply Quote
Laf...you got LS "nerf" coming out of that? You don't know what they are planning on doing it...this is pure speculation. Just b/c Whyett Cheng things it needs to be "reworked" doesn't mean anything...lets wait and see official notes down the road shall we?
Reply Quote
typical bs by blizzard devs.

don't know what to do, nerf instead

screw you cheng!
Reply Quote
. . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-'". . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ":,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:". . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . ."~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . "~,_. . . .."~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . ."=,_. . . ."-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~"; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . ."=-._. . .";,,./`. . /" . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . .."~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-"
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _

I'm surprised that they still haven't realized the fact that players hate nerfs.
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 07:01 PMPosted by ElTresSeis
Are you serious. To have any sort of respectable damage you need to avoid res on certain gears as a monk. With a nerf to LS that will no longer be possible and force drastic cuts to DPS.

If they cut LS in half, it might force you to change combination strike for resolve.

I was playing fairly comfortably with 3% LS on MP10 on my 200k monk, and that would be like using 2 LS weapons after the nerf.

But an Archon wizard or a CoB wd is seriously affected, and would play with max 1.5 (after nerf).

The sad thing is barbs would just use the passive they are not using anymore because they don't need it now, and they are done with it.
Edited by marsovac#2732 on 7/22/2013 7:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Nerf Barb first
Reply Quote
WOW, this really makes me wan't to quit this game. With this nerf Barb will be an even more "attractive" class to play. Since you can have LS in both weapons, belts and passive.
Reply Quote
if you nerf lifesteal into the ground, make sure to remove the reflect damage affix too plz. with other healing stats being buffed most players will be fine if damage overall is normalized and RD is not something we have to worry about. honestly you need LS for those guys mainly, other affixes can be avoided or worked around with minimal healing and good character builds.

And suddenly, Ubers and Bosses are a challenge again, nerfing lifesteal could be a good thing for the game.
Reply Quote
I don't even understand with all the things that can be fixed, Life Steal is even being talked about. I'm starting to wonder if Wyatt even knows what he is doing at all, because I cannot remember the last time that guy said anything productive.
Reply Quote
LS is grossly overpowered, dunno how anyone can disagree with that and is one of the bigger flaws with the game, not sure how anyone can argue that. I have to see the actual changes they suggest to determine if their fix makes sense though.

The fact people are complaining about this just shows how clueless a large portion of the player base is on how this game works.
Edited by Ender#1738 on 7/22/2013 8:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
LS is grossly overpowered, dunno how anyone can disagree with that and is one of the bigger flaws with the game, not sure how anyone can argue that. I have to see the actual changes they suggest to determine if their fix makes sense though.

LS is not overpowered but it is crucial.

Why? Because monsters two hit people with 50k health and 600 resists.

There is no other way to heal 50k health in a second or two.

So what is the problem? Life steal of monster damage?
Edited by marsovac#2732 on 7/22/2013 8:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote

The fact people are complaining about this just shows how clueless a large portion of the player base is on how this game works.

So does 3% life steal cut it for a barb or really any class doing say 100k damage ? yes or no?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]