Diablo® III

LS nerf incoming

LS is grossly overpowered, dunno how anyone can disagree with that and is one of the bigger flaws with the game, not sure how anyone can argue that. I have to see the actual changes they suggest to determine if their fix makes sense though.

Sure it might be grossly OP if you are doing 1000000000k damage, but for anybody around 100k it is barely adequate right now. I would be dropping like a stone if I didn't use Rend for my heal. LS needs to actually scale so it functions as an alternative to LoH for builds that don't use flurry type attacks. It should also not exist as a trickle type heal. I remember my Zealadin in D2 would use about 30% life steal and I still died, because by making my build based on pure offense I was playing it fast and loose. I miss an attack, and I usually died because all of my focus was on attack speed, damage, and life steal.

Since monster damage in this game is horribly inflated already, why not allow significant amounts of life steal to exist? Of course, since crit already needs fixed, damage will be reduced when that is fixed, so you won't be healing for 10x your life every second or two.
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 06:33 PMPosted by Detnyj
They don't even NEED life steal, haha.

wtf
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 10:24 PMPosted by BattleToad
They don't even NEED life steal, haha.

wtf

You don't need it. I'm sure somebody is doing something with all of those items that have high res, high vit, and high life/sec. Sure, you aren't getting kills, but you also aren't getting killed!
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 09:51 PMPosted by Raila
Since monster damage in this game is horribly inflated already, why not allow significant amounts of life steal to exist?

I'm confused, isn't monster HP the one that's horribly inflated in this game? rofl.

Anyway, LS needs a nerf somewhat. It's been what? a year already and only now do the dev's realize this fatal flaw in their formula. A strong two handed weapon like a Skorn in itself provides the greatest examples of literal abuse regarding this mechanic.

I even uploaded a video facerolling MP10 with it using crap... 7 months ago! rofl, which is still up by the way.

Also, I am particularly bothered by another concrete example which is Shadow Power - Gloom. I heal about 30k-40k per tick (around 60k-80k per second) with it turned on.

I can't imagine how i can die with it. Seriously. A lot to be done, and a lot more to go.
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 10:32 PMPosted by ZRaiyne
Since monster damage in this game is horribly inflated already, why not allow significant amounts of life steal to exist?

I'm confused, isn't monster HP the one that's horribly inflated in this game? rofl.

Anyway, LS needs a nerf somewhat. It's been what? a year already and only now do the dev's realize this fatal flaw in their formula. A strong two handed weapon like a Skorn in itself provides the greatest examples of literal abuse regarding this mechanic.

I even uploaded a video facerolling MP10 with it using crap... 7 months ago! rofl, which is still up by the way.

Also, I am particularly bothered by another concrete example which is Shadow Power - Gloom. I heal about 30k-40k per tick (around 60k-80k per second) with it turned on.

I can't imagine how i can die with it. Seriously. A lot to be done, and a lot more to go.

Remember, if the game is balanced around high dps, then it just gives the less geared players the shaft. LS is already mostly useless for under 100k. Nerfing it any more would make it completely worthless. If you don't play with a build that does flurry type attacks, LoH loses a lot of usefulness, so your only options are go absurdly high with LoH or get LS.

Like I said, damage needs to be nerfed first, You should NEVER be able to do enough damage to one shot an entire elite pack. If the fight didn't last at least 15 seconds, you are doing too much damage. Damage should not be high enough that you can kill yourself more than once instantly.
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 10:40 PMPosted by Raila
Like I said, damage needs to be nerfed first, You should NEVER be able to do enough damage to one shot an entire elite pack. If the fight didn't last at least 15 seconds, you are doing too much damage

I don't understand what you are trying to say,

Anyway, this is the video. Very far from 1 shotting that you've mentioned.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfbdUJAwyIQ

Also, I looked at your gears. They are better or on par with mine, 7 months ago.

Back then decent IK chests were at least 70m a piece and an STR Skorn w/o LS were 20m a piece. Hence the 120m budget term i used before.

You and the new generation are very lucky to have green legendary's accessible within a 500k budget. During my time, they were mostly reserved for the elite especially the witching hours.

Looking at your build and skill choices, it might not be the mechanic that's the problem. It is most likely your playstyle and all the factors involved with it. (gear to skill sync, etc.)

Words of advice on your current build. Drop the aspd on your items. They do not benefit your skill choices unless you are building a WW barb.
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 7/22/2013 11:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Wyatt is pretty insightful. Too many people are asking for updates, so it's far easier for him to troll them with a stupid idea so they stop asking.
Reply Quote
They truly are WoWifying the game. No more burst death... every time you die now it's with dignity ( a slow, predictable death).
Reply Quote
A lifesteal nerf?

LOL
in Inferno lifesteal is also reduced to 1/4. to chop it in half it's effect would now be 1/8th of what it's value is?... LoL why even have it as a stat.

My life steal rate is 2%.. well 1/4 of that is .5 let's chop it in half! now it's 0.25%.... ..... yea.
Reply Quote
I really hope they don't replace LS with LPSS in terms of efficiency. LPSS is a pain in the rear and incredibly unreliable precisely because it relies on spending spirit. Most builds spend spirit in big chunks that tend not to happen every second (or multiple times per second), especially once you average it out over time.

End result is that even if LPSS did vastly more healing than LS, there are lots of situations where it would get you killed from burst where LS wouldn't.

I'd be cool with nerfing LS if they buffed LoH immensely. Always liked LoH, it was fun on May 16th (2012) when I first reached endgame, but it dies at gear levels beyond Act I inferno.
Edited by Zeriel#1544 on 7/22/2013 11:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1st I hear
Barb nerff
Wiz nerff
CD nerff
now LS nerff

What about items buff, HP nerff, DPS nerff for elites.

Blizzard you working on the wrong things ! COE should do better job and hire someone better !

When nerffing something was ever good ?

Monsters have been nerfed something like 80% health and damage since release. If anything, monsters could use buffing, or some endgame mode implemented. No, MP doesn't count.
Edited by Zeriel#1544 on 7/22/2013 11:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Barbarians would actually have it the best, since they have the most options to cope with it.

MP10 is kind of the problem, though--it's an utterly pointless thing. Vastly more HP and damage for a tiny bit more reward. The only reason people do it is for the challenge of the thing--there are no achievement rewards, it is not efficient, the drops aren't different, et cetera.

I appreciate they implemented the MP system as a quick fix to people wanting vastly different difficulty between players in Inferno, but damn, I really hope the expansion does away with it and replaces it with a more comprehensive system of content.
Reply Quote
[quote="94984868702"]

If you can't imagine how you could die with Shadowpower/gloom up ... turn up the MP level. Theory crafting when you obviously cannot play MP10 is kind of sad.

This game is already in real trouble and nerfing anything at this point will just speed up the demise.
Reply Quote
This thread is a perfect example of why Blizzard does not talk to us more often. They said one thing, and people blow it way out of proportion, or assume that something is already planned when in fact they are still iterating on certain aspects of the game.

/facepalm
Reply Quote

Monsters have been nerfed something like 80% health and damage since release. If anything, monsters could use buffing, or some endgame mode implemented. No, MP doesn't count.

If they nerff LS how can we farm mp10 now ? Not even 100k HP and 800AR can help . They will force all barbs to use Rend + 9% life . WW build will die . No idea about other classes but i am sure WD with no LS cannot farm at all. DH always die and monk without LS will be forced into one build. Wizard are the only one that can farm without LS ithink .

dude. read the article. your embarrassing yourself here. lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]