Diablo® III

Players over 65 please say "Hi"

The wife and I are both in our mid 70s and playing D3, currently in Inferno. Please don't tell the wife I gave her age!!!! I might well receive the sharp end of her Rare Spear in the middle of my chest!
We both played our first RPG (Dungeons and Dragons) on a 64 TI about 30 or so years ago and have been avid monster killers ever since. Is there a community of really old farts into D3??
Reply Quote
Wow, I'm in awe. For one, to be married to someone for so long, and also for keeping video games in your life. I commend you, sir, and I hope to one day be like that.

I'm 22, by the way, so you can make some fun if you like about me being young :D
Reply Quote
Wow, you have a LOT of vitality, but barely any damage. Your wife must be the damage dealer.
Reply Quote
The wife and I are both in our mid 70s and playing D3, currently in Inferno. Please don't tell the wife I gave her age!!!! I might well receive the sharp end of her Rare Spear in the middle of my chest!
We both played our first RPG (Dungeons and Dragons) on a 64 TI about 30 or so years ago and have been avid monster killers ever since. Is there a community of really old farts into D3??

And I thought at 41, I was part of the older crowd.

**applauds**... nice...

But I gotta ask... Who's better at D3? you or the wife?
Reply Quote
Hey Axelord, do you think I would still be married to the same gal after 54 years if I answered that question honestly?
Reply Quote
07/19/2013 11:30 AMPosted by KILLDOC
Hey Axelord, do you think I would still be married to the same gal after 54 years if I answered that question honestly?
Yes, because we know the truth is it's your wife ;) Honestly, I'm 36, been with the same woman for 18 years, she does not game, and the truth is she is better at D3 than me.
Reply Quote
Ravenprince, did you get most of that eqpt in inferno?? You see what I have and it has been hard to come by.
Reply Quote
Rv1in, I'm not about to dispute your conclusion!
Reply Quote
07/19/2013 11:34 AMPosted by KILLDOC
Ravenprince, did you get most of that eqpt in inferno?? You see what I have and it has been hard to come by.

Most from the auction house to be honest. My chest and bracers were crafted.
Reply Quote
Are you for real? I didn't know people that old that play video games. People at that age usually have can't move well, can't see well or can't keep themselves up by doing the same boring, repetitive runs.
Reply Quote
07/19/2013 11:46 AMPosted by koros
Are you for real? I didn't know people that old that play video games. People at that age usually have can't move well, can't see well or can't keep themselves up by doing the same boring, repetitive runs.

Go to Vegas sometime, them old people are really fast at clicking on the slot machines =)
Reply Quote
Wow, 71, a gamer and can post on the forums. My dad is 69 and can barely answer the new phone I bought him. Mucho impressed w/ you KILLDOC. /tips hat
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Cheers to the OP! Glad to hear you and your wife enjoy gaming together. There certainly are other gamers out there in your age range, but we don't see them often on the D3 forums. My parents are a tiny bit younger than you and I have been trying to get my mother into gaming (dad is very tech savvy but is too busy hiking). She is starting to have some memory loss issues and interactive gaming, particularly MMOs, can help retain what is left. Sadly, all she will play is solitaire and mahjong.
Reply Quote
OP you are awesome. At age 30, I thought I was old for a gamer.
Reply Quote
I have an old soul, does that count?
Reply Quote
71 years old and still a gamer, you have my respect sir.
Reply Quote
There is a misconception about old farts. Many of us are still very actively involved in all aspects of life. About the only limitation I now have is scuba/snorkeling because of being a laryngectomee -- 50 years of two packs a day won me that award! Of course I don't have the physical stamina I once had, but mentally don't tangle with me unless you are correct. MissCheetah, you are right on. I truly believe that fast moving video games are very helpful in maintaining mental acuity and hand eye coordination. Besides it's a hell of a lot of fun!
Still waiting for "over 65" to post -- hard to believe there aren't any!
Reply Quote
65 is still a ways off for me but I have made it to 56. Started playing the Diablo franchise in 1996 with Diablo 1 and have been hooked ever since. Would love to do some key farming and/or uber fights with you and your wife. I'm always eager to make online D3 friends with anyone who doesn't refer to me as "dude" or "bro".

Congratulations on making it into the septuagenarian club and to still be enjoying the digital gaming world.
Reply Quote
46 here and I can't imagine ever stopping gaming. I love to see people older than myself still having a good time being a kid! :D I mean at what age do you become too old for fun?

I have a friend who is in her 60's and plays more games than I do. Her whole family games together down through her grandchildren. Last time I was chatting with her on facebook she says "GOTTA RUN my raid party is about to go in!" playing WoW.

I see you run a barb, what class does your wife play?
Reply Quote
I salute you!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]