Diablo® III

Players over 65 please say "Hi"

View profile
I look forward to gaming at 65, eight more years to go for me.
Reply Quote
07/19/2013 10:47 AMPosted by KILLDOC
Please don't tell the wife I gave her age!

Hehe
Reply Quote
Okay.....only 51 years young here. Playing video games since pong. CRPG since Neverwinter Nights. Some PnP DnD during my college years too.

Much respect ++ to the OP, KILLDOC.
Reply Quote
07/19/2013 10:47 AMPosted by KILLDOC
The wife and I are both in our mid 70s and playing D3

My role model...

Keep gaming - it keep you entertained as well as keep you mentally sharp!
Reply Quote
There is a misconception about old farts. Many of us are still very actively involved in all aspects of life. About the only limitation I now have is scuba/snorkeling because of being a laryngectomee -- 50 years of two packs a day won me that award! Of course I don't have the physical stamina I once had, but mentally don't tangle with me unless you are correct. MissCheetah, you are right on. I truly believe that fast moving video games are very helpful in maintaining mental acuity and hand eye coordination. Besides it's a hell of a lot of fun!
Still waiting for "over 65" to post -- hard to believe there aren't any!

I will be 42 in September, however when/if I make it to 65 I will still be playing.
Reply Quote
How long until this thread devolves into an argument about self found or flipping?

Also cheers OP.

When I was 16 Self-found was uphill both ways in 10 inches of snow. :)
Reply Quote
Awesome to hear OP, I am 38 and while my Wife does not play (wish she did), she fully supports me and my gaming addiction.

Glad to hear we got some OG's playing :)
Reply Quote
How long until this thread devolves into an argument about self found or flipping?

Also cheers OP.

When I was 16 Self-found was uphill both ways in 10 inches of snow. :)

HA!
Reply Quote
Hi i'm 65 this year and have been playing D3 since day one and still enjoying it.
Reply Quote
hi op, i'm going on 50 this coming October, glad hit the half century mark. i have been always been an (a)RPG addict - never winter nights, dragon origins, divine divinity, d2... glad to know i'm not the only one addicted to this game.
Reply Quote
SHHHHHH
No one is supposed to know we are that old Raz!!!
Also remember that if you average the physical and mental ages together most of us aren't out of our teens yet!!

and in my case NEVER WILL BE!! =]
Reply Quote
holy cow I hope I am still gaming 25yrs later! :)
Reply Quote
07/20/2013 12:57 AMPosted by SantaDeath
No one is supposed to know we are that old Raz!!!

can't deny it anymore, can't "SHHHHHH" all my life here... lol

hey there santa, i was thinking your on your mid 30's... seriously, as they say "age is just a number" thus i concur, my 30 year old farming buddies can't keep up with me in farming and grinding out xp...
Reply Quote
Well I'm sure gamers above 65 play, but this forum isn't the nicest place and so kind faces don't stay long. You may have difficulty finding any to respond to you.
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Priest
The wife and I are both in our mid 70s and playing D3, currently in Inferno. Please don't tell the wife I gave her age!!!! I might well receive the sharp end of her Rare Spear in the middle of my chest!
We both played our first RPG (Dungeons and Dragons) on a 64 TI about 30 or so years ago and have been avid monster killers ever since. Is there a community of really old farts into D3??

And I thought at 41, I was part of the older crowd.

**applauds**... nice...

But I gotta ask... Who's better at D3? you or the wife?

You can't be good at Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
07/20/2013 04:24 AMPosted by Southbronx

Maybe not - but he rocks at being gracious, genuine and entertaining. Take notes young grasshopper.

Kudos to you and your wife KILLDOC. Keep on playing.
Reply Quote
07/20/2013 04:54 AMPosted by Anniveve

Maybe not - but he rocks at being gracious, genuine and entertaining. Take notes young grasshopper.

Kudos to you and your wife KILLDOC. Keep on playing.

I think he was implying that Diablo 3 doesn't really have much way to be skillful, not that the fellow himself wasn't skillful. ;)

Great thread, though. May we all live to game as long as possible.
Reply Quote

And I thought at 41, I was part of the older crowd.

**applauds**... nice...

But I gotta ask... Who's better at D3? you or the wife?

If your post is directed at the OP then it is a totally gratuitous,ill-mannered,perhaps wrong,immature,disrespectful, bigoted,ungracious, off-topic,callous,and ignorant post. I thought you had to be 17 and fairly mature to play Diablo, You are apparently neither.

And for your info, deep reflexes barely wither with age and any loss in reaction times associated with old age can be increased with physical activity. Studies have also shown that what is perceived as slow in the elderly is more the result of being be deliberate rather than loss of reaction time .

The level of education has also been shown to significantly lower reactions times and reflexes in the elderly. Education increases the number of connections within the brain and increases the size and ability of parts of the brain that have an indirect effect on reaction times. Given the level of your education as gleened from your post it could very well be that the OP is better at Diablo than you.

My mother died at the age of 92 and when she died she was sharp as a tack and totally self-sufficient. I think she could have run circles around you at any game,particularly one that requires intelligence and fast thinking.

And I don't suppose that your assessment included 30 years of gaming experience.

Social graces and D3 are two things that require skill. I humbly suggest you begin to work on the former, they are far more important than a PC game. I am surprised you did not request a special server for the elderly.

If your comment was not directed at the OP and his ability to play Diablo well and were associated with a factor other than his age I apologize to you for this post.
Edited by hawkeye#1460 on 7/20/2013 6:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
hehe, im not too old but there is a large community of older players in the hardcore section (its fun if you got bored of the regular game from playing too much haha). so at 25 im probably the youngest person there XD

good luck in the future, hope you all get to kill diablo :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]