Diablo® III

D3 was never supposed to be the second coming

So you're upset that D3 wasn't the game you expected?
YES, it wasn't the game we were promised.
YES, it wasn't superior to D2.
YES, it's a game with fun elements, but crucial flaws.

Oh wait, you're still here, complaining about it?

Diablo 3 was released in MAY of 2012.
It's ALMOST a YEAR AND A HALF OLD.
If you're still complaining about it...

GET YOURSELF A <removed> LIFE.

Clearly, if you're still complaining on these forums, as much as you might say you hate this game, you're clearly obsessed with it. Maybe, MAYBE, some of you are new players; but there is no reasonable way, after all the flak this game has gotten, that most of the complainers are new players.

Nope, you're mostly long-term players who can't get past how much this game dissapointed you, but clearly, you can't stop playing either.

Until you can make up your mind, stop posting, you <removed>.
Edited by Delumriel on 7/22/2013 1:02 PM PDT
07/22/2013 01:30 AMPosted by Japhasca
Clearly, if you're still complaining on these forums, as much as you might say you hate this game, you're clearly obsessed with it.

Yes, you are right. I am obsessed with the Diablo franchise. Which is why I and many others still hang around here, hoping that something will change and this train wreck misleadingly called Diablo 3 will get worthy of the Diablo name.
I totaly agree with CuttRogue. I am a 31 year old Swede here who was totaly addicted to Diablo 2 and still do linger here and play D3 but everytime I do so it reminds me of what it could have been.

I wrote it in another post on this forum but the only good thing going on in D3 is the gameflow of the characters and monsters. Else it lacks content, Bad storyline (as said kill of Cain vs Maghda?), Totaly void of creativity since there is not enough dept in customization in either skill system or item attributes. So the list goes on.
Edited by Crysanti#1116 on 7/22/2013 2:32 AM PDT
you agree with us ... and then you complain about our crticism? O.o
Edited by Delumriel on 7/22/2013 1:03 PM PDT
07/22/2013 01:47 AMPosted by End
Lol. Only reason why you're so upset is because everything we say about DIII is true.
Na, I don't think the haters and whiners that are left even begin to understand what happened with D3 you included.

You can't move past the loss of the bot,dupes,hacks, and exploits you used as a crutch in D2 for a decade. Yes I said bots, the ones in D2 make these look like they almost don't exist in comparison. Not so much that they changed but how D3 cut them down.

Rng has stopped the ability to set a bot up that would spend days finding the perfect white for an enigma. Not traveling between acts has gutted the ability to do Chaos runs, and of course the loss of the ability to make named games has killed off things like the hammerdin botted baal runs yet you all whine about this and cry to get them back.

You cry how you whine because you love the game, but apparently not enough to stop you from demanding the same things that turned D2 into a cesspool back.
D3 I find to be quite an improvement

Shared stash with multiple pages (blizzard should build http://modsreloaded.com/plugy-the-survival-kit into D2)
More inventory space in general
Deemphasizing the bosses
No full rejuvenation potion spamming
Making bosses proper fights you can't TP away from and dieing actually matter outside of HC
More detailed character sheets
Better enemy scale, imps to siege breakers
Stackable shrines
Monster summons number reduction, 8 players, 8 mercs, 8 players means maybe two summoner mancers with 20+ summons each.

those are all positives and were things I saw as being good from before release.

Some others were things I like but haven't quite worked out, The granular skill system with runes hasn't quite worked as well as I had hoped mainly down to the half hearted approach the game has to Elemental effects.

Example take the Hydra spell, a principally fire based skill but what If you don't like fire but like the gameplay of skill, now i can have Ice or poison but in game terms who cares
the only reason people are still complaining is because we love the FRANCHISE
we love diablo
and this red headed stepchild, we still want to love him, even though he stole from his mom, kicked the family dog, and generally pissed everyone off

it's when people stop complaining you know we don't give a !@#$ anymore
No, it wasn't supposed to be the second coming of Jesus.

However, imagine Ferrari releasing a brand new 2013-Super-Sport-GTI model, BUT turns out it has 3 wheels, a 1,5 litre engine, no air-con, a square steering wheel and seats are made of that material that's making your butt itch.

Is the car bad because people were expecting too much from Ferrari, or is the car bad because.... its just bad?

Be honest with yourself.
No, it wasn't supposed to be the second coming of Jesus.

However, imagine Ferrari releasing a brand new 2013-Super-Sport-GTI model, BUT turns out it has 3 wheels, a 1,5 litre engine, no air-con, a square steering wheel and seats are made of that material that's making your butt itch.

Is the car bad because people were expecting too much from Ferrari, or is the car bad because.... its just bad?

Be honest with yourself.

+1
Too bad your comparison fails since.. noone would actually think a 3 wheel ferrari is decent.

Yet there's plenty of old d2 veterans who enjoy d3 - myself included.

Try again.

I see you are not honest with yourself.
You should be happy that all the haters continue to support the game forums and content regularly. These are the numbers that help Blizzard determine if they should continue to support this version of Diablo 3 or move on to Diablo 4.

Thanks in large part to the haters sticking with us for 1.5 years we now have a confirmed release of the console versions, major patches in the work and an expansion pack.

It may seem like backwards thinking but we've seen this echoed in reality. Howard Stern is a common example of someone who remained popular because those who hated him kept supporting him by tuning in regularly.

Thank you haters. Your refusal to leave will keep Diablo 3 strong for many years to come. We might even get multiple expansion packs thanks to your stubbornness. From someone who legitimately loves this game, I can only hope you keep up your endless nerdrage.
20 Pandaren Monk
07/22/2013 01:30 AMPosted by Japhasca
YES, it wasn't superior to D2.

wrong
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]