Diablo® III

D3 was never supposed to be the second coming

07/22/2013 04:12 AMPosted by Skillol
I see you fail at arguing. Nothing new for a hater.

You sound like you're 5 years old.

It's not my fault you're to dense to understand a simple comparison.

Not to mention your excessive use of the word "fail", i'm convinced you're 5 years old.

Go watch some ponies and stop embarassing yourself.
It seems to me the haters' collective presence and negative criticism was influential in the decision to push forward with loot 2.0.

If they left quietly, would loot 2.0 still happen? I don't think so.
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 7/22/2013 5:04 AM PDT
It seems to me the haters' collective presence and negative criticism was influential in the decision to push forward with loot 2.0.

If they left quietly, would loot 2.0 still happen? I don't think so.

It seems to me that just about everything added to the game was planned from the beginning.

Loot 2.0 will center around the mystic. I suspect that Blizzard were going to add her, but just decided to take their time and wait a year to do it . It has many benefits. If they released the game with all those additions, then what would there be to make people return to the game after every patch release?
No, it wasn't supposed to be the second coming of Jesus.

However, imagine Ferrari releasing a brand new 2013-Super-Sport-GTI model, BUT turns out it has 3 wheels, a 1,5 litre engine, no air-con, a square steering wheel and seats are made of that material that's making your butt itch.

Is the car bad because people were expecting too much from Ferrari, or is the car bad because.... its just bad?

Be honest with yourself.

Too bad your comparison fails since.. noone would actually think a 3 wheel ferrari is decent.

Yet there's plenty of old d2 veterans who enjoy d3 - myself included.

Try again.

• No true Diablo fan would actually think a non-randomized, small, linear game world is decent.
  • No true Diablo fan would actually think a cartooney and wow-inspired art style and design of the game is decent.
  • No true Diablo fan would actually think a butterflies killing Cain is gonna be a cool story twist.
  • No true Diablo fan would actually think a constant, idiotic dialogs and cut-scenes popping every time you load a game will make a story more personal.
  • No true Diablo fan would actually think a Real Money Auction House will work.
  • No true Diablo fan would actually think a completely shallow, uninspired items with several damage mods that are desirable will be Diablo-worthy itemization.
  • No true Diablo fan would actually think Legendaries that are worse than blue items, which they were at release, will be decent.
  • No true Diablo fan would actually think a complete removal of any character progression from an Action Role Playing Game, that Diablo 3 should have been, will be decent.
  • No true Diablo fan would actually think he needs a decent Diablo game.
  • Edited by CuttRogue#2836 on 7/22/2013 5:46 AM PDT
    If i'm 5 years old then you must be around 2 considering your attempts at insulting me. Keep it up.

Not my fault you have no idea how to make a proper comparison son.

I wasn't even trying to insult you.
    You must be a very insecure human being.

I'm sorry if i made you feel threatened, i know some people can get very emotional over the internet.
    83 Gnome Mage
    Come on, guys. Put those things away before somebody loses an eye.
    If i'm 5 years old then you must be around 2 considering your attempts at insulting me. Keep it up.

Not my fault you have no idea how to make a proper comparison son.

I wasn't even trying to insult you.
    You must be a very insecure human being.

I'm sorry if i made you feel threatened, i know some people can get very emotional over the internet.

Can you both cut the crap.

You must be 5! No you must be 5! No no you must be 5!

Talk about diablo!
    No true Diablo fan™ would disagree with me
    Wow OP, your opinion on this is so new and original.

Did you really truly create such a controversial and provocative ideology all on your lonesome?
    Wow OP, your opinion on this is so new and original.

Did you really truly create such a controversial and provocative ideology all on your lonesome?
    And yet it touched your nerves.
    We're still here because we're playing Diablo 3's REAL endgame. The forums!
    20 Pandaren Monk
    07/22/2013 05:33 AMPosted by vexorian
    then what would there be to make people return to the game after every patch release?

they dont care if you return, they have your money
    ^ They want you to return, constantly.

Who else is going to buy RMAH stuff? Who is going to buy the expansion?

07/22/2013 05:51 AMPosted by Rhyas9
    We're still here because we're playing Diablo 3's REAL endgame. The forums!
    A nice rationalization.
    Edited by vexorian#1817 on 7/22/2013 5:53 AM PDT
    20 Pandaren Monk
    07/22/2013 05:51 AMPosted by vexorian
    Who is going to buy the expansion?

you will, even if you say you won't right now, you still will
    07/22/2013 05:50 AMPosted by Skillol
    Dribble dribble

So in short whoever disagrees with you isn't a true diablo fan.

Well good sir, you're delusional. End of.

Same could be said about this
    Too bad your comparison fails since.. noone would actually think a 3 wheel ferrari is decent.
    07/22/2013 05:54 AMPosted by Phugen
    you will, even if you say you won't right now, you still will
    *I* probably will, unless they ban me again for using Linux.

I am just talking about blizzard's long term strategy, and saying it is unlikely the hater drivel had any effect on Blizzard's plans for the game. It seems they release the game in bits and most of the changes that will come were already planned.

I mean really, the Mystic is even already in the game. You rescue her from the spider queen. Loot 2.0 is not a rehash of the game, it is just completing features that were already announced years before release.
    Edited by vexorian#1817 on 7/22/2013 6:15 AM PDT
    This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]