Diablo® III

D3 was never supposed to be the second coming

Because a good d3 is the game people deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt d3, because it can take it
let us make that opinion sticky ->
the only reason people are still complaining is because we love the FRANCHISE
we love diablo

There has never been a typical "fanboy vs. hater" stuff for D3 in these forums. Nonetheless, there is a !@#$-storm of unimagined size. Why?

Because it is "fanboy vs. fanboy" !

All of us fanboys from "either side" come with passion and (mostly) argumentation. Adoring either D1+D2 or D3 (respectively, Blizzard North or Blizzard "South" / Activision).

(A "hater" could not and thus would make these "arguments" end quickly.)

Passion makes these forums by far the most epic aspect D3 "offers" at this moment. The most epic "battle" beyond imagination the world of gamers has ever seen.

Blizz had renounced a lot of things that are important key elements in D2 for a lot of fanboys. Blizz has created a %^-*-storm that even we D2-fanboys have never wanted, but consider to be justified and thus even support it.

Josh Mosqueira asked: "How closely, as we're thinking about the future, how closely should we stick to the Diablo 2 formula and how can we keep pushing Diablo 3 into it's own space and own identity?" (http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-3-developer-interview-podcast-part-2)
-> The Diablo franchise formula is ARPG, so make D3 an ARPG!
-> The D2 formula towards D1 was: make it a better ARPG. So make D3 a better ARPG as D2.
-> That is not difficult because D2 still has many flaws. You have improved the "A" part. Now you have to improve the "RP" part, that you mostly discarded shortly before release.
-> The overall D2 forumla was: make a lot of gamers happy, be it an (A)RPG fan or an A(RP)G fan
Edited by enkidu#2670 on 7/22/2013 8:38 AM PDT
Wow OP, your opinion on this is so new and original.

Did you really truly create such a controversial and provocative ideology all on your lonesome?
And yet it touched your nerves.

Ah, the infamous "lol your mad" response.

• No true Diablo fan would actually think a non-randomized, small, linear game world is decent.
  • No true Diablo fan would actually think a cartooney and wow-inspired art style and design of the game is decent.
  • No true Diablo fan would actually think a butterflies killing Cain is gonna be a cool story twist.
  • No true Diablo fan would actually think a constant, idiotic dialogs and cut-scenes popping every time you load a game will make a story more personal.
  • No true Diablo fan would actually think a Real Money Auction House will work.
  • No true Diablo fan would actually think a completely shallow, uninspired items with several damage mods that are desirable will be Diablo-worthy itemization.
  • No true Diablo fan would actually think Legendaries that are worse than blue items, which they were at release, will be decent.
  • No true Diablo fan would actually think a complete removal of any character progression from an Action Role Playing Game, that Diablo 3 should have been, will be decent.
  • No true Diablo fan would actually think he needs a decent Diablo game.

• Have to disagree with you some. Many people have stated the graphics are "wow inspired" I call BS on this. I have played wow. And from my perspective (maybe its my system) the graphics are waaay better in D3 than they are in wowland. Just saying.

Doesn't matter. I'm mostly happy with the game, and I continue to play nearly every day and still have lots of people to play with. You can find me in public games, or playing HC, or doing Uber runs, hell whatever.

See you in the trenches.
    I'm mostly happy with the game, and I continue to play nearly every day and still have lots of people to play with. You can find me in public games, or playing HC, or doing Uber runs, hell whatever.

Im with you on this. I recently went on holiday and took my laptop with me, but D3 wouldnt play on it. So as I still had my old D2 account I thought, oh well why not roll out D2 to fill the gap. I was really disappointed to find that my D2 days are well and truly over and I can no longer play and enjoy it since I have played D3.

So I bought myself another laptop which was capable of running D3 and was able to play D3 while the weather was too bad to go outside. Good game, love it.
    07/22/2013 08:34 AMPosted by Dolla
    Ah, the infamous "lol your mad" response.
    Better than appeal to lack of originality.

07/22/2013 05:48 AMPosted by Dolla
    Wow OP, your opinion on this is so new and original.

Haters on the other hand are ultra super duper original.
    Wow now i wish i didn't put any effort into my earlier post
    I like D3 and I think it is superior than D2.
    View profile
    Rng has stopped the ability to HAVE FUN. Not traveling between acts has gutted the FUN and of course the loss of the ability to make named games has killed off things like FUN yet you all whine about this and cry to get them back.

Here I fixed your post for you.
    People post on these forums because it's the only interesting activity the game presents you with. Sure D3 is a disaster, but come to the forums to hear about how it could be fixed one day, maybe!

07/22/2013 07:15 AMPosted by dikster
    Because a good d3 is the game people deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt d3, because it can take it

The only post in this thread that matters.
    D2 is still played today... Well over 10yrs later... How dare we expect something to be worth of the name Diablo... Just, how dare we..

The 1st 3 sentences of your post say it all...Though ill do you one better...

How dare YOU, defend just mediocrety.. Why be so content with less? Why be content with a game that still hasnt delivered what it advertised? Why do ppl like you, encourage less than the best someone, or some company has to offer?

You sir, (or son, more likely) are the problem...
    lol@serious replies to TC. Kid is clearly trolling. And even if he's not; his intelligence level is far too low to bother trying to reason with him.
    Edited by WetSkinFlute#1246 on 7/22/2013 10:13 AM PDT
    D2 is still played today... Well over 10yrs later... How dare we expect something to be worth of the name Diablo... Just, how dare we..

The 1st 3 sentences of your post say it all...Though ill do you one better...

How dare YOU, defend just mediocrety.. Why be so content with less? Why be content with a game that still hasnt delivered what it advertised? Why do ppl like you, encourage less than the best someone, or some company has to offer?

You sir, (or son, more likely) are the problem...

And who's to say that Diablo 3 won't still be played as much 10 years from now? I mean really? lol
    Tell me where is PROMISED by Jay Wilson PvP. No not this "pvp", but arenas pvp. They promised i bought game. 1.5 year later still not there. Thats why i dont play this anymore.

And funny thing -they actually showed arenas 3v3 at 2010.
    Did anyone ever consider that people stick around the forums because threads like these are so entertaining?

Pull up a board too while you're at it :)
    http://theawesomer.com/photos/2011/08/081511_internet_argument_bingo_1.jpg
    83 Gnome Mage
    And who's to say that Diablo 3 won't still be played as much 10 years from now? I mean really? lol

I'd say there will most certainly be a crazy obsessed group of people still playing it in 10 years. It's just going to be a different group from the crazy obsessed people who played D2 for 10 years.
    This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]