Diablo® III

Duplicate, not once, not twice, not thrice but 4 times

Blizz team, there are 4 similar items in the Real Money Auction House. My link below is a screenshot showing the first 4 items are exactly the same. Is your team going to do something about this? It is obvious duplicating of items and according to your terms and conditions, it is not allowed. Here is the result of your side allowing ridiculous rollbacks of accounts. The screenshot is taken today, just a few moments ago.

http://postimg.org/image/fevn1pfst/

The stats are exactly the same and they are still in RMAH with many more hours left. The most ridiculous thing that has ever been implemented in this game is rollbacks of accounts. Seriously, rollbacks?

The most outrageous part is this cheating player seems to be allowed to restore/rollback his account 4 (FOUR) TIMES over and over and over and over again. 4 (FOUR) TIMES!! You indirectly allowed players to duplicate not once, not twice, not thrice BUT FOUR TIMES?!?! Your judgement of handling such 'restore' requests is seriously being questioned here. How can you expect normal players like me not to be pissed off?
Reply Quote
If you did some searching... you'd realize there is no need to post this.

Blizzard's known about the dupes for a long time and they refuse to do anything about current dupes in the game. They finally, after too long of a time, changed their rollback policy, so that all items that get "rolled back" onto said character are account bound and can't be traded.
Reply Quote
Try some math mate, you dupe once you have two, dupe a second time and you get 4.

The rollback dupe has been fixed, gear becomes account bound on a rollback.
Reply Quote
Items can have the same name and stats and not be dupes.

Calm down.

And also, yes items become bound if you get a rollback. I think that has been the standard since Blizzard started offering rollbacks in fact.
Reply Quote

Calm down.

And also, yes items become bound if you get a rollback. I think that has been the standard since Blizzard started offering rollbacks in fact.

No. Rollbacks were the primary source of dupes until the BoA restrictions were made on rolled back characters. All the dupes you see today, including the ones shown by the OP, are remnants of rollback dupes. There is currently no way to dupe in the game.
Reply Quote
OP you want something to blow your mind? Look at the top Heroscore of Barbarians are Diablo progress. 48 out of 50 top barbarians in the world are using the same amulet.

Blizz doesn't care about duping top items because that generates revenue for them too, these are going for $250 on the RMAH and instantly bought out.
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 09:35 PMPosted by hell2kane
The most outrageous part is this cheating player seems to be allowed to restore/rollback his account 4 (FOUR) TIMES over and over and over and over again. 4 (FOUR) TIMES!! You indirectly allowed players to duplicate not once, not twice, not thrice BUT FOUR TIMES?!?! Your judgement of handling such 'restore' requests is seriously being questioned here. How can you expect normal players like me not to be pissed off?

I actually find this part a bit funny, sorry OP! :P

It's just that, there are literally hundreds if not thousands of Teeming Necklaces. Take solace in the fact that it's not possible any more. :)
Edited by DamienJohn#1321 on 7/23/2013 2:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Calm down.

No that was only changed a few months ago to stop exactly this kind of duping and as far as I know they have been doing roll backs since day one.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8481098275

Duplicate items can drop though as you pointed out. If you check my barbs helm on DP last I looked there were three with exact same stats and I dropped mine and have never had a roll back. Items like IK helm with few stats and fairly tight stat ranges are bound to drop exactly the same as others.
Reply Quote
OP you want something to blow your mind? Look at the top Heroscore of Barbarians are Diablo progress. 48 out of 50 top barbarians in the world are using the same amulet.

Blizz doesn't care about duping top items because that generates revenue for them too, these are going for $250 on the RMAH and instantly bought out.

LoL another moronic statement from a guy without a clue. I have seen Blizzard ban 50k players in wow in one pass. that is 50k x 15.00 a month lost , and it is lost every month after the ban. These items that you are worried about were the result of people exploiting Blizzards good intentions in restoring hacked accounts. I imagine they do not show up on the database as extra items or such. It would be unfair to those that were actually compromised an given a restore. Blizzard has always errored on the side of the customer whenever possible.

To make the statement you made is simply ignorance of the situation, and pretty mindless at that.
Reply Quote
07/23/2013 02:41 AMPosted by DamienJohn
There is currently no way to dupe in the game

- I have godly objectX
- I sell objectX on AH
- I fake a stolen account.
- I ask rollback

A dupe has been created, its just that there is only one dupe.
Reply Quote

LoL another moronic statement from a guy without a clue. I have seen Blizzard ban 50k players in wow in one pass. that is 50k x 15.00 a month lost , and it is lost every month after the ban. These items that you are worried about were the result of people exploiting Blizzards good intentions in restoring hacked accounts. I imagine they do not show up on the database as extra items or such. It would be unfair to those that were actually compromised an given a restore. Blizzard has always errored on the side of the customer whenever possible.

To make the statement you made is simply ignorance of the situation, and pretty mindless at that.

lol go back WoW moron.
Reply Quote
There is currently no way to dupe in the game

- I have godly objectX
- I sell objectX on AH
- I ask rollback

He even told you why that dupe is no longer possible in the post you quoted out of context not to mention all the other posts talking about why that method of duping is no longer poss-i-ble...it never ceases to amaze me how dense some people can be.
Edited by shreloche#1427 on 7/23/2013 11:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I am suprised your post has not been deleted. I have posted similar in the past and was deleted immediately. Later was asked to please just email then when I find dupes etc. Which I have several times. Poor game management is all that is going on here to keep a lid on the bots and dupes, but the bots allowed to persist is/has been much worse on the game. Which is why nearly everything you find is worthless.
Reply Quote

wow, that's insane, I didn't look but I believe you... to bad I didn't get one, but the more insane part is people would actually spend 250.00 on 1 item, for a game, knowing that they will have NO better than the other 47 people... WOW, insanity in circles...
Reply Quote

- I have godly objectX
- I sell objectX on AH
- I ask rollback

Have fun with your new BoA item.

Late to the party are we?

no actually the guy duping is having fun with the $250 ( minus fees )
that he just made selling the BiS item...and guess what hes still got one
the duper got to make $250 bucks and still gets to use the BIS item himself..
seems like a good deal still for the duper...or am i missing how having $250
in my account is a BAD thing if i still get to use the item as well..?
Edited by BigBudz#1340 on 7/23/2013 2:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hmm, I see someone that missed the change on rollback policy. You better take another look at it and you will see that there are only two rollbacks per account. Along with all items on the account being BoA (bind on account). Those dupes are what is left from the earlier abused rollback policy.

Also some might even be hold overs from the glitch that was supposed to be fixed that duped items due to a bug in a barbarian skill rune.

Then add to the fact that there is no gear sink in soft core.

Finally add one more element time, after x amount of time and y amount of players you will eventually find two items with the same stats. Otherwise you are looking for Blizz to make the game where only one item with perfect stats would exist. Where it would be impossible for another to exist regardless of the amount of players and the amount of years that the game is out. What would happen is this, after all of the best items are generated and found by other players than us. We would be left with crap, then after that no items would spawn at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]